AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have thought this. And that he was shot as they were heading out the door, last. Complete opposite of what we have been thinking.

I haven't discarded that scenario as a possibility, but would think that the dad most likely had a key to the house and therefore wouldn't need to kick in the door. If there was a deadbolt, that'd be another story.

Aliens.

That is really all I have at this point. This is exhausting. I am having the craziest dreams now too from falling asleep with my phone as I read comments on here.

I know we doubt the body in MN is her. But any reason they haven't released any info?? Every body found in WI always comes with gender. This one has absolutely nothing and still... nothing. Kind of odd. Willmar is where the other Jennie-O plant is too. Probably coincidental but my sleepless mind is going everywhere.

I haven't discarded that scenario as a possibility, but would think that the dad most likely had a key to the house and therefore wouldn't need to kick in the door. If there was a deadbolt, that'd be another story.

LOL well... maybe?? You see my husband doesn't have a physical key to our house. Our locks are opened with our phones and the batteries died last week. Good way to keep him out :)

But, he may not have had a key. You would be surprised how many folks leave their doors unlocked in these areas of WI, I am sure not many anymore, but prior to this for sure. So if perp did lock it he may not actually have a key on him and dad would need to bust down the door.

LOL well... maybe?? You see my husband doesn't have a physical key to our house. Our locks are opened with our phones and the batteries died last week. Good way to keep him out :)

But, he may not have had a key. You would be surprised how many folks leave their doors unlocked in these areas of WI, I am sure not many anymore, but prior to this for sure. So if perp did lock it he may not actually have a key on him and dad would need to bust down the door.
True many ppl in rural areas don’t bother locking homes & cars. But if the meth & theft issues in this part of WI are as prevalent as some here on WS have suggested, I can’t imagine locals not locking up tight before bed or leaving.

I have thought this. And that he was shot as they were heading out the door, last. Complete opposite of what we have been thinking.

I think the evidence at the scene shows them he was standing at the shot up door when killed.

Imo they have evidence the shooter was in front of him when he was shot at the front door area.

The trajectory alone of the bullets entering his body or head would easily be seen at the time by the investigators and would tell them where the shooter was standing when he fired.

Imo it shows James was standing in the doorway area inside of his home facing his front door. He would have frontal shots which would propell his body backward and found face up with his feet closest to the door.

I imagine they have no other forced entry in the home other than the breeched front door where he was shot.

Jmo

Last edited:
And Jennie-O??

Jennie-O is listed as a station for the local railroad company. However all the aerial photos I have seen from Google, or the county GIS (which probably uses Google) show that the siding entering the back of Jennie-O no longer provides service to the main tracks. It also shows a single track behind the plant, which would also be odd to call that area a "station." This doesn't mean that they haven't update the tracks recently, though, and the aerials don't show those updates.

Canadian National owns the railway, under the name Wisconsin Central Limited. You can see the whole CN map at the following link. If you zoom into Wisconsin you can find the spur that links Cameron to Poskin, running through Barron & the Jennie-O "station."

CN - Network Map

I think the evidence at the scene shows them he was standing at the shot up door when killed.

Imo they have evidence the shooter was in front of him when he was shot at the front door area.

The trajectory alone of the bullets entering his body or head would easily be seen at the time by the investigators and would tell them where the shooter was standing when he fired.

Imo it shows James was standing in the doorway area inside of his home facing his front door. He would have frontal shots which would propell his body backward and found face up with his feet closest to the door.

I imagine they have no other forced entry in the home other than the breeched front door where he was shot.

Jmo

I think it was determined the door was not shot up? That was a rumor? The door was kicked in.

And I wasn't saying he wasn't shot in the doorway, I'm saying the timing of which it occurred may have been at the end. Maybe dad wasn't dead right away all that time and Denise was shot first and dad got shot on the way out, while he was in the doorway. IMO it is possible. Same positioning, just different order of events.

Jennie-O is listed as a station for the local railroad company. However all the aerial photos I have seen from Google, or the county GIS (which probably uses Google) show that the siding entering the back of Jennie-O no longer provides service to the main tracks. It also shows a single track behind the plant, which would also be odd to call that area a "station." This doesn't mean that they haven't update the tracks recently, though, and the aerials don't show those updates.

Canadian National owns the railway, under the name Wisconsin Central Limited. You can see the whole CN map at the following link. If you zoom into Wisconsin you can find the spur that links Cameron to Poskin, running through Barron & the Jennie-O "station."

CN - Network Map

Hmm. My entire family works for that railroad as engineers and conductors. I'll see if they have any info on tracks being updated in that area!

I think it was determined the door was not shot up? That was a rumor? The door was kicked in.

And I wasn't saying he wasn't shot in the doorway, I'm saying the timing of which it occurred may have been at the end. Maybe dad wasn't dead right away all that time and Denise was shot first and dad got shot on the way out, while he was in the doorway. IMO it is possible. Same positioning, just different order of events.

I understand but didn't LE say he was shot answering his door?

If he was trying to escape running out of his door then the police would see he had gunshot wounds in the back torso or head area.

I think they found frontal gunshots and that is why they said he was answering the door.

I think James was shot and died exactly where he was found dead.

Jmo of course.

True many ppl in rural areas don’t bother locking homes & cars. But if the meth & theft issues in this part of WI are as prevalent as some here on WS have suggested, I can’t imagine locals not locking up tight before bed or leaving.

If only that would be enough to make them lock up. I moved from Hartford, WI. The heroin problem in that county was unreal. You wouldn't believe how many times LE had to stress that people need to lock up their homes and vehicles. Born and raised locals often live with the "can't happen to me" naivety. It is difficult to get people to change their ways and often problems are looked at as caused by the "city folk" or "transplants" to the area. They figure if they don't run with that crowd they are safe.

My biggest concern with this case at this point is complacency. I think the sheriff will be dedicated to seeing this through. But he can’t do it without prolonged interest and help, and tips are running out. Parents typically keep these desperate searches front and center in people’s minds- for as long as it takes. I fear the community won’t fight for Jayme as persistently as Denise & James would have. I hope this town continues to rally for her, check in with LE & media, and persist relentlessly for truth & justice for the long haul. Not criticizing the community. At some point people need to move on, with or without resolution. I just hate thinking about the fact that sometimes we never get answers and that this may become one of those cases. I hope not.

I understand but didn't LE say he was shot answering his door?

If he was trying to escape running out of his door then the police would see he had gunshot wounds in the back torso or head area.

I think they found frontal gunshots and that is why they said he was answering the door.

I think James was shot and died exactly where he was found dead.

Jmo of course.

Not that James was trying to escape, that he was going after the perp and Jayme as they were leaving the house. The perp could have shot him as he was leaving, with James in the doorway.

I don't think the police actually KNOW James answered the door. It just appears, because he was in the door, that he answered it. Unless someone was witness to this.

If this was just about an obsession with Jayme, there would've been infinite other scenarios that a perp could've gotten her without also killing two people. Makes me think that he/she/they felt they were "rescuing" her by waiting until a time of evening where the presence of both parents would not have been in doubt.

JMO.

Or he thought/knew he was know to the parents and had to silence them to have a chance to get away with this.

Not that James was trying to escape, that he was going after the perp and Jayme as they were leaving the house. The perp could have shot him as he was leaving, with James in the doorway.

I don't think the police actually KNOW James answered the door. It just appears, because he was in the door, that he answered it. Unless someone was witness to this.

I think we can all agree that "someone was witness to this."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members