AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually pretty easy as the device leaves a digital footprint. There are some more sophisticated means to obfuscate communication, but LE is hip to those as well, and can tunnel in...it just takes more time and effort. Fear not, if there was communication with the Perp prior to the attack/abduction, they know it.

Amateur opinion and speculation only
If they don’t have her cell phone it won’t be easy to check her online activity. Right? Or am I missing something. I know they have the “cloud” and can be logged in from any phone, but still that my be difficult and take a little longer.

I think this is unlikely. The neighbor's house was far enough away through the woods that the two houses aren't normally visible to each other.
CNN.com - Transcripts
BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

SMREKAR: Yes.

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.

The video of the gas station vehicle was strange with the way the person shifted to back seat. It makes me think the people somehow knew her. Maybe not close but I do think they somehow knew her. That family gathering is what I keep going back to because I dont like coincidences in cases like this and that was way too close to the abduction.

Where is this video you speak of?

JMO
To add to the theory of someone at the family gathering may be involved.

Just a theory. Here is a possible scenario I have been thinking about. Lets suppose someone she would talk to on occasion she felt comfortable with talking about her "problems". Someone about 4 or 5 years older than her but she looked to as someone she could trust with her inner most feelings.

He over time becomes fascinated by her and has feelings for her and she is not aware of how obsessive he is getting with her. This goes on for a period of months and then the family gathering happens and he is there.

She maybe has had recent "home trouble with parents" because that is very common with kids her age. So she immediately goes to talk to him when she spots him.
Its different this time though because she makes her problems seem more severe and he now wants to "save her" from her home issues.

She on the other hand thought she was just venting again to someone she could trust. He on the other hand took it as it was time to "save her" because of the strong feelings he had for her.

This person may have already had plans with others his age to leave town for good and move away on their own. They may have been planning for some time to leave town already. And after the family gathering they decided they would take her along with them and now is the time to go.

Anyway something like this happening could explain some of the few facts we know about this case.
But then it would have to be someone that would be connected to Jayme's cousin (since it was a birthday party for the cousin) and would be known to that cousin and other family members, most likely the aunt and uncle.

CNN.com - Transcripts
BANFIELD: Did you ever see Jaime with any friends? Or did she ever come and go and get picked up by friends in vehicles of any kind?

SMREKAR: That I can`t tell you, I just know that the school bus dropped her off?

BANFIELD: And you would see her dropped off daily in front of the house by the school bus?

BANFIELD: But other than that, you didn`t see collections of friends coming and going from that house?

SMREKAR: No. We didn`t even know they had any children. They just weren`t out there doing things.
So they saw her using the bus but didn't now they had a child. Quite contradicting. These people irritate me. Their constant interviews and this kind of contradiction. Shady imo. Not saying they are involved but def shady type people. MOO

CNN.com - Transcripts

That last sentence just throws me. Immediately prior she stated that they saw her dropped off daily, but then says they didn't know they had any children. How long have the neighbors lived there? The Closs family was not new to their home. Maybe she meant "Other than the bus, one would not have realized they had any children" but the wording is strange.

LE has brought in a special canine to try to locate electronics in the Closs home:

Electronic detection canines are a useful tool in uncovering electronic devices as evidence in a variety of crimes, prominently when people try to conceal electronic devices containing child *advertiser censored*. The intensely trained canines are able to sniff for particular chemical compounds, including triphenylphosphine oxide (TPPO) and hydroxycyclohexyl phenyl ketone (HPK), which are found in electronic devices.

New electronics K9 team trained; worked on Jayme Closs case

Very interesting article, thank you for sharing!

More from the article:
The Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) has added an electronics-detecting canine, Kozak, to help assist regional Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force teams.

Kozak is named after Alicia Kozakiewicz, a survivor of a brutal abduction by an Internet predator. At the age of 13, she was abducted, held hostage, and tortured in the predator’s Virginia basement. She is now an advocate for Alicia’s Law, also named in her honor.

K9 Kozak and Special Agent Tami Pawlak, Kozak’s handler, completed a comprehensive training in August. Since then Pawlak and K9 Kozak have completed additional trainings and seven deployments, including the investigation into the disappearance of Jayme Closs.

That last sentence just throws me. Immediately prior she stated that they saw her dropped off daily, but then says they didn't know they had any children. How long have the neighbors lived there? The Closs family was not new to their home. Maybe she meant "Other than the bus, one would not have realized they had any children" but the wording is strange.
That is what I'm wondering. Regardless though, if they saw the school bus there everyday they knew there was a child there. Very odd to add they didn't even know they had a child.

The wife has owned that house for a long time under her current name and her prior name. Goes back before the Closs' owned their home so earlier than 2001.

I ageee. I think she meant you would never even know they had children because we never saw them out in the yard or anything.

LE has brought in a special canine to try to locate electronics in the Closs home:

Electronic detection canines are a useful tool in uncovering electronic devices as evidence in a variety of crimes, prominently when people try to conceal electronic devices containing child *advertiser censored*. The intensely trained canines are able to sniff for particular chemical compounds, including triphenylphosphine oxide (TPPO) and hydroxycyclohexyl phenyl ketone (HPK), which are found in electronic devices.

New electronics K9 team trained; worked on Jayme Closs case
Did they bring the dog in during the original investigation or is this something new?

CNN.com - Transcripts

So they weren't out doing things except going to track meets, fun runs/festivals, church, dance classes, school functions, and shopping? Sounds like total hermits. ;)

CNN.com - Transcripts

That is what I'm wondering. Regardless though, if they saw the school bus there everyday they knew there was a child there. Very odd to add they didn't even know they had a child.

I found it contradictory at first, but my interpretation now is that they didn't even know JC/DC had children for whatever reason (the neighbors obviously didn't seem close to the family relationship-wise, which is OK, imo). But it wasn't until later on that they likely noticed JLC getting of the bus, and at that moment were surprised because in their opinion, they didn't even know they had children. Jmo

Hmmm, now I am quite skeptical. Had it been a call to a friend ok, but not buying an earlier 911 call. Only way is if it is important and being held back by LE..which is very unlikely as calls are public record. MOO
If calls are public record why hasn't the 911 call been released? Just asking for clarification. Maybe I don't understand your comment...thanks

If calls are public record why hasn't the 911 call been released? Just asking for clarification. Maybe I don't understand your comment...thanks
There are exceptions to public record law. One of them is that law enforcement can withhold any record that is otherwise public in order to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllDee