AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was a friend, there’d be evidence. A car parked in the driveway for a few hours, beer cans or drinking glasses, snack bowls, a
made up couch to sleep on. And I think LE would’ve said so, because then the investigation is just friends and family.
They could have all of that evidence, we don’t know what they have. Maybe the mattress they took out was in a spare room in the basement. The car could have been there all day without being seen by anybody. IMO

It looks like there is a neighbor close to the Smrekars to the west. I wonder if anyone was home there that night and whether they heard the shots and noticed the time. It would be good to get clarification on whether the shots were really well before the call or whether they were closer together like some are speculating.

Thinking back to the fitbit aspect of the Mollie Tibbetts case, if I were lying quietly in bed and then heard a noise that startled me enough that I got up, looked out the window, went out on the porch, before going back to bed, that would probably be noticeable in my heart rate data, and while it can't determine the time precisely (mine shows 5-minute rolling averages of heart rate), it could distinguish 12:31 from 12:51...

They could have all of that evidence, we don’t know what they have. Maybe the mattress they took out was in a spare room in the basement. The car could have been there all day without being seen by anybody. IMO

Come on, there'd be enough evidence that they'd know who it is. They'd have fingerprints and ask every single person who knew the Closses to get fingerprinted to rule them out and go from there. There'd be cell phone calls or text message exchanges about hanging out that night. It's really, really unlikely at this point that this is what happened.

The car found on Oshkosh river may deserve a second look.
October 23= officers called to scene because someone was heard yelling for help. Officers responded & searched in and out of the water. Found nothing.
Oshkosh Police Investigate Suspicious Incident on Fox River

October 26= someone driving by saw the red car in the water and called police. Police recovered the car.

Car Found in Lake Butte des Morts
Fyi. I live in the area & this news source is our local CBS. Even if this isn't a car that law enforcement mentioned, it could still be related as it's very suspicious......the fact that someone was yelling,"help!".....but Windows are up, no one around and doubt it was an accident since they didn't phone police for help.

I also question the accuracy of the neighbors' timeline of things. I am NOT casting any suspicion on them. I am just saying that in the middle of the night, it can be hard to be accurate on time. We don't know if the neighbors need glasses/contacts and if they actually put glasses on to look at the clock for instance.

I think back to where the neighbor said she couldn't sleep so she got up a half hour after hearing the shots (or so) and her dog was acting funny; she looked out the window and saw nothing (I linked the source to this on another post of mine and can go back and find it through my past posts if need be).

A half hour after 1231 would be just after 1 AM when emergency vehicles were already dispatched and on scene. I know there are trees and stuff, but if their lights were on, you can see those red and blue lights swirling through the air from far away at night. It's odd to me she didn't notice that or see other vehicles parked on the road. This leads me to believe she was off in her timing of when she got up and looked out the window (maybe it was earlier and before cops got there, or later and they were already dispersing or turned off their lights). So then it throws into question if when she said she heard the shots was an accurate time. I also agree there were probably more than two shots, but the neighbors just didn't hear them all.

I am sure LE canvassed the other neighbors too. I'm curious if they found out anything from them--weird vehicles, hearing things that night, etc.

If there was a friend, there’d be evidence. A car parked in the driveway for a few hours, beer cans or drinking glasses, snack bowls, a
made up couch to sleep on. And I think LE would’ve said so, because then the investigation is just friends and family.

That would give the perp too much information. They would know LE were on to them then.
Even if they did have a friend(s) over, that doesn't mean LE would be able to know who it was. Even with DNA testing the items, they would need to be in the system in the first place.

Come on, there'd be enough evidence that they'd know who it is. They'd have fingerprints and ask every single person who knew the Closses to get fingerprinted to rule them out and go from there. There'd be cell phone calls or text message exchanges about hanging out that night. It's really, really unlikely at this point that this is what happened.
Like I said, they could have all that and more. If there is no matching prints on file, there is no suspect. Just because it is a friend of James doesn’t mean the whole family knows him.

I cannot overstate how unusual it would be for "druggies" or "meth heads" to have a firearm. Most firearms are valuable and items of any value are only useful for trading for drugs or money for drugs.
I've known more meth heads than I'd have chosen to. Some had no guns, but most had guns. A few of them had a lot of guns! You forget how paranoid they are. Paranoid people like to have backups, because after all, everyone is out to get them.

I think it's really unlikely too, but, it's still a possibility.

So the reason i say druggie might of hit the wrong house is I expirenced it first hand. I happened to have the same car as a meth dealer who lived a few miles down the road from me. The guy ripped off some people and they came up on in my driveway and set my car on fire. They thought it was is his car.

Holy cow! I've had some scary wrong address incidents myself.

So going with that thought. And given that Google's addresses are so wonky on the Closs's street. Has anyone looked up the neighbors address who was arrested. To see if the Closs's house shows up instead? Of course we have to be careful that we stay within TOS.

I've known more meth heads than I'd have chosen to. Some had no guns, but most had guns. A few of them had a lot of guns! You forget how paranoid they are. Paranoid people like to have backups, because after all, everyone is out to get them.
Respectfully, junkies desperate enough to enter an occupied house to steal for drug money rarely are carrying firearms. Easier to sell the firearm for drug money than risk getting confronted by an occupant.

So hard to keep up. Has it been verified that someone said " You don't have to do this" on the 911 call? Because that really jumps out at me. It makes this case more personal to me. Like they know the perp,and are pleading with them for a resolution.
MOO

Have there been any river searches? Or at least a check of bridges for blood?

I have been thinking about the funeral. It wouldn't be uncommon for the perp to attend the funeral of his victims. It makes me wonder who attended. Was LE or FBI present? I also know funerals bring people out of the woodwork too. My ageing mom regularly attends funerals of people she is barely acquainted with anymore (I think she is worried no one will attend hers...trying to build good karma).

The Sheriff was at the funeral to pay his respects and also to provide security. I agree that people who barely know the deceased often show up at funerals. I recently went to a funeral of a man I had only met twice but he was a close relative of a friend of mine. My friend asked me to be there for her emotional support. While there with my friend a man came over, shook our hands and asked me first thing which children in the room were mine (none of them were mine so I didn't answer). Then he went on to ask my friend specific questions about where she was living now which she avoided answering. I got a weird vibe but I chalked it up to this just being a strange old man at a funeral. As soon as he left us my friend whispered to me that the man was a convicted pedophile. He had moved at least 100 miles away from this small town but still took the time to come back for a funeral of someone he barely knew. My friend was beyond livid this man showed up and asked me to help keep an eye on her grandchildren and nieces for the rest of the day. Thankfully, nothing happened-- because we didn't have any police or security there if something had. Anyway, the point of my story above is that there were at least two people attending a funeral that from some people's point of view didn't belong there-- me and a convicted pedophile. People have all kinds of reasons for attending funerals of someone they didn't really know. I imagine that the Closs family funeral drew quite a few people who never met them but read the story and wanted to pay their respects. Unless there is an obvious RSO that attends like in my example above, it may be hard for LE to profile the funeral guests. I do hope they kept an eye out though. A lot of random people show up at funerals. Wouldn't that be something if the perp is brazen enough to attend the funeral of his victims? JMO.

Like I said, they could have all that and more. If there is no matching prints on file, there is no suspect. Just because it is a friend of James doesn’t mean the whole family knows him.
If they have fingerprints or DNA from the crime scene that doesn't match anything on file, what would typically happen is they'd begin asking people to offer theirs up. Anyone in the Closs's social circle, the neighbors, Jayme's friends, coworkers, family members, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli