AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM.
Just a heads up Steelslady, I think you might be getting "shut down" on that speculation because Tricia previously warned us not to discuss it:
AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #10
This warning about football is no longer at the beginning of the thread but it might still stand. You might want to tread carefully (not trying to shut you down nor tell you what to post about, just trying to help :) ).
The context of the warning has to do with a particular team, and the history of meatpacking in Wisconsin and not what someone may have been watching on television that particular day.

We were getting derailed by sports at the time.

Follow up to my post re: timeline of officers dispatched.
It appears all 3 officers reportedly arrived within one second. At 1:00:29, 1:00:30, 1:00:30.
So, my theory they may have arrived 1-3 minutes apart was wrong.
I'm sorry. I should have checked the lower part of the log first.
A lot of people haven't looked at the whole report so nothing to apologize for. A lot of what is out there is just the log part which introduces much of the questions/controversies. And to be fair, without the radio traffic transcripts we can't know exactly what each officer said only how the 911 dispatcher entered information about it in terse log entries.

Sheriff: ‘There is a tip out there that will break this case’
Posting on Facebook late Saturday morning, Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said they’ve received over 1,900 tips. Of those, they’ve closed more than 1,700 of them.

Investigators from the sheriff’s office, state Department of Criminal Investigation, and the FBI are working on the remainder.

In the post, he said, “There is a tip out there that will break this case, keep them coming in.”

So hopeful. I hope they get the one tip they need.

There were no weapons at the scene per LE - if her folks did that she would have run for help, what child would hide for 12 days?

I must not have been clear. I don't personally think they are related. Other than the sheriff's department that responded.

I am a little curious about the 2017 case. In a "how sure are they" kind of way, I'd like to delve into that case.

But in no way am I saying the Closs case isn't a double murder with missing child.

I am not sure if you are on a laptop or desktop or if you use chrome, but there is a chrome extension that auto saves what you type. Disclaimer: I have not used it so I can't say how well it works, just sharing it for those who may want to try it. Typio Form Recovery
My iPhone. I'll have to see- later, if it happens on my mainframe too.

I just don't understand why LE did not include the time period before the crime took place to ask for information from anyone who was driving by at the time. Why 12:30 when he could have been spotted 10 or 15 minutes before arriving at the house? Wouldn't they want information about seeing a vehicle or something strange when he was on the way to the house?

I've said it before, and then it devolved into a whole conversation about the neighbors, but to me that indicates that the police have doubts about the time the neighbors said they heard the shots.

We are in the Msp/St Paul area. We cross into Canada at the Fort Francis / International Falls border. I think this crossing is the closest to Barron. WI. It takes us appx 6-7 hours. Plenty of time for an alert to have been issued I think. The Twin Cities are 90 or so miles SW of Barron. Another close crossing would be Thunder Bay, Ontario.

would go thought that county in Michigan that was mentioned earlier in the thread to get to thunder bay?

The context of the warning has to do with a particular team, and the history of meatpacking in Wisconsin and not what someone may have been watching on television that particular day.

We were getting derailed by sports at the time.

Thanks, I missed what it was about at the time and just saw the warning. I deleted my post so I don't cause more confusion.

Is it a coincidence that one year ago this other couple died via murder suicide and had a 17 year old daughter?

Any connections between the two families?

Small town, two young families with teen age daughters have mysterious deaths. Do they know what prompted the one father to commit suicide? I will go read it now.
From the articles that I read it looked like there was a police history of domestic violence with that couple. It is a very sad story, it is possible the investigators may have missed something, but it sounded like this was an awful murder suicide and their poor daughter was also a victim.

The Jayme Closs case is equally depressing. I wish there were more I could do to help find her or the vehicles they're looking for!

Im beginning to think that whoever took her was a loner. Maybe he didn't have a job to be at everyday, so no one is noticing him missing. I think she's being held at a hunting cabin or something further north but that is JMO. I think the perp very casually knew the family and might be from a neighboring town. As far as motive, I have nothing to add that hasn't already been discussed. (in fact everything in my post has already been discussed but with no new info it seems like around and around we go).
One of the key decision points for me is if the perp is a local or not. LE certainly should have that profile by now. I lean towards a local. And so I agree, house cabin, someplace not too far away. If its not a local, I would be surprised. As a matter of likely coincidence I looked for salvage vehicles on eBay, and found both vehicles matching the description by a single seller in the Miami area.

I’m really leaning towards two perps. How easy would it be to subdue three people, even if you had a gun? This is assuming you kept them alive for any amount of time as opposed to killing right away. Dad and Mom most likely would’ve fought, especially with their sleeping child in another room. The biggest confusion I have, is why they didn’t kill Jayme in the home. Sex trafficking doesn’t make sense to me, this is too messy and high profile. Mistaken identity of a drug house doesn’t make sense to me because why wouldn’t you just bolt when you realized upon entering that it obviously wasn’t a drug den? I am just baffled honestly.
Maybe the primary motive was sexual assault and it got interrupted by dad, which caused things to go even further south? This is all so messed up and heartbreaking. As much as I hate to say this, and how sick in makes me feel in my stomach, I’m almost hoping that assault was their reasoning in taking Jayme. I think that gives her the best chance of still being alive. I really hope LE catches these horrible people.

The closed out tips make me think they’re super stuck. :(

They probably got a lot of duplicate tips or tips that are not any help at all. If 20 people called in to say "Hey I think you should check all Registered Sex Offenders" without any more detail those tips get "closed" pretty fast. It's SOP that they already checked the RSO's in the area. If several people call and name a specific RSO that they already investigated and cleared the tips also would be "cleared". And I bet they got hundreds of calls about the Dodge Challenger parked at Jennie-O. The Sheriff said on Ashley Banfield that was not the specific Dodge Challenger they are looking for. They are still looking for those vehicles. They need someone to call in with specific knowledge of a specific person acting unusual. A name they have never heard could break this wide open at any time. JMO.

Last edited:
I’m really leaning towards two perps. How easy would it be to subdue three people, even if you had a gun? This is assuming you kept them alive for any amount of time as opposed to killing right away. Dad and Mom most likely would’ve fought, especially with their sleeping child in another room. The biggest confusion I have, is why they didn’t kill Jayme in the home. Sex trafficking doesn’t make sense to me, this is too messy and high profile. Mistaken identity of a drug house doesn’t make sense to me because why wouldn’t you just bolt when you realized upon entering that it obviously wasn’t a drug den? I am just baffled honestly.
Maybe the primary motive was sexual assault and it got interrupted by dad, which caused things to go even further south? This is all so messed up and heartbreaking. As much as I hate to say this, and how sick in makes me feel in my stomach, I’m almost hoping that assault was their reasoning in taking Jayme. I think that gives her the best chance of still being alive. I really hope LE catches these horrible people.

If Dad was shot instantly, and mom as soon as they confronted one another...there may have been no fighting or struggle at all.

Just catching here.....any new information about the red car they found in the Fox River in Oshkosh? It sure looks like the car LE described even though it's a Monte Carlo.
Wrong manufacturer and off by atleast 8 years from the one that police are searching for.

They made it clear that they are looking for a particular brand (Dodge Challenger), and production period.

It may look somewhat similar, but it’s not even close.

I’m assuming that they are being so specific, based on surveillance video that excludes other makes, models, and years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member