AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve specifically told the public, that they are only interested in tips in relation to the vehicle descriptions they put out.

They will not follow up on tips regarding similar vehicles that don’t match these descriptors.

So no other years, manufacturers, or models.

Barron County Sheriff's Department
Yes, I know. My attempt at snark failed on Send in Your Tips. I am in the camp that LE needs to release more info to get better tips in this case from local people, not WS, and I did not mean about the cars.

For example, it doesn't injure their investigation to tell the public the family's timeline that day, did Jim work at Jennie-O and if so when did he leave? What time did DC and JC leave the party? Without informing people in the Barron area of basic facts, how are they supposed to supply tips?

Those don't seem to be working. It certainly does seem logical that they were the same person. But while high probability it isn't certain, and LE hasn't said so. When we're not getting anywhere considering the likely answers, might it be worth considering less likely? Example, person or persons unknown (to us) killed James & Denise. Jayme the track student, RAN, in blind terror. Person or persons unknown (maybe the same, maybe different) picked her up.
I think it would have to be quite a coincidence for her to run from the house and a person driving by just happens to be a potential kidnapper who stops and forces her into a car all within 5 minutes as LE is on the way to the house. Jmo

I think it would have to be quite a coincidence for her to run from the house and a person driving by just happens to be a potential kidnapper who stops and forces her into a car all within 5 minutes as LE is on the way to the house. Jmo

Yes, I know. My attempt at snark failed on Send in Your Tips. I am in the camp that LE needs to release more info to get better tips in this case from local people, not WS, and I did not mean about the cars.

For example, it doesn't injure their investigation to tell the public the family's timeline that day, did Jim work at Jennie-O and if so when did he leave? What time did DC and JC leave the party? Without informing people in the Barron area of basic facts, how are they supposed to supply tips?
Ha! Fooled me.

Apparently they feel it is better to keep that type of information private.

In the Mollie Tibbetts investigation for instance, LE also refused to release information regarding the timeline, to our tremendous frustration.

The idea is, if they keep that stuff private, and they hear information from a witness or potential suspect that isn’t public knowledge, then they can more accurately determine its veracity.

It’s to protect the integrity of the investigation.

Some random thoughts:

1) There are new rapid DNA testing technologies available to LE. I would not be surprised if the FBI or a vendor has made this available in this case if needed

2) Some LE have been using comprehensive, but targeted, court-ordered cell phone location record dumps from Google to ID specific phones in an area at a given time. You still need a suspect, though, generally, to tie the phone information to. If this is being used in this case I'd think they'd keep it very quiet.
(To find suspects, police quietly turn to Google)

3) As mentioned by others, commercial vendors allow comparison of DNA samples to commercial DNA databases which has proved effective in various recent cold case breaks

4) Scaling down the investigation team is both a practical (fewer new tips) and financial (the OT costs are enormous)

5) Meth is a significant problem in this part of the country

What happened?

1A) <modsnip: No MSM to substantiate>

1B) What I like nearly as well is someone known to the family was discovered showing an unhealthy interest in Jayme and acted to stop from being exposed.

2) Various stalker scenarios

3) Some kind of personal money/dispute/other issue toward the parents

After that we drop off in the odds of other scenarios(IMHO).

Random? Why would dad open the door to a stranger? Could have been rushing to investigate I suppose makes the most sense in this scenario. I don't like it much.

The B&E panty snatcher is an odd event. Even though he was cleared, I would have kept him under surveillance for several days after in case he was a lackey.

The truck parking question? Likely not unusual, but what if he parked there because a known vehicle was already in the driveway so that person could easily leave?

My "novel" scenario is that someone who's done similar crimes in the past has been triggered to act again (the similarities to the Short case, for example, are intriguing). A far-fetched, fantastic scenario to be sure.

I do think the person(s) who did this will have a record of at least armed robbery if not murder.

I wish the timeline was more clear. I'm still not 100% sure of when the shots were heard or if they were near the beginning or end of the event.

As far as the wrong house thoughts, maps and addressing is kind of my gig. Hitting the wrong house due to a mapping error is possible and the road naming in that area (and much of Wisconsin and rural USA, tbh) can be confusing. But, in the most likely scenarios, there would be no mistake on the location of the house.

All submitted as IMHO and hope I didn't step on any toes - not my intention, just so many posts.

What a case. I sure hope Jayme is found soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some random thoughts:

1) There are new rapid DNA testing technologies available to LE. I would not be surprised if the FBI or a vendor has made this available in this case if needed

2) Some LE have been using comprehensive, but targeted, court-ordered cell phone location record dumps from Google to ID specific phones in an area at a given time. You still need a suspect, though, generally, to tie the phone information to. If this is being used in this case I'd think they'd keep it very quiet.
(To find suspects, police quietly turn to Google)

3) As mentioned by others, commercial vendors allow comparison of DNA samples to commercial DNA databases which has proved effective in various recent cold case breaks

4) Scaling down the investigation team is both a practical (fewer new tips) and financial (the OT costs are enormous)

5) Meth is a significant problem in this part of the country

What happened?

1A)
<modsnip: No MSM to substantiate>

1B) What I like nearly as well is someone known to the family was discovered showing an unhealthy interest in Jayme and acted to stop from being exposed.

2) Various stalker scenarios

3) Some kind of personal money/dispute/other issue toward the parents

After that we drop off in the odds of other scenarios(IMHO).

Random? Why would dad open the door to a stranger? Could have been rushing to investigate I suppose makes the most sense in this scenario. I don't like it much.

The B&E panty snatcher is an odd event. Even though he was cleared, I would have kept him under surveillance for several days after in case he was a lackey.

The truck parking question? Likely not unusual, but what if he parked there because a known vehicle was already in the driveway so that person could easily leave?

My "novel" scenario is that someone who's done similar crimes in the past has been triggered to act again (the similarities to the Short case, for example, are intriguing). A far-fetched, fantastic scenario to be sure.

I do think the person(s) who did this will have a record of at least armed robbery if not murder.

I wish the timeline was more clear. I'm still not 100% sure of when the shots were heard or if they were near the beginning or end of the event.

As far as the wrong house thoughts, maps and addressing is kind of my gig. Hitting the wrong house due to a mapping error is possible and the road naming in that area (and much of Wisconsin and rural USA, tbh) can be confusing. But, in the most likely scenarios, there would be no mistake on the location of the house.

All submitted as IMHO and hope I didn't step on any toes - not my intention, just so many posts.

What a case. I sure hope Jayme is found soon.

Welcome to WS chili367......and wow! Great first post!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scroll to the last page and post. Look at the bottom. Are you allowing cookies to be saved after clearing browser cache?

Yes, I acc when it first comes up across up art the
Scroll to the last page and post. Look at the bottom. Are you allowing cookies to be saved after clearing browser cache?
my iPad is acting like it is under someone else’s control! It types slow, types what it wants, and if I hit backspace, it goes crazy and erases limes. Any suggestions???

my iPad is acting like it is under someone else’s control! It types slow, types what it wants, and if I hit backspace, it goes crazy and erases limes. Any suggestions???
It probably isn't your IPad. I'm having similar problems. Not erasing lines though, but it's hard to type and then I get a whites page saying the server is down. Maybe its problems with the site

The idea that the father was apparently shot while answering the door/very near the door is a bit perplexing, imo. If a perp was planning a home invasion, it seems odd they would knock on the door – past midnight, apparently – as doing so in a rural area in a gun-friendly state might likely see a resident answer the door while carrying a firearm. Perp doesn’t want that, no sir. So, under the planned home-invasion scenario, a knock at the door seems unlikely.

Still, the father, it would appear, answered or was near the door when he was shot, after -- as reports have seemed to indicate -- the door was either kicked in or shot in. So, why was the father where he was? It’s possible he heard something outside the door (not much stealth involved by the perp, if that was the case) and went to have a look. Maybe the dog barked. I’m dubious about that scenario – just seems a stretch that the kicking in/shooting in of the door would happen right when the dad was approaching.

Seems to me, the most logical (not that logic apply in this case, of course) scenario is that the perp did knock at the door (because he was someone the family knew) and that the father at least went to the door, whether he opened it or not. I can envision the father either looking out a window to see who it was, or simply asking, “Who is it?” And, upon seeing/learning who it was – someone the father didn’t want to speak with in the least – I could envision the dad saying something like, “Get the hell outta here before I call the cops.” Almost immediately afterward, the door is kicked/shot in, w/ the dad right there.

Bottom line: odds are more likely than not that the perp was known to the father.

Last edited:
Same with mine! God help you if you need to backspace, it erases the whole post! Turn on and off plus check if there is an update waiting to be installed, because that will always make my iPad go wonky!

Those don't seem to be working. It certainly does seem logical that they were the same person. But while high probability it isn't certain, and LE hasn't said so. When we're not getting anywhere considering the likely answers, might it be worth considering less likely? Example, person or persons unknown (to us) killed James & Denise. Jayme the track student, RAN, in blind terror. Person or persons unknown (maybe the same, maybe different) picked her up.
I tried considering less likely, less complex, theories opposite of what we have discussed, etc. and all I got was confused and more questions. However, with what little we know, I think considering a different thought pattern isnt a bad idea. I personally dont believe someone besides the killer took her...unless they were someone working with the killer, standing by waiting/hoping she would run, or if one of the parents tried to leave, etc. Ie, the black vehicle pulled in the driveway, the orange one was standing by? I honestly think if she was walking/running and someone picker her up to take her anywhere, it would have just been a ride and they would have reported it by now. My opinions.

True but they know nothing about this person or persons, so they can only ask that the public be aware of Jayme being missing. No description, no gender...just those possible vehicles if they are associated. I do get what you are saying that LE seems focused on Jayme and seldom mentions the murders but it is all one crime.
If we go along the line of they think they know who has Jayme, just not where, then perhaps they're trying *not* to mention "murders" in the hopes of reminding the perps that even if they let her go they'd still be in deep trouble?

I hope this doesn't end up accurate or my faith in humanity is going to be forever ruined!!

Good morning.

I wish a break would come but its also possible they already have potential POIs in mind. They certainly aren't going to release that info to the public rightly so.

I still see some thinking the suspect wouldnt take these high risks if it was just an home invasion or robbery or even if they came to abduct only Jayme.

That thinking puzzles me somewhat and why that is discounted since we continue to see murderers/kidnappers who do take these high risks continuously.

What may seem as too risky for any of us for a certain motive was obviously not too risky for suspects who have taken theses risks. Even plenty of the suspects who weren't known to the victims do the same.

Murder and kidnapping have always been the highest risks yet it never stops anyone from doing just that.

I continue to think all three victims were his intend three targets. The way it was carried out was according to his premeditated plan before even forcing his way into the home.

I still do not know who the suspect is or if they had some kind of relationship with all three or none at all.

Both kind of suspects have committed these same like crimes in the past so both options remain viable for me at this time.

I don't discount any possible motives for that can only become known when the suspect is apprehended.

I do however believe this is only one suspect involved. Sole perpetrators have long been able to carry out murdering multiple victims..and kidnapping others all by themselves. Even murdering more victims and kidnapping more than one.

If the suspect does turnout to be a meth head or meth heads there may be more than one involved. Not because they needed help but because they tend to run in packs.

Imo

When I signed on this morning I had an alert. Apparently I broke some rule but honestly I have no idea what I did and the post is gone so I don't remember what I said. Can someone tell me what this means? Deleted for discussing PMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal