AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I follow the jail roster for my home county. I know Barron County seems to have some criminal issues, but I've been watching the bookings into the Barron County jail. It seems perhaps the law enforcement around Barron County has been very busy apprehending a number of probation violators and bail jumpers. Busier than I have ever seen in my home county. I suppose "beating the bushes" is normal after a terrible crime is committed in the community. Both to question and to obtain DNA. If this is happening, what does it tell us? Does it mean they really do not have much to go on? Also, there is a juvenile in the Barron County Jail with no charges listed. I assume it is felony related, as here in MN juvenile arrests are not public unless they are felonies. Not sure if WI is different. I found this peculiar. I also find it peculiar that the sheriff was so forthcoming about the intruder, while keeping most other details so guarded.

I agree that since dogs were used the next day, it is unlikely that Jayme ran anywhere although if she had she would have been capable of running for some distance because of her hobby of cross country running. If the dogs missed her scent then she may have collapsed quite some distance from the house, perhaps injured and certainly traumatised. May have sought safety in someone's outhouse and succumbed to her injuries.
Or climbed a tree...

Searchers tend to look on the ground and not up above them (unless people are looking for a cat)

Last edited:
Does anyone find it curious that beside the neighbors, no one has talked to the media? Specifically those that have already been interviewed by LE. Did I miss something? Usually there’s a line waiting to talk to journalists. Opinions?

Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death
Jayme’s grandfather, 72-year-old Robert Naiberg, said nothing seemed amiss at the family gathering that Jayme and her mother attended Sunday afternoon. He said Jayme’s father was at work at the time. James and Denise Closs were longtime employees at the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, which has a hatchery and processing plant.

Naiberg, Denise Closs’ father, told the Associated Press on Tuesday that Jayme “was quiet as always” at a birthday party for another family member. Denise Closs, he said, was “a thoughtful person [who brought] a little gift for everybody” at the party.

Fitzgerald said it’s his belief the gathering was where Jayme was last known to be, adding that it was not held at the Closs home.

People Magazine (online, link below) has an article dated Oct. 16; it says the family gathering was at the Closs home.

Has this been discussed, clarified or corrected by LE?

It may explain why the red truck is parked to the right side of the driveway, and further down - if he arrived home from work and there were still guests parked in the driveway, he may have left room for them to drive out.

Link: Strange 911 Call Led to Discovery of Missing Girl's Dead Parents Hours After Family Gathering
Yes.

Asked when Jayme was last seen, the sheriff said she had attended a “family gathering” on Sunday afternoon. It was not at her parents’ house, he said.
Jayme Closs: Mysterious 911 call, new photos of missing girl

LE likely reported on the theft at the home as surely media would do so anyway. They get hold of in incident reports. LE probably wanted to point out that this guy was NOT the suspect in the murders or kidnapping.

Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death
Jayme’s grandfather, 72-year-old Robert Naiberg, said nothing seemed amiss at the family gathering that Jayme and her mother attended Sunday afternoon. He said Jayme’s father was at work at the time. James and Denise Closs were longtime employees at the Jennie-O Turkey Store in Barron, which has a hatchery and processing plant.

Naiberg, Denise Closs’ father, told the Associated Press on Tuesday that Jayme “was quiet as always” at a birthday party for another family member. Denise Closs, he said, was “a thoughtful person [who brought] a little gift for everybody” at the party.

Fitzgerald said it’s his belief the gathering was where Jayme was last known to be, adding that it was not held at the Closs home.

Looks like the gathering was at the Grandfather;s house. However: The Birthday party was for Robert Naiberg's Grandson so may have been held at his Grandson's parent's house.

True. I think the mystery of why the truck was parked there may forever remain a mystery.
My original post was not commenting on where the truck was parked so much, but how the truck was parked. It appeared to me it was just left in that spot. Lol, I think this horse is dead, so in the scheme of things it is insignificant.

But, I am wondering, is the timeline put out by LE based on the neighbor's reporting they heard gunshots at 12:30? Or are they basing it on something they discovered at the crime scene?

That many people working for 2 weeks probably processed whatever evidence they have.

Like people have noted in previous threads, if this were the result of an online relationship, seems like they'd have made more progress/maybe have an arrest by now. Tho I imagine there's always more digging and analyzing to be done on digital assets and online activity.

Probably still waiting on DNA profiles from the scene . But other than getting a good DNA sample that doesn't match the mom/dad/daughter and matching it to a known DNA profile, police might be down to praying for someone to call in the right tip.
How long do DNA profiles take to return?

Does anyone find it curious that beside the neighbors, no one has talked to the media? Specifically those that have already been interviewed by LE. Did I miss something? Usually there’s a line waiting to talk to journalists. Opinions?

I personally don't find it curious. This case is very disturbing. Husband & wife murdered, their teen age daughter missing. My opinion, people are scared. They don't want to talk to the media. The murderer(s) have not been caught, the poor girl is still missing.

I think the quick level of deadly violence seems to lessen the robbery angle. It's a lot to risk for an iffy payout. Who keeps cash around in this age of debit cards? And, really, kill somebody to steal a TV that's going to pawn for $100? If it was robbery, then there's a lot more of value in that house than we have any reason to suspect. Locally, we had three family members murdered because they thought the father was holding a large sum of cash for his drug-lord boss. We've heard no such rumors in this case.

The level of violence seems to indicate either lots of anger or a premeditated plan to grab Jayme at any cost. If it was only anger, then why not kill her, too? After killing two, I really don't see them suddenly going soft-hearted.

Good summary.

However home invasions leading to murder in some the only thing taken were a credit card and no other items were taken.

I dont think we really know for sure what if anything was taken.

LE will not release that info imo.

Jmo

I know this was posted earlier, but something leapt out at me in re-reading it:

The joint investigative ground team in Barron has also been cut in half since its peak of 200-plus in the immediate aftermath of the brutal crime. So far, no new evidence has come in about Jayme's whereabouts.

"There’s been sightings or possible sightings of her," said Fitzgerald. "Those have been cleared. But the hope is out there. That’s what we run on, hope every day and we’re gonna bring Jayme home.”​

The sheriff promises though, no one is giving up.
I find this wording odd. I'd love to know more about those; it gives me hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member