AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that if the dairy owners replied that they had already searched then they had had previous contact with some other LEO's telling them about a missing girl and searching prior to this line in the dispatch log.
Since this is a near neighbor and there had been a zillion cops in the area for 12 hours, I would think the dairy had asked what as going on, and done their own search.

Before we're down for the night what do we know as fact?
2 people murdered
a 13 year old female child unaccounted for
Please add facts to this.

A gun was fired more than once
Denise and James died from gunshot wounds
Deaths were ruled homicide
A 911 call was made
The call came from Denise's phone
The police have the phone that called 911
No guns were found at the scene
Police removed a chair and the storm door from the house
LE left the main doorway of the house partially boarded with plywood and some sort of cover up in the doorway
James was found "dead at the door"-- Sheriff's words
Denise was found elsewhere in the house
An Amber alert was put out for Jayme
Jayme has been repeatedly called missing and endangered by LE
The FBI got involved very early on
Drones with infrared were used to search
A pole cam was used to search
Dogs were used to search
A search of 14 miles of HWY 8 was searched with 100 volunteers
A search of another large area was done with 2000 volunteers
Military choppers were used to map out the search area for the 2000 volunteers

Two cars were identified via surveillance videos taken from homes and businesses as being near the Closs home at the time of the crime-- One was determined to be a red or orange Dodge Challenger the other vehicle was a black SUV of one of two similar models (I can't recall the makes/models)-- LE put these vehicle descriptions out as "vehicles of interest" and asked for tips.

The last time Jayme was seen alive and well was at the family gathering
The family gathering did not take place at the Closs home

Last edited:
If the police came to you in the middle of the night/very early morning when you were most likely still asleep and said that two of your neighbors were dead and a girl was missing indicating the possibly of a killer/abductor on the loose, wouldn't you at least go around to check all your windows and doors to make sure everything was secure?
Heck no! I'd have the cops do it! :eek:

Don’t believe the wrong house was hit. There is a large, clearly legible sign at the curb with address. I assume all driveways have them.
Yeah, neither do I. I’m still not sure what exactly this was, but I absolutely don’t believe this to have been a case of mistaken identity.

While researching who "302" is I found this page, which shows some history of how many and what kind of calls are normal in Barron County. http://barronsheriff.org/2017-annual-report/
The ERT team consists of 1 Commander, 13 Entry, 4 Snipers, 2 Negotiators, and 4 Tactical Medics. Members of the team are 14 Sheriff’s Department personnel, along with 1 from Rice Lake Police Department Officer, 5 from Rusk County Sheriff’s Department and 4 tactical medics from Lakeview Medical Center. WOW calling them is a big deal. They did it ONCE in 2017. Earlier people had talked about how many inmates they had in 2017. I noticed there is an item about income for housing inmates for other agencies. This is common if they have a newer jail and neighboring counties have older or smaller jails.

Edit: Add they paged the ERT team at 1:06:19

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Time to close the thread for the night.

I'll be back to put the link up for the new thread that will open in morning.

Thank you,

Love and kisses,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads