AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMHO: I do believe this could be either a case of Jayme getting online attention from an older guy or young adult guy, maybe catfishing even or maybe not, that went totally wrong in the end as she was so innocent she did not realize the guy would actually show up or maybe even had mental issues.

Again, ALL JMHO. I so desperately want her to be okay!
In total agreement that the genesis of this horror was an on-line hook-up

I'm still trying to find additional video of the mattresses (it's as if all the news articles that had them have removed or edited their videos now to take that out). But in the mean time, I found a video I had not seen. In the video at this link at about .30 secs in the camera zooms in and we can see the windows with blinds open and some lights on. This is after the home has been released back to family. I can't make much out but I was thinking this video might be helpful for figuring out which rooms were to the right of the front door. Leaving link for anyone who wants to grab a screenshot:
Investigators Comb Closs Home for Any Remaining Evidence, Reward Increases to $50K

I’ve seen a few theories that the reason the perp took Jayme was because he knew about the 911 call and didn’t have time to kill her too so he took her with him. Wouldn’t killing her be way faster than taking her with him? Pointing a gun and pulling the trigger and then running fast to his car vs carrying Jayme or holding a gun on her and making her walk to the car then probably putting her in the trunk before taking off. Killing her would be a lot faster. I can see him taking her if he ran out of bullets but not “time”.

Also there would have been some type of evidence left at the scene. If they were drinking beers as suggested, they would likely have the perps DNA and finger prints, and would have a suspect by now. In a situation where one suddenly loses control and in a frenzy murders 2 people and takes a child, they are sure to leave evidence behind. Jmo
Just because evidence is left behind doesn’t mean they have something to match it with. There are multitudes of cases with plenty of evidence, but nothing to match it with.

Good morning all, and thanks for allowing me to this group. I've been following this thread for awhile and figured it was about time I got involved. I grew up in the area and possibly can help shine some light on a few things.

1) The firing of guns at night. I have and known others to shoot a skunk or 2 at night. Not as sport, but not wanting them to tangle with my dogs, they carry rabies and of course I hated dealing with a skunk sprayed dog. Also, individuals coon hunt, that's at night also because they are nocturnal.

2) If Jayme would have fled the house and hid in the woods they would have found her, because they deployed Infra-red equipment, and if she was killed outside, they would have found blood and why take the body when they already left 2.

3) The area does have a history of meth. Other drugs also. Here's a link to a growing operation located about 12 miles from Barron... Marijuana, monkeys found in Comstock barn

4) <modsnip - not allowed>

5) <modsnip - not allowed>

6) staying on subject with race tensions in the community, Jennie-O employes a large number of Somolian's, and the Twin Cities located about 80 miles SW has one of the largest Somolian populations in the US. While the Twin Cities has had several high profile incidents, Minnesota leads the nation in would-be ISIL terrorists from U.S., report finds and Valley fair riot : Minneapolis It's not a farfetched idea that maybe JC said something at work and was targeted.

7) Keeping on track, I'm thinking the perp is possibly from JC's work, This would explain the town meeting where no press was there. This would blow up big time, local, national as well as world. tying it all together, <modsnip - not allowed>. This stuff does not happen here.

8) oh yeah. Jayme? she has green eyes, she's a trophy!
WOW Now you got me thinking. Some of these people will not say anything if they have a relative or aqauintance that does something like this. I hope LE is investigating this. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he had friends over at all, but maybe he parked there so Denise could get out in the morning or LE moved it themselves to get their own vehicles by. They would not have been able to get that big white truck in there with his truck in the way. Also, he would not have had to move his truck if a friend came over. They could have parked behind him since they would have been leaving before him. JMO

When we have friends over, my husband parks our cars out of the way as a courtesy to the guests.

I would think if there were so many people over that LE would know who they were.

With JC being such a sports fan, I can see him having guests or going to a home of friends or going to a bar.

I lived in Minnesota. One year the Packers went to the Super Bowl.

I drove to visit my friend by Milwaukee that weekend.

On the way back, which is about 500 miles for me, I drove home along highway 94 which is a highway that goes to Chicago and then highway 53 which is by Rice Lake and goes to Minnesota, I saw a couple of cars in 8 hours of driving.

Homes were flying big Packer flags.

The grocery store, churches, window displays in the town where my friend visited were all decorated in green and gold.

I did not go for the game. It was coincidental as none of us care about football.

I merely give this example to show how dedicated Packer fans are. I think there was a Packer game that day? I cannot imagine James missing the game.

If there was some kind of confrontation somewhere involving James, LE would know.

People have been killed for the most petty of reasons. Maybe James dissed another team at some point in the past.

Maybe some random patron in a bar.

Is it possible that this is a road rage incident. The father was followed home, shot in a rage. Then DC was killed because she was a witness to that killing and JC taken because she was also a witness to the killings but wasn't killed at the house because of the phone call.

I’ve seen a few theories that the reason the perp took Jayme was because he knew about the 911 call and didn’t have time to kill her too so he took her with him. Wouldn’t killing her be way faster than taking her with him? Pointing a gun and pulling the trigger and then running fast to his car vs carrying Jayme or holding a gun on her and making her walk to the car then probably putting her in the trunk before taking off. Killing her would be a lot faster. I can see him taking her if he ran out of bullets but not “time”.

That theory doesn't even make sense to me if he ran out of bullets or if he wanted a hostage in case he ran into the cops on the way out. Taking her with him increases the likelihood he would be caught red handed if anyone saw him with her, not just the police. If stopped while driving on that road without a hostage he could say any number of excuses for why he was driving that way. If stopped with Jayme in the car, he was toast-- no amount of using her as a human shield like they do in the movies would have saved his behind. And if not stopped that night but only seen in the area and questioned about it later, he just added Jayme's DNA to his car for no reason. Something police would not have found to use against him if he left her there or killed her another way at the house. There's just no reason in my mind to take her if he had not planned to take her. JMO.

Last edited:
When we have friends over, my husband parks our cars out of the way as a courtesy to the guests.

I would think if there were so many people over that LE would know who they were.

With JC being such a sports fan, I can see him having guests or going to a home of friends or going to a bar.

I lived in Minnesota. One year the Packers went to the Super Bowl.

I drove to visit my friend by Milwaukee that weekend.

On the way back, which is about 500 miles for me, I drove home along highway 94 which is a highway that goes to Chicago and then highway 53 which is by Rice Lake and goes to Minnesota, I saw a couple of cars in 8 hours of driving.

Homes were flying big Packer flags.

The grocery store, churches, window displays in the town where my friend visited were all decorated in green and gold.

I did not go for the game. It was coincidental as none of us care about football.

I merely give this example to show how dedicated Packer fans are. I think there was a Packer game that day? I cannot imagine James missing the game.

If there was some kind of confrontation somewhere involving James, LE would know.

People have been killed for the most petty of reasons. Maybe James dissed another team at some point in the past.

Maybe some random patron in a bar.
The Packers played Monday night that week, but the KC Chiefs played the NE Patriots Sunday night. That was a big game, 2 great teams. Any football fan most likely watched that game. IMO

The Packers played Monday night that week, but the KC Chiefs played the NE Patriots Sunday night. That was a big game, 2 great teams. Any football fan most likely watched that game. IMO
Definitely. That game ended a couple hours before the shooting apparently began though.

One thing I keep coming back to, is that this appears to be fairly sophisticated crime for teens to commit. (Or the creeps were damn lucky.)
I think that whoever committed this crime, got very lucky.

Sophistication and luck are not mutually exclusive, but I don’t think think there was much sophistication here.

The luck factor simply makes it look that way. This was brazen.

You don’t think there appears to be a sense of urgency?

Not in context, and not in contrast with other cases I've seen with less brutality and less on the line. IMO, if LE felt that the parents of a 13 year old girl were brutally murdered in the middle of the night right in front of her by random, depraved killer(s) (who then acted on their predatory desires and kidnapped the 13 year old girl), there would almost certainly be daily press conferences with pleas to let her go, and it would equally as likely be front page news all over the United States until the perpetrators had been apprehended. So, in my view, we have to ask ourselves why that isn't the case, and I don't think it's because LE is dropping the ball.

JMO.

In my theory, the perp was told to leave because of an argument, or he got caught doing something to Jayme. He goes to his car, gets gun, kicks in the door and kills her parents, takes her. IMO
This theory would be solid in most cases like this, as we’ve seen plenty of arguments during gatherings, escalate to mass shooting.

The issue I have, is twofold. The kidnapping, and the fact that there haven’t been any breaks here.

Crimes like that almost never end in kidnapping, as they are emotionally based, and the perpetrator generally isn’t thinking logically. He shoots, and leaves. Or commits suicide.

If there were any guests that night, LE would have identified them.

I guess it's possible, but not likely. How many people carry guns around in their car? I don't see him leaving the room and going into Jayme's room without her dad noticing. I'm sure she would have been asleep that late on a school night. LE has asked anyone to come forward if they know of any misunderstanding or problem the family may have had with anyone. If he had a friend over, he would likely have a wife or someone who knows him. If he was a volatile type person I would think someone would have suspected him by now. And I think the chances of a friend, who would be someone James knew enough to trust, suddenly becoming enraged enough with no prior signs of anger problems, and murdering both James and Denise and abducting their child, is highly unlikely.

FWIW me and the majority of people I know carry guns in their cars. IMO the criminal population even more so.

Does anyone know the location of the Closs family gathering? I see an early report in the Daily Mirror indicating that it was at the Closs home and citing Mr Fitzgerald. "In the hours before the shooting, there was a family gathering at the Closs' home on Sunday afternoon, and Jayme was present, Mr Fitzgerald said."
The Grandfather is also quoted talking about his grandson's birthday: was it at his home?
I don't think we know where the birthday celebration took place but IIRC, the Sheriff stated it was not at the Closs home. I don't have a link handy, but I think it was in one of the press conferences. MOO

This theory would be solid in most cases like this, as we’ve seen plenty of arguments during gatherings, escalate to mass shooting.

The issue I have, is twofold. The kidnapping, and the fact that there haven’t been any breaks here.

Crimes like that almost never end in kidnapping, as they are emotionally based, and the perpetrator generally isn’t thinking logically. He shoots, and leaves. Or commits suicide.

If there were any guests that night, LE would have identified them.

And I would think guests would include some family members. But the grandfather has said the last time to his knowledge Jaymie was seen was at the family party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks