AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean safe in that respect - I mean safe as far as "the police don't think you are responsible for this, and you're not going to be in trouble" - if she was in the house while all this was going on, she could feel guilty and think that people will blame her for not doing more to help her parents.
No sheltered 12 /13 year old shy daughter would think that people would blame them for being kidnapped after the perp killed 2 big, grown adults. Jmo

I assume wife had a garage stall, the other side maybe had lawn mower and other items. James prol just parked his outside mostly and used the front door mostly
It was Monday morning (night). What, if JC had to care for the trash bin (at the last minute) and parked therefore exactly near the bin? Then he perhaps heard yelling/noise in the home and immediately run to his front door ?
Idk, how it is handled, when the home's location is far from the street, where the garbage truck would empty the bins. Did JC have to transport the bin to the main street perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. Has there been any other cases where a guy was that mentally challenged to break into the home of an abducted victim to steal their clothes while a homicide, abduction case was still very much alive and ongoing?

Was this guy that mentally challenged?

And should he not be forced into a long-term psychiatric facility if he is just totally innocent but still cray cray enough to do some dumb crap like he did?

Im just saying. I don't think this was some innocent burglary. And I feel that this guy has caused previous problems or will soon be a future problem to some young kid down the line. Jmo.

They sure can. In this case, I believe that they believe that they heard gunshots at a particular time. They seem credible.

So two things are possible:

The perpetrator actually spent 20 plus minutes in that home.

Or, the perpetrator was there for a much shorter period of time, because these witnesses were incorrect.

The later makes more sense, but there’s no way of knowing at this point.

Even the most honest, credible and sincere witnesses can be mistaken about their facts.

I witnessed a deadly car accident. I was a witness in a civil trial, in a lawsuit over the death.

I was right behind the car, in which the passenger died. We were in the left lane at a busy intersection, on the Pacific Coast Highway, waiting for breaks in traffic, to turn left. The car in front of me turned left right in front of a fast moving car, and was T-boned feet away from me. It was so frightening.

I saw it all and was totally honest with everything I saw. I was interviewed on scene, and then went to a deposition and testified in court.

I was absolutely certain that everything happened the way I saw it and remembered it. But I was shocked when I saw the surveillance footage from the bank on the corner---and a couple of things were not as I remembered them. And I was so certain about what I 'thought' I remembered.

Even the most honest, credible and sincere witnesses can be mistaken about their facts.

I witnessed a deadly car accident. I was a witness in a civil trial, in a lawsuit over the death.

I was right behind the car, in which the passenger died. We were in the left lane at a busy intersection, on the Pacific Coast Highway, waiting for breaks in traffic, to turn left. The car in front of me turned left right in front of a fast moving car, and was T-boned feet away from me. It was so frightening.

I saw it all and was totally honest with everything I saw. I was interviewed on scene, and then went to a deposition and testified in court.

I was absolutely certain that everything happened the way I saw it and remembered it. But I was shocked when I saw the surveillance footage from the bank on the corner---and a couple of things were not as I remembered them. And I was so certain about what I 'thought' I remembered.
Wow. Im sorry to hear that you witnessed such a horrible thing. But when did they discover the bank video footage? Because all testimony should have been thrown out if it didn't align with the video footage. How long did it take them to get the video footage before the deposition?

Or did the left turn drivers have to yield to oncoming traffic before turning?

Because those yielding signs can be confusing sometimes when your light is green but overlook the yielding sign part.

Especially since that area of the Pacific Highway may have a lot of tourists.

Last edited:
It's time for an open search warrant. If you look creepy or too isolated or the hinky meter goes off. We are searching your house, barn, shed, rv, trailer, storage unit, shack, bunker, property, etc. Jmo
A plate of moral panic and a side of mass hysteria is an alarming dish, and not one I want to be served.
And denying a search would immediately move a person up on the (we definitely need to search here) radar. :)

BBM - Who dictates what is creepy, too isolated, or what constitutes being placed on a hinky meter?

I appreciate American Civil liberties like evidence, search warrants and due process. With that being said, I want Jayme and the thousands of missing and endangered persons to come home.

Last edited:
Wow. Im sorry to hear that you witnessed such a horrible thing. But when did they discover the bank video footage? Because all testimony should have been thrown out if it didn't align with the video footage. How long did it take them to get the video footage before the deposition?

They got it before the deposition, but they still wanted to hear our version, our memories of what we saw.

The differences were partially because of what my visual pov/angle was, and also because I saw it coming and turned my car away and ducked down. But still, in my minds eye, I thought I saw certain things that didn't actually happen.

Like one of the passengers getting out of the other car. I swear I remember seeing him going over to the Jeep in front of me, to try to help. But according to the video, that never happened. LOL

I didn't testify to that in court because by then I was already given a heads up that I imagined that part. But I did say it in my police statement so it made me seem less credible.

BBM - Who dictates what is creepy, too isolated, or what constitutes being placed on a hinky meter?

I appreciate American Civil liberties like evidence, search warrants and due process. With that being said, I want Jayme and the thousands of missing and endangered persons to come home.
Welcome to Websleuths where we follow enough cases to come up with our own Hinky meter levels about certain things.

The cops with the stop and frisk tactics do it all of the time. Jmo

Oh. He looks suspicious. Lets stop and frisk him. Hmmm.

So the hinky meter does happen more than you think.

They got it before the deposition, but they still wanted to hear our version, our memories of what we saw.

The differences were partially because of what my visual pov/angle was, and also because I saw it coming and turned my car away and ducked down. But still, in my minds eye, I thought I saw certain things that didn't actually happen.

Like one of the passengers getting out of the other car. I swear I remember seeing him going over to the Jeep in front of me, to try to help. But according to the video, that never happened. LOL

I didn't testify to that in court because by then I was already given a heads up that I imagined that part. But I did say it in my police statement so it made me seem less credible.
Thanks. Im just happy you did your due diligence to report what you remembered.

So even if it wasn't 100% accurate. It still was parts that were accurate.

Thank you.

Thanks Pommy, I am guessing it may have been a Christmas concert then, perhaps in a local church?
I think it's a dance thing. If you look at the background, most of the adults have jackets on, but there's a small girl in the background wearing white, comparing Jayme's red outfit and the white one on the small girl, I'd think dance costumes.

They sure can. In this case, I believe that they believe that they heard gunshots at a particular time. They seem credible.

So two things are possible:

The perpetrator actually spent 20 plus minutes in that home.

Or, the perpetrator was there for a much shorter period of time, because these witnesses were incorrect.

The later makes more sense, but there’s no way of knowing at this point.

Just to add, there is third possible - that the perpetrator spent much shorter period of time there and left Before 911 call.

If you notice no media sources or even LE ever stated that perp/s were still there when call was made. But still all assumptions here and elsewhere are based on that. I am not so sure, and not ruling it out yet.

Just to add, there is third possible - that the perpetrator spent much shorter period of time there and left Before 911 call.

If you notice no media sources or even LE ever stated that perp/s were still there when call was made. But still all assumptions here and elsewhere are based on that. I am not so sure, and not ruling it out yet.
The perp knew that the 911 call was made. Jmo.

And I truly think that if it wasn't made. The perp would have done whatever and left all 3 there while setting the house on fire after that. Jmo.

Yes and it has been peculiar to me as well. Almost to me as if someone else was parked in the driveway before he got there. Its discussed quite a bit in previous threads here.
To the person who said it looks like it's not even in the driveway, it is. The driveway goes in a good ways, then makes a turn, toward the garage. It's parked on the corner of the turn.
<modsnip - rumor> It would be easy enough for LE to tell. If he did, the grass underneath would be brown, and there'd be tire ruts. You can see tire marks in some of the pictures, but I couldn't tell whether the grass was brown under the truck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. Im just happy you did your due diligence to report what you remembered.

So even if it wasn't 100% accurate. It still was parts that were accurate.

Thank you.

Right. So my point, although I rambled, was that the witness who gave the times of the shots, MIGHT have been certain of the time she saw. But it is possible she is mistaken and remembered it wrong.

There was a recent case where a guy lived with mom in her house and the police found 3 dead women in the basement after he got caught beating and abducting his girlfriend.

And once he was in jail. His mother was brave enough to call the cops about a foul odor in the house along with suspicions.

The cops then found 3 hidden female corpses that was in the basement or on the property for months.

But its obvious that the elderly mom was that afraid of her son where as she didn't feel comfortable sounding the alarm previously.

So imo. Just because someone may alibi a suspect at a time. Doesn't mean that the alibi should be written in stone.

Because there are plenty of parents or spouses that are afraid of their kid or spouse. Jmo

Right. So my point, although I rambled, was that the witness who gave the times of the shots, MIGHT have been certain of the time she saw. But it is possible she is mistaken and remembered it wrong.
I agree that witnesses can definitely mistake things when trying to remember back to certain things that seemed so vivid at the time.

I and many of us have done this as well. No harm no foul amongst us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme