AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I am not implicating them as doing this. I think their statements are contradictory. I think they like the attention. Btw, there are cases where "geriatric" people commit horrible , similar crimes. I don't really see them as geriatric yet though. Just my opinion. I doubt they are involved in the crime...imagine LE would have been on that from the start. I just think they like the spotlight

How do we know exactly what they said?
We know what was reported they said, but is that accurate? Was it truly verbatim?

Recently on WS, those of us following the Savopoulos trial(Daron Wint) had a wake-up call.
While the reporting from many sources was good, a fellow WSer who is an attorney attended several days of the trial and reported back to us on the WS trial thread. The attorney’s reports were very different than the reporters. More detailed and less sensational.

I take everything I read with a grain of salt.
JMO

Good points and view! Reading your post, I can see that as the scenario. It's easy for me to sit here and speculate but I have no idea how I'd respond or react in their situation. Thank you for another thought. Edited to add... if they seek out interviews and continue to be in the thick of it I will still assume they like the attention or the $ ;) MOO

I agree. Not everybody can think quickly enough on their feet to say precisely what they mean at a moment's notice.

In my mind, it would seem that whoever is responsible would do all they can to stay away from detection and the spotlight. But I have heard of cases where the opposite is true, that the perp inserted themselves into the middle of the situation. I guess it depends on the perp's frame of mind as well as motives. If the perp is somebody who is starved for attention, I would see them possibly craving the spotlight. In my mind, though, that seems the exception rather than the rule. Criminals generally don't want to be caught and go to great lengths to stay hidden.

For those of you skeptical of and dissecting the neighbors' comments - can you elaborate on what possible motive a geriatric couple might have to murder two middle-aged parents at 1AM and kidnap their 13 year old daughter? Thanks in advance.

Where did i say i thought they had anything to do with the crime? Just pointing out inconsistencies in their statement. Everyone has their own opinion, and any scenario is possible. daisy 6441 replied to my post that 'maybe they were getting the mail or just coming home from work' which is a good counterpoint to my post. Seriously, what's the problem?

We know what was reported they said, but is that accurate? Was it truly verbatim?

Recently on WS, those of us following the Savopoulos trial(Daron Wint) had a wake-up call.
While the reporting from many sources was good, a fellow WSer who is an attorney attended several days of the trial and reported back to us on the WS trial thread. The attorney’s reports were very different than the reporters. More detailed and less sensational.

JMO

Excellent point.

PB, in response to a Twitter user's comment re: hoping something breaks in the case soon...

Paul Blume on Twitter | 11:40 AM (CDT) - 1 Nov 2018

Just spoke to Closs family member. "Numb, Confused, Angry." Just waiting for call that they found #JaymeCloss. Understands why investigation is morphing into next phase. Believes Law enforcement is doing everything it can to find those responsible. #FindJayme #FindJaymeCloss
I am glad the family is content and believes LE is doing all they can..but, they must know more than we do. And that's okay...

double post, see below

Last edited:
I have a lot of theories still circling around but, aside from someone in town seeing the family casually (as the family knows it to be) and yet, in a fixated way (to the killer) ... I also wonder if the place of parent's employment still isn't the focal point. Not a current employee. I am still placing the parents as the targets of rage and the taking of Jayme one final kick in the teeth at the deceased parents. If father did work that night, perhaps that explains quite closely why the attack took place at the time it did. Maybe he had just gotten off of work and now the killer could be assured of including both the mother and father. Could the killer be someone who once worked at the same job place? Say he left some time ago after some trouble with the parents and, when he left, he already knew he'd get even. Some people are patient and scheming enough to put some time between themselves and revenge... "revenge is a dish best served cold;" according to them... and it's safer for the coward killer, too (and, he is a coward. More than one? More cowards.) But, sitting far away from Barron letting his anger fester and grow, he biding his time, all the while knowing he'd go back and get even.
(Although I haven't ruled out a current employee either but that kind of anger would be hard to hide on a daily basis... not that a sociopath can't pull that kind of charade off.)

If the perp(s) is a former employee there would surely be some record of a previous confrontation/disagreement/etc. with JC or DC. Even if it weren't documented in employment records, people would know about it. I'd be shocked if LE hadn't investigated that already. If it is a current employee, same deal. There'd be records of it, or at the very least other employees would know about it.

Why would they use an electronics sniffing dog? I mean, yeah, they could be looking for Jayme's cell phone or tablet or something but it's not like she had time to hide it in the wall or pipes or something. It seems odd/extreme to me but maybe I am missing something obvious? And that the dog is generally used to find electronics used in CP... what?? Do they think there was something vile going on in the Closs home? Someone tell me I'm reading too much into it.

Why would they use an electronics sniffing dog? I mean, yeah, they could be looking for Jayme's cell phone or tablet or something but it's not like she had time to hide it in the wall or whatever. It seems odd to me but maybe I am missing something obvious? And that the dog is generally used to find electronics used in CP... what?? Do they think there was something vile going on? Someone tell me I'm reading too much into it.

I think you're reading into it too far. The dogs came about as a way to aid in finding people involved with CP. However they are trained to sniff out any electronics. In this case where there may be phones that got thrown, or bounced away behind something, these dogs can aid in finding them quickly. A normal investigator will have to scour around, whereas the dog will sniff it out.

It's just another tool that can be used in a broad way, but came out of a specific necessity originally.

Why would they use an electronics sniffing dog? I mean, yeah, they could be looking for Jayme's cell phone or tablet or something but it's not like she had time to hide it in the wall or whatever. It seems odd to me but maybe I am missing something obvious? And that the dog is generally used to find electronics used in CP... what?? Do they think there was something vile going on? Someone tell me I'm reading too much into it.

I don't know the answer to this. My initial thought was that perhaps it is done in all FBI cases like this in order to gather any and every clue - whether they expect to find anything or not. But I don't know if that is accurate or not.

I think you're reading into it too far. The dogs came about as a way to aid in finding people involved with CP. However they are trained to sniff out any electronics. In this case where there may be phones that got thrown, or bounced away behind something, these dogs can aid in finding them quickly. A normal investigator will have to scour around, whereas the dog will sniff it out.

It's just another tool that can be used in a broad way, but came out of a specific necessity originally.

That's a good point, especially if they were trying to find Jayme's phone or JC's phone.

Why would they use an electronics sniffing dog? I mean, yeah, they could be looking for Jayme's cell phone or tablet or something but it's not like she had time to hide it in the wall or pipes or something. It seems odd/extreme to me but maybe I am missing something obvious? And that the dog is generally used to find electronics used in CP... what?? Do they think there was something vile going on in the Closs home? Someone tell me I'm reading too much into it.

One thing I got from that article, was that the dog was only fed if he found electronics. So the dog needs to be working or training every day. Perhaps LE thought it would not hurt to have the dog 'work' or 'train' on the Closs location. Nothing in that article mentioned finding anything in the home.

JMO
I agree. Many people have complained they were misquoted in the media. It's not uncommon. Jmo

They could be looking for electronics planted in home that the C family was not aware of. Maybe the C house was bugged and someone was really watching Jayme. Or the parents.
JMO

JMO

There are videos of their interviews

One thing I got from that article, was that the dog was only fed if he found electronics. So the dog needs to be working or training every day. Perhaps LE thought it would not hurt to have the dog 'work' or 'train' on the Closs location. Nothing in that article mentioned finding anything in the home.

I'm pretty sure that's animal abuse. The article probably referred to the dog only getting treats if he finds something.

Also it has been mentioned that you cannot see the Closs property from where the Smrekar's live. Which begs the question: How did they see her get off the bus outside her home every day?

If there are other kids around her bus stop might not have been directly in front of her house. Mine rarely was, it was always down the street a bit.

I agree. Many people have complained they were misquoted in the media. It's not uncommon. Jmo
Very true and shifted my opinion a bit. I think I am getting picky and over reading things. Kind of like I am in a "trust no one" mode. Must remember that not everyone has an agenda.Hope that makes sense. All the statements could be correct but if the press leaves out a bunch said in between which changes the whole vibe...or as you said, misquoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member