AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jethro, but who is the "he" referring to? It's not clear to me if this is the owner that advised unit 302 where to park and said he had searched or was it the first officer on the scene? Seems to me that if the dairy owners replied that they had already searched then they had had previous contact with some other LEO's telling them about a missing girl and searching prior to this line in the dispatch log. Otherwise how would the owners even know to search prior to this contact? :confused: It seems to be a summary and some details may be left out of there. JMO.

Yeah, I was wondering what time the news went out (both "informally" perhaps as rumor circulating the neighborhood and officially via tv/radio/papers)?

meth

Though some here say that meth heads would be way less organized and/or homicidal. But if it was a buy of some kind, they weren’t the users necessarily. They had wrong house, never planned on killing anybody, and the unexpected happened. Jim could have had his own gun he was threatening them with as well, but they took it with them.

At this point, I think that theory is as good as any. They may have thought the woman lived there and she owed them money.

I read somewhere about two men in a black SUV or pickup with dark beards?
They were seen in the area? Or something?

I think that comes from the "not credible" tip in Miami, FL. It takes 25-26 hours to drive there and the tip came in about 14-15 hours after 911 call was made. Fitzgerald said they followed up and found it "not credible".

I also worry about the wrong addresses on Google maps.

I think that comes from the "not credible" tip in Miami, FL. It takes 25-26 hours to drive there and the tip came in about 14-15 hours after 911 call was made. Fitzgerald said they followed up and found it "not credible".
Yeah. As soon as I saw the Miami PD’s Tweet, I did the math and immediately became angry. I think they mishandled that.

Do we know that the perp was aware the 911 call had been made?
We're making it make sense with that assumption.

We DON'T know if the perp knew about the 911 call, but IF he did, he may have tried to get Jayme to tell him how much LE heard or knows. If she was too shell-shocked to tell him he may have taken her to get away quickly and then get it out of her. It that was the case he could have killed her immediately after getting info out of her Not what we want to think about. All this is just speculation on my part.

We DON'T know if the perp knew about the 911 call, but IF he did, he may have tried to get Jayme to tell him how much LE heard or knows. If she was too shell-shocked to tell him he may have taken her to get away quickly and then get it out of her. It that was the case he could have killed her immediately after getting info out of her Not what we want to think about. All this is just speculation on my part.
I think it’s reasonable to suspect that the perpetrator knew about the 911 call.

That phone went dead for a reason, and it appears that it was at this point, he fled with Jayme.

It wouldn’t have mattered what was said on the call, as police would have responded regardless, and quickly determined that this was a serious crime scene.

Thanks! That’s an excellent point! I wondered if the log was redacted at all? Or did we get the whole thing? Anyone know how that works? Can they omit things they don’t want released?
The only thing that appears redacted is Jayme's date of birth.

Somehow this report got to a lone reporter at a local daily newspaper on October 16th and when the rest of the media found out about that (almost two days later) they all wanted it as well. It had to be released to all of the media with exactly the same content as the one reporter received. It is pretty rare to get a report like this. It only happens if law enforcement wants information out there or a mistake had been made in releasing it otherwise law enforcement holds reports like this back as being part of their investigation. Had this been something law enforcement planned to released quite a number of things we see in the report would have been redacted - like names, phone numbers, and probably time stamps.

Doesn't the phone record the length of the call for the user's review?

I think the Unsub calculated for and expected that one 911 call would be made. It's part of why I believe there was only one Unsub.

I’m sure most everyone that runs through different scenarios in their own mind comes to a common conclusion with each variable.
It’s like a maze, you think you have a scenario pieces together and then you hit a wall.
So bizarre.

Good night and let’s pray that this new week brings us some positive news.

Thanks Jethro, but who is the "he" referring to? It's not clear to me if this is the owner that advised unit 302 where to park and said he had searched or was it the first officer on the scene? Seems to me that if the dairy owners replied that they had already searched then they had had previous contact with some other LEO's telling them about a missing girl and searching prior to this line in the dispatch log. Otherwise how would the owners even know to search prior to this contact? :confused: It seems to be a summary and some details may be left out of there. JMO.
From the context it appears "he" whoever they were in contact with at Anderson Dairy. Also, this was at 1:49PM and not part of any of the more "chaotic" stuff that would have gone on earlier in the morning. It also had two fire departments out to search there - Barron and Almena. So it seems this was law enforcement identifying a place to search, making arrangements, requesting resources (fire departments) and then searching at some point. It wouldn't surprise me if they checked the buildings again anyway.

Before we're down for the night what do we know as fact?
2 people murdered
a 13 year old female child unaccounted for
Please add facts to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads