AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Jayme and her mom made any stops on the way home from the birthday party? It kind of reminds me of the Petit family murders. Maybe 1 or 2 bad guys saw mom and daughter in a store and followed them home. Busted in and killed dad and then did bad things to Jayme with mom at gunpoint. Then shot mom and took Jayme.

I don't know a lot about this case as I only check in every once in a while. Has mom's timeline been tracked...from leaving party? And while we're at it...who was at the party? Where was dad all day? When did dad get home? What was times of death? Have their CCs been traced for use? Cellphone calls? Texts?

Ok, to follow up on who might possess a high calibre rifle either in their car/truck or in their home. There have been many very good scenarios suggested on here for various types of incident. Road rage was one, a festering resentment and anger which snapped was another, drug use was another. Please set aside the predator being after Jayme for a moment.

So a person or persons unknown who hunts in the Barron area, who routinely carries a high calibre rifle or can access one in their home, has an altercation with James Closs ; at work, on the road, or in his yard. Anger grows, the perp snaps and does his rambo attack on the front door. By the time he encounters Jayme his rage has dropped off and he cannot shoot her. So where does he/she go with Jayme? Answer, somewhere 4 minutes away on foot or 4 minutes away by car/truck, maybe back to their home in the local area. At 60 mph this could be up to 4 miles away. I am convinced it is a local responsible.

If someone came to my house at that hour, I would call out and ask who is there.

So what was the answer. If dad did not like the answer, what would he do?

If he liked the answer, why would the perp kick in the door?

In my theory, say James saw the headlights of a car he recognized pull into the driveway.
I don't want to accuse anyone here so I won't. He starts to open the door since he knows who it is, and this person shows a gun or is drunk or something is off with him, and James tries to shut the door. This person kicks the door in and shoots James, and goes to find Jayme but Denise has run to drag her out of bed to the bathroom. Then continue my scenario above.

I had not thought of it either. The killer kicks in the door, shoots both parents, rapes the daughter and then abducts her. This would be aggressive character. "Brazen" was the word I read earlier and if this is the case it would certainly fit.

I think we all know this was a brutal attack. Brazen fits right in there.

Hopefully, they use the photos of her in the denim jacket. There are three of them. Those photos were very likely taken just hours before this all happened. The one of her outside where you could easily see the the leaf colors and fallen leaves indicates very recent. That is the closest to what she looks like, everything else is older or done up (not how she would appear day to day), like for a class photo or worse older photos where she has a more child-like as opposed to young adult look.

Every single thing LE has done has been for a reason. They have all of those pictures but chose the ones of her looking much younger. Wonder why?

Hopefully, they use the photos of her in the denim jacket. There are three of them. Those photos were very likely taken just hours before this all happened. The one of her outside where you could easily see the the leaf colors and fallen leaves indicates very recent. That is the closest to what she looks like, everything else is older or done up (not how she would appear day to day), like for a class photo or worse older photos where she has a more child-like as opposed to young adult look.

I agree. That last picture was probably taken on that Sunday. It hasn't snowed here too many times yet this fall, but it had snowed here on and off all day that day.

Focusing on Jayme to start this week off, OK?

This, if correct or almost correct, is so staggeringly horrible.
Source- U.S. Department of Justice- Office of Juvenile and Delinquency Prevention

"
There are approximately 115 children in the U.S. who are victims of a “stereotypical” kidnapping. These crimes involve someone the child does not know or a slight acquaintance who holds the child overnight, transports the child 50 miles or more, kills the child, demands ransom, or intends to keep the child permanently. Approximately 40% of these children are murdered or never recovered.

• 46.8% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead in less than an hour .
  • 76.2% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead within the first 4 hours.
  • 88.5% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead within the first 24 hours.
  • 97.9% of abducted children who were murdered were found dead within 7 days."

Some states consider your car to be an extension of your home, and it is legal to have a loaded firearm in your car. I’m not sure what the law is in Wisconsin. Where I live it is legal, and very common for people to carry guns in their vehicles.
It's called the Castle Doctrine: Wisconsin Castle Doctrine Explained | Grieve Law LLC Milwaukee & Brookfield, Wisconsin
In Wisconsin, the law on self-defense generally states you may employ lethal force to defend yourself or another if you or they are in reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm. Castle Doctrine changes the rules of retreat and when one can use force in their dwelling, workplace or motor vehicle to provide heightened protections from both criminal prosecution and civil liability if one uses defensive force.

The court or jury may no longer consider whether the actor (a homeowner in his home, business owner or operator in their business or motorist in their motor vehicle) had the opportunity to flee. You may now "stand your ground" in these locations. Now, if someone breaks in the front door of your dwelling, or is in the process of breaking in the front door you do not need to flee out the back door; instead you may choose to stand your ground and the new law shall presume you reasonably believed lethal force was necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm.

It’s really not. The odds that no one else would know that James and a friend were at the house together would be very low. If he got together to watch the game with someone LE would know who that is by now. They’d have questioned that person about their whereabouts FITB that day/night and checked it all out. It’s just not very likely to be someone close to them at this point. After 2 weeks LE would know.
not really, it could of just be a friend or an acquaintance, who is single.

To address the neighbors:

They are a middle aged couple, dealing with the guilt of not calling 911 when they heard what they believed were gunshots.

At the time, they obviously weren’t overly concerned by what they heard. By now, they realize that they made a grave mistake.

They are being hounded by the media, and there is no playbook for how they should be behaving. Everyone reacts differently to stressful situations.

They may have been inconsistent, and said things in a way that people don’t like, but that in no way indicative of them being involved in anything nefarious.

The timing of this event is thrown off by their statements, and I can’t make sense of this crime, in part, because of the time gap between gunshots and 911 call.

I believe that they are telling the truth though.

I find that, overall, I often share a lot of your thoughts and feelings, MassGuy. The one thing I don't agree with you here concerns the time gap. To my mind, it's not completely unreasonable for the suspect to have spent 30 minutes in a home where 2 victims were murdered and another subdued, especially given the fact that we don't know the size or the layout of the house, we don't know if anyone barricaded themselves in another room of the house, or is someone was hiding. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't it take 5 minutes or more for responders to report having found the body of DC ? THAT seems like a long time to me too. But that's what happened.

Ok, to follow up on who might possess a high calibre rifle either in their car/truck or in their home. There have been many very good scenarios suggested on here for various types of incident. Road rage was one, a festering resentment and anger which snapped was another, drug use was another. Please set aside the predator being after Jayme for a moment.

So a person or persons unknown who hunts in the Barron area, who routinely carries a high calibre rifle or can access one in their home, has an altercation with James Closs ; at work, on the road, or in his yard. Anger grows, the perp snaps and does his rambo attack on the front door. By the time he encounters Jayme his rage has dropped off and he cannot shoot her. So where does he/she go with Jayme? Answer, somewhere 4 minutes away on foot or 4 minutes away by car/truck, maybe back to their home in the local area. At 60 mph this could be up to 4 miles away. I am convinced it is a local responsible.

The hunter theory is a good one IMO. Maybe there had been some previous altercation with one or both of the parents previously, possibly through constantly shooting too close to the property late at night? Perhaps that very night James went out to remonstrate with this person, so much so that it angered the hunter and he followed James back to the door and began his violent outrage then?

Here is Rainynights post and screenshot of the mattress:
mattress-png.152861

AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #12

I can see something blue under the yellow so I think this was two mattresses or else a mismatched set. The link the above photo came from seems to have changed the video they were using but I know I saw it in the video before.

Is the blue mattress encased in plastic? It appears shiny to me. (If it even is a mattress.)

With this being a rural area, has the possibility of the intruder arriving on an ATV been discussed? A four wheeler or such? They disappeared so quickly, you would think the police would have passed them on the road on the way there. If they used a four wheeler they would have had more options as to escape undetected.

With this being a rural area, has the possibility of the intruder arriving on an ATV been discussed? A four wheeler or such? They disappeared so quickly, you would think the police would have passed them on the road on the way there. If they used a four wheeler they would have had more options as to escape undetected.
But wouldn't there be ATV tire tracks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members