AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW me and the majority of people I know carry guns in their cars. IMO the criminal population even more so.
On the whole though, most people do not have guns on their cars.

Most of my friends do, but that’s because they are prior military.

Many criminals do though, you’re right about that.

It really depends on the part of the country you live in, as it’s far more common in some regions than in others.

Haven't been following until now but wondered from beginning why they are using such a terrible picture of Jayme for missing? Why not use a picture where she has her head up looking straight at the camera? It would be difficult to ID her from the picture on the alert.

Here is Rainynights post and screenshot of the mattress:
mattress-png.152861

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

I can see something blue under the yellow so I think this was two mattresses or else a mismatched set. The link the above photo came from seems to have changed the video they were using but I know I saw it in the video before.
Yes, there are two. One could be a box spring.

FWIW me and the majority of people I know carry guns in their cars. IMO the criminal population even more so.
Well, yes, I could see why criminals would, but in this case I was referring to a friend of James. Unless for a purpose such as hunting, I don't know why someone would have a weapon in their car, unless they are planning to use it. I've never known anyone who carries guns in their cars but I'm sure some people do. But I would think they would have a reason. Jmo

And I would think guests would include some family members. But the grandfather has said the last time to his knowledge Jaymie was seen was at the family party.
During a daytime game, you’d be right. A late Sunday night game, probably wouldn’t have many people in attendance though. Especially because these teams didn’t include Green Bay.

Hi all, brand new on this site and have been reading thru the threads a bit.

I have two partial scenarios which, in my mind either/both could explain the 20min time lapse. Both assume that Jayme is a sexual target.

Scenario #1: DC was using the bathroom when perpetrators shot dad at door. Not realizing this, perpetrators go straight to Jayme's room. DC hears the danger and dials 911 from the bathroom. The commotion between Jayme and perps is heard on the 911 call, which isn't clear on the other end because the bathroom door is closed. DC doesn't talk because it's the best way that she can protect her daughter at the moment. At some point, perps figure out that DC is in the house or overhear dispatcher on phone. They find and shoot DC and take Jayme (whom now is a witness and/or has DNA evidence).

Scenario #2: Perps kill dad at door. DC is in sight, and they threaten her with killing Jayme if she intervenes, and force or order her into the bathroom. In the interest of keeping Jayme alive, DC complies.

Would either of these scenarios, or a combination of the two, be plausible? I apologize if they have already been explored on the thread.

Not in context, and not in contrast with other cases I've seen with less brutality and less on the line. IMO, if LE felt that the parents of a 13 year old girl were brutally murdered in the middle of the night right in front of her by random, depraved killer(s) (who then acted on their predatory desires and kidnapped the 13 year old girl), there would almost certainly be daily press conferences with pleas to let her go, and it would equally as likely be front page news all over the United States until the perpetrators had been apprehended. So, in my view, we have to ask ourselves why that isn't the case, and I don't think it's because LE is dropping the ball.

JMO.

I think it's partially due to no marketing family spokesman like Mollie tibbetts father. Keeping a face up at press conferences every day surely helps.
Both Mr tibbetts and Daylan were on a street corner giving an interview all alone when Sharon Needles did his driveby. Money poured in and police were energized every single day. I believe that's how they received the neighbors video from all the facetime!

Not every family can do that.

I don't think we know where the birthday celebration took place but IIRC, the Sheriff stated it was not at the Closs home. I don't have a link handy, but I think it was in one of the press conferences. MOO
Thanks PommyMommy, yes I saw the Sheriff saying that. Looks like the media making it up as usual. Probably not too important but if we knew who hosted it their Facebook page may have more info on it. Just a thought. Take care.

I have two partial scenarios which, in my mind either/both could explain the 20min time lapse. Both assume that Jayme is a sexual target.

Scenario #1: DC was using the bathroom when perpetrators shot dad at door. Not realizing this, perpetrators go straight to Jayme's room. DC hears the danger and dials 911 from the bathroom. The commotion between Jayme and perps is heard on the 911 call, which isn't clear on the other end because the bathroom door is closed. DC doesn't talk because it's the best way that she can protect her daughter at the moment. At some point, perps figure out that DC is in the house or overhear dispatcher on phone. They find and shoot DC and take Jayme (whom now is a witness and/or has DNA evidence).

Scenario #2: Perps kill dad at door. DC is in sight, and they threaten her with killing Jayme if she intervenes, and force or order her into the bathroom. In the interest of keeping Jayme alive, DC complies.

Would either of these scenarios, or a combination of the two, be plausible? I apologize if they have already been explored on the thread.
Nothing excludes either scenario, based on the facts as we know them.

Something along those lines could have certainly occurred.

Jayme is hiding in another room and gets to her mom's phone. Calls 911 but doesn't dare speak for fear of being heard. One way or another is discovered, or thinks she is about to be. Makes a run for it out the back or garage door. One of (I suspect there were two) perps goes after her while the other kills the mother. Perp catches and overpowers Jayme, possibly knocks her out, possibly leaves signs of a struggle. Perps know that police are on route, so they do the quickest (and quietest) thing they can - throw her in the trunk and get out of there, intending to deal with her later.

Sadly, I would imagine that they took her somewhere, killed her and dumped the body. :(
So the motive was what? to drive up , hop out at midnight, go brazenly to a front door, bash in door, kill the dad , or kill dad through door and then shoot door open, terrorize and kill mom and knock daughter out -take her somewhere else and kill her, so the motive is surprise thrill kill of family that you didn't know was or could. have been armed because they were strangers to you and you depended solely on surprise and intent to murder?

In total agreement that the genesis of this horror was an on-line hook-up

The problem I see with this or an invited guest theory, is that there would be a traceable digital footprint the FBI would have found by now.

IMO, this was someone unknown to them or known but there was no recent traceable communication.

4 minutes.
Then what are the plausible options that fit inside a 4 minute window?

If I knew the area; From the house, head north or south on 12th or 13th Street which leaves Route 8 behind almost immediately. Then just keep on going at a reasonable driving speed while using only the back roads. Take a look on Google Earth and you'll see that plan would work (unfortunately very well, I think) whether he/she/they were traveling N-E-S or W.

Well if there was a sexual attack on jayme in the home there would be good reason to take her! DNA Never thought of that!

Good sluething!

On the whole though, most people do not have guns on their cars.

Most of my friends do, but that’s because they are prior military.

Many criminals do though, you’re right about that.

It really depends on the part of the country you live in, as it’s far more common in some regions than in others.
Yes, I guess so! Most people I know are very much against guns, especially with all the school shootings. I can see having one in your home for protection but why carry one in your car? Unless the the theory is that the friend planned on the murder, it would seem too much of a coincidence that he just happened to have a gun in the car and went to retrieve it after becoming so enraged at James that he was compelled to shoot both he and his wife to death and then take Jayme. There would be some kind of evidence that another person was there. Imo.

Welcome! We don't have many clues as to what happened that night, so at this point anything is possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks