AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have located the Challenger?

ETA my question has been answered.

What challenger at Jennie-o???? I had not heard this. Is there a link?

About a week ago, when those vehicles of interest were identified, someone called in a tip to LE saying that a Dodge Challenger matching the description put out by police, was parked at the Jennie-O’s.

On Ashleigh Banfield’s show, the sheriff said that they had followed up on the tip, and that vehicle/driver were cleared.

It wasn’t the Dodge Challenger they were looking for.

Adding to MassGuy's post, that episode of AB aired on 10/23, and if you want to check it out, here's a Stitcher link to the podcast version: Hunt for missing girl after parents killed. Mystery after lawyer mom killed on vacation. Family mysteriously turns up missing & dead. from Crime & Justice with Ashleigh Banfield

That part of the segment that MG is referring to begins at 18:44, for reference.

Edited: corrected link

His mug shot shows his height as 5 ft 9 inches so nothing Jayme wore is going to fit him. Regardless of what they say about him I hope they are watching his every move ...
This guys got three hots and a cot. Even a Thanksgiving meal thrown in. Better than what he had before. Probably tried to get arrested on intentionally. jmo

About a week ago, when those vehicles of interest were identified, someone called in a tip to LE saying that a Dodge Challenger matching the description put out by police, was parked at the Jennie-O’s.

On Ashleigh Banfield’s show, the sheriff said that they had followed up on the tip, and that vehicle/driver were cleared.

It wasn’t the Dodge Challenger they were looking for.
I missed that. Thanks for the clarification.

Some of what's been happening has reminded me of Jeffrey Scott Easley (crime spree started in my state, 2010). When I first heard the news about Jayme, I flashed back to Easley. He was the mom's boyfriend. Killed mom due to his obsession with her 12 year old and they were eventually found in California due to the national coverage. They left 12/3 and were found 12/9 in San Fran. I find myself switching from being cynical to being hopeful and back again. I have a friend whose 2 year old wandered away to a pond and drowned. They brought him back, but with severe brain damage. Occasionally she would say to me: "There are things worse than death." And those words have been haunting me so badly as the case has gone on and on, because she's right. But all of it has been so weird. Sometimes criminals get very lucky. I just desperately hope this isn't on some list 20 years from now as unsolved. :(

I think it looks like someone pulled in and got out very quickly. Not taking time to pull further by the garage and not really taking time to park it even on the drive.
Maybe I watch too man crime shows, but I don't think LE would move it. Course if it had already been processed and cleared they wouldn't be concerned with where it was parked.
I still think he was followed home and he was trying to get inside quickly.

Any chance the caregiver was supposed to come in the morning to get Jayme off to school (we don't know the parent's work schedule?) and the father left room near the house for her car?

Any chance the caregiver was supposed to come in the morning to get Jayme off to school (we don't know the parent's work schedule?) and the father left room near the house for her car?

I don't know. I thought she rode the bus to school. Haven't heard anything about the caretaker. At this point anything is possible.

Witnesses can be wrong, for many reasons
They sure can. In this case, I believe that they believe that they heard gunshots at a particular time. They seem credible.

So two things are possible:

The perpetrator actually spent 20 plus minutes in that home.

Or, the perpetrator was there for a much shorter period of time, because these witnesses were incorrect.

The later makes more sense, but there’s no way of knowing at this point.

I haven't seen this one posted in the threads. PB's response yesterday to a Twitter user's questions re: vehicles of interest.

Paul Blume on Twitter
Request continues for leads on 2 #FindJaymeCloss vehicles of interest- older red Dodge Challenger & more common Black SUV. Sheriff says many Challenger owners have come fwd to say they weren't involved. Hearing stories of LE pulling over Ford Edges across region. Still no Jayme.

Paul Blume (@PaulBlume_FOX9) | Twitter
6:38 PM (CDT) - 30 Oct 2018

BBM. Wow. If LE pulls someone over simply for driving a vehicle of interest, I wonder how they go about ruling that vehicle/driver out just from a traffic stop? Are they checking the cars with dogs or something? I'm sure they run the driver's details for any warrants and check to see their registration is current, etc. But if everything checks out how do they rule the vehicles out? What if the perp borrowed his mom's SUV or what if the car was a rental? I hope they are not simply ruling out the owners/person driving at the time they are pulled over. I hope they have something they are looking for that will tell them if it's the same car seen on video. JMO.

A further thought regarding the possibility that Jayme could have escaped and be on the run -

I believe the sheriff held a private meeting with locals, with no media allowed? Could that have been to put out word that she was safe and that no one was blaming her, and perhaps to feel out whether someone might be helping her hide? I can think of lots of reasons why keep that out of the media.

BBM. Wow. If LE pulls someone over simply for driving a vehicle of interest, I wonder how they go about ruling that vehicle/driver out just from a traffic stop? Are they checking the cars with dogs or something? I'm sure they run the driver's details for any warrants and check to see their registration is current, etc. But if everything checks out how do they rule the vehicles out? What if the perp borrowed his mom's SUV or what if the car was a rental? I hope they are not simply ruling out the owners/person driving at the time they are pulled over. I hope they have something they are looking for that will tell them if it's the same car seen on video. JMO.
Yeah. This would be an impossible feat with most departments of this size.

The fact that they are being aided by state and federal resources with experience in this sort of thing, likely means that they have a procedure in place that will minimize the possibility of someone slipping through the cracks.

They probably pull these cars over, search them, and if they cannot rule them out, they likely go on a list in which investigators will use to follow up.

A further thought regarding the possibility that Jayme could have escaped and be on the run -

I believe the sheriff held a private meeting with locals, with no media allowed? Could that have been to put out word that she was safe and that no one was blaming her, and perhaps to feel out whether someone might be helping her hide? I can think of lots of reasons why keep that out of the media.
Doubtful. First of all, anything to that effect said in that meeting would leak. People talk.

Secondly, with the circumstances as we know them, her escaping and/or being on the run, is remote at best.

She likely never stood a chance.

No. If the town had been told she was safe no one would have turned out for the two volunteer searches (first 100 people and then 2000 people) and the school prayer vigil. All those things happened after the town meeting. The town has also raised funds for a reward and sold bracelets to help the family. They have no doubt Jayme is missing and endangered. She is not a runaway nor in hiding. MOO.

Kind of like the Jessica Heeringa case where they were searching all minivans matching the description, and they actually ended up searching Jeffrey Willis van early on. Without any obvious evidence in a car that matches the description it's basically an impossible task.

Last edited:
It's time for an open search warrant. If you look creepy or too isolated or the hinky meter goes off. We are searching your house, barn, shed, rv, trailer, storage unit, shack, bunker, property, etc. Jmo

A plate of moral panic and a side of mass hysteria is an alarming dish, and not one I want to be served.

No. If the town had been told she was safe no one would have turned out for the two volunteer searches (first 100 people and then 2000 people) and the school prayer vigil. All those things happened after the town meeting. The town has also raised funds for a reward and sold bracelets to help the family. They have no doubt Jayme is missing and endangered. She is not a runaway nor in hiding. MOO.

I don't mean safe in that respect - I mean safe as far as "the police don't think you are responsible for this, and you're not going to be in trouble" - if she was in the house while all this was going on, she could feel guilty and think that people will blame her for not doing more to help her parents.

I don't mean safe in that respect - I mean safe as far as "the police don't think you are responsible for this, and you're not going to be in trouble" - if she was in the house while all this was going on, she could feel guilty and think that people will blame her for not doing more to help her parents.
She’s a kid who likely saw her parents gunned down before her eyes. She was powerless to do anything to stop them.

I just don’t see a plausible scenario in which she is out there, roaming free.

I think she’s likely dead, and the best that we can hope for is that she’s still alive, being held captive somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tad72