AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this sounds crazy, but I feel like I won’t be okay if this sweet girl doesn’t come home soon! I have found myself worrying and hoping like I would for a friend of my daughter. I worry if she’s being taken care of and fed well, I hope she’s (against all odds) with someone being kind to her.
Agreed. The fact that her parents are gone is like poking a stick at my maternal instincts. I can't forget about her.

I wonder how KJ-A maneuvered his way from the laundromat to the Closs home? At that time of night/early am it surely would be difficult to find the home unless you knew the area, or had possibly been there before.

Also, someone walking on foot that late would be a little hinky. Maybe he knew a shortcut, if not, he is lucky he wasn't shot.

I see that the Laundromat is open 24 hours so maybe it's possible he hung out there when he was "homeless."

Regardless, he is a creeper!

I was thinking he went to the laundromat looking for unattended or not closely watched "clothes" (also I **think** the police report said he walked from the laundromat to the Closs home.

Quick question for all of you sleuthers out there who keep an eye on the roads. In a case like this, if you were several states away and spotted a similar vehicle (like someone in Georgia did yesterday). Should we be calling the tip line, or the local Police? The only reason I ask is because I know local guys have other things going on and may not be following this case like we are. On the same token, though, the tip line may take too long to dispatch the proper people to investigate.

This is the type of stuff that rattles around my brain sometimes.

Your call. There are a lot of those out there. You might want to simply turn it in on social media because you just never know.

Some one mentioned Jayme ran. Does that mean track team?

Yes, there are cross-country time results listed online for competitions she's been in.
The only picture I could find of her at school was a dress up day. No pictures I saw of the track team included her so I was curious. You would think given an opportunity that she could outrun a captor and run a long enough distance that they wouldn't be able to get her. Unless they are also avid runners. She isn't very big so she would be easy to subdue.
I don't think she would have just run off and hid and stayed out there this long. Cold, no water, no food. She would have to search out food and water and likely be seen.

<modsnip: No link provided to substantiate what is stated as fact>

I also think the kicking in the door then shoot dad did not happen in that order. I might be lead to believe both parents were made to go into bathroom and pops came out while JC was being moved to a car.

I do like that the LEs came into town and have cleaned it up. Lot of drugs and offenders in that 10 mile area.

The employees complain a lot about Jennie O on the review site. I'm intrigued by their part in a 25k contribution to reward. Guessing an employee is missing, as unknown cell pings in the area have not come up, so it must have been a regular cell pinger in the area.

I do not like that this area west and north of there have a lot of cabins. Some will be free until next April when the owner returns. Hope searching cabin towns

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what is puzzling me about this casual statement about this burglary. Why make it, especially right now, when people are scared, tempers in some folks might be high (family, friends- loss of a loved one or friend can anger folks- especially since it was a brutal murder), if the man is innocent of having anything to do with what happened to the family?

I can't believe that I am defending a criminal (LOL, really, am I going there?), but by releasing his name and the crime of burglary, specifically mentioning Jayme's underwear, tank top and dress, is now going to start possibly a local witch hunt for this guy, if he gets out of jail soon. What exactly was the purpose of doing this? Are they going to watch him closely, hoping to draw out the perp(s) to go after him?

I think this stuff is public record so they couldn't hide it indefinitely, but idk.

Check #303 of this thread for a copy of the police report that explains that he rode a bicycle from work to the laundromat and then walked out to their home. No mention of how he was going to get to his next destination had he not been apprehended.

Quick question for all of you sleuthers out there who keep an eye on the roads. In a case like this, if you were several states away and spotted a similar vehicle (like someone in Georgia did yesterday). Should we be calling the tip line, or the local Police? The only reason I ask is because I know local guys have other things going on and may not be following this case like we are. On the same token, though, the tip line may take too long to dispatch the proper people to investigate.

I would and have previously called a tip line for out of state cases.

<modsnip: No link provided to substantiate what is stated as fact>

I also think the kicking in the door then shoot dad did not happen in that order. I might be lead to believe both parents were made to go into bathroom and pops came out while JC was being moved to a car.

I do like that the LEs came into town and have cleaned it up. Lot of drugs and offenders in that 10 mile area.

The employees complain a lot about Jennie O on the review site. I'm intrigued by their part in a 25k contribution to reward. Guessing an employee is missing, as unknown cell pings in the area have not come up, so it must have been a regular cell pinger in the area.

I do not like that this area west and north of there have a lot of cabins. Some will be free until next April when the owner returns. Hope searching cabin towns

As the nights are getting colder I would hope they could do some sort of thermal imaging fly overs and identify which cabins seem occupied.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be either. I think fetish is probably more common, but could also be gender dysphoria.

Considering he's working at Jennie-O you would think he could just buy women's clothing to wear if that's what he wanted to do. Breaking into houses and stealing teens clothing and underwear has to be some sort of disturbing fetish

They said to call the tip line but maybe call both? I have no idea. If you can get a plate number I would call the tip line. If you are really suspicious maybe call local LE and then call the tip line immediately and tell them you called local LE? But regardless one of the calls should be to the tip line even if you call local LE as well. I can tell you that all of the detectives I know in my state, which is 15 hours away, are very aware of the case. They see the amber alert everyday and know the description of the vehicles. The officers are reminded as well at the beginning of shifts according to them.

Does it specifically state that they are no longer looking for those two vehicles? What is meant by they "no longer know what vehicle" they are looking for? Is this verified? I think it is significant if they are definitely no longer interested in those two particular cars. Can we be sure of this?

The exact verbiage is: "vehicle of interest: unknown"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member