AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very similar thing happened to a friend's teenage son a few years ago; he was catfished by what he believed to be a very pretty girl his age on one of those video chat sites popular with teens (never visited one - sounds like my personal hell - but my understanding is that it randomly FaceTime connects you with a person to talk to). The talk heated up at some point and she asked him to move it to another platform and do some spicy type things, he complied and said she was real and doing spicy things, also.

Shortly thereafter, he received a message with names of his friends and relatives, and was asked what they'd think about what he just did. They told him he was about to find out if he didn't pay $500 via Western Union; they'd secretly recorded it all and said if he didn't pay, they'd upload it to his SM accounts. At that point, he was panicking and came clean to his mom and she had him disable all accounts and called the police.

Scammers and predators are smart and technology does seem to be their new playground. Law enforcement has to get smarter every day just to keep up with them and in some cybercrime cases, have even enlisted the criminals to leave the dark side and help teach law enforcement the tricks and tips they used to commit crimes, so law enforcement can improve. I think this is a brilliant move for certain crimes. I just hope there's a digital trail in this case.

The person I referred to regarding the blackmail on the computer firstly came just for advice and wasn’t particularly perturbed by the whole incident and just wanted to know how the criminals had done it so that it wouldn’t happen again.

It was for exactly this example detailed by you , that I coerced him into officially reporting it as if he didn’t then we couldn’t try to stop these evil people BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY was the fact that although he wasn’t bothered by it particularly, I explained that it could be a youth in that situation and because of fear, anxiety about telling parents etc that this has happened, may try to do something stupid to raise the money like ‘Robbery of a bank ‘ and end up in prison for many years, future ruined OR even worse, through sheer panic about what to do and shame that they personally feel ( although there’s no reason to but the young brain cannot always think as rationally as an adult as it’s not yet developed sufficiently) they commit suicide ( which sadly , has happened).

So well done to your friends child for speaking out even though the last thing he probably wanted to do was tell his parents.

Another reason why we need to ensure that we can discuss problems with our children and make them feel comfortable in coming to us no matter what they have done.

I tell my children that they should always come and tell me, no matter what as I cannot help if I don’t know and even if it’s really bad and I may feel disappointed in them, I will always love them and help them in anyway I can to put things right and do the right thing.

This is way out in outer space and I can only think of one time it happened and the circumstances were not similar. I am just throwing it out there because the thought came to me for a brief second. Jayme is portrayed as a compassionate girl (school essay give to the poor feed the hungry). Also quiet (not intimidating or a threat). One in a million chance her demeanor or even spoken words made a difference in her outcome? Just a fleeting thought not even an opinion so can't say JMO.
Can you please elaborate a bit more as I’m not following you

There is no indication that the septic tank was opened or pumped. I am pretty confident in saying that with all of the media around they would have noted such activity, reported on it, and asked the Sheriff about it. So, if it is the case that the septic tank was not opened or pumped it suggests that law enforcement does not believe that anything of investigative value would be discovered by doing so.

Regarding Septic tanks, there was an author and her dog, found in a Septic tank.
The case was on websleuths.
The author's partner was found Guilty: for money!

Also this one:

NOV 1, 2018
Search for Jayme Closs Enters New Phase
Snipped by me

According to the sheriff, the leads that remain center on the two vehicles of interest. The first vehicle is likely a red or orange 2008 to 2014 Dodge Challenger. The second vehicle is either a 2006 to 2010 Ford Edge or a 2004 to 2010 Acura MDX, both black.

The vehicles were seen by security cameras near the Closs home on the night of the incident.

To drive a car as noticeable as a red orange Challenger to a crime of this magnitude, would suggest this perp was either stupid or confident in what he was doing. IMO.

It would seem that LE should have been able to track any of these cars down that are in a close proximity. Three of these cars have appeared in my path in a week. I am down South so don’t suspect they are involved.

There is no indication that the septic tank was opened or pumped. I am pretty confident in saying that with all of the media around they would have noted such activity, reported on it, and asked the Sheriff about it. So, if it is the case that the septic tank was not opened or pumped it suggests that law enforcement does not believe that anything of investigative value would be discovered by doing so.
I think if they did not I suggest it may have been overlooked

At 0:19 is one of the angles of the house that shows what could be a bullet hole in the window. It is the 2nd window to the right of the door. I've seen this on a few close ups of the house but cannot really tell

Wait -- LE released the 911 call made in this case ?

Haven't listened to it yet... has anyone had time to listen and clear up the background noise ?

I've been posting that LE needs to release more information before this case goes cold.
LE have also not indicated that Jayme is deceased... so if they want to locate an alive Jayme-- they need to release more information.

Wait -- LE released the 911 call made in this case ?

Haven't listened to it yet... has anyone had time to listen and clear up the background noise ?

I've been posting that LE needs to release more information before this case goes cold.
LE have also not indicated that Jayme is deceased... so if they want to locate an alive Jayme-- they need to release more information.

This is an older video. I believe they are saying they released the 911 log, not the actual recording

I personally dont believe someone besides the killer took her...unless they were someone working with the killer, standing by waiting/hoping she would run, or if one of the parents tried to leave, etc. Ie, the black vehicle pulled in the driveway, the orange one was standing by? I honestly think if she was walking/running and someone picker her up to take her anywhere, it would have just been a ride and they would have reported it by now. My opinions.

I think a 2nd perp posing as help is a possibility that can't be dismissed. Honestly at this point I don't think any possibilities can be dismissed.

But, what if, like Pretty Go Pale suggested, it was someone known to the father... in fact someone seen as an authority figure. A teacher, a family member, a member of law enforcement or someone posing as law enforcement. Would that be a situation where a friendly stranger might have picked her up, but be afraid to return her?

Wishful thinking I know, but anyone other than the killer picking her up, gives her the best chance of being alive now.

Was the septic tank opened or pumped and checked for evidence or does anybody think there is no reason to check?
If I'm not mistaken that would lead us to somebody very familiar with the property and Septic Tank. Somebody I know had to have his pumped and it took him quite a while to find it for the Honey Dipper. The HD would have found it himself for a small fee of $100. So it sounds a bit..complicated.

Still fixated on the violent entry so I decided to analyze.

How many kicks (shoe prints) were used? If one is the answer, the killer knew how to properly kick in a door and where to kick. It takes sort of a leg lunge with one leg toward the door near the lock.

The height of a lock for most doors is about two feet, eight inches (or higher), plus remember the door bottom is the same level as the inside floor, about another 8 inches higher than the ground/walk where the killer would be standing. This means the person kicking the door at the correct place and the correct level would need to kick with great force higher than three feet or more from where he was standing. IMO the person would probably be in good physical shape and agile.

So, if the door was one kick to open, who is trained to do this? Ex or current military, SWAT, federal agents, fire-fighters, martial arts. Not your average burglar.

I think a 2nd perp posing as help is a possibility that can't be dismissed. Honestly at this point I don't think any possibilities can be dismissed.

But, what if, like Pretty Go Pale suggested, it was someone known to the father... in fact someone seen as an authority figure. A teacher, a family member, a member of law enforcement or someone posing as law enforcement. Would that be a situation where a friendly stranger might have picked her up, but be afraid to return her?

Wishful thinking I know, but anyone other than the killer picking her up, gives her the best chance of being alive now.
I thought about a friendly stranger, but wouldnt be able to elaborate beyond that. But at this point hiding her for any reason is an illegal situation and a whole new matter. Agree, wishful thinking, but I wish and hope and pray every day for this little girl.

If I'm not mistaken that would lead us to somebody very familiar with the property and Septic Tank. Somebody I know had to have his pumped and it took him quite a while to find it for the Honey Dipper. The HD would have found it himself for a small fee of $100. So it sounds a bit..complicated.
I think the OP you quoted wondered if LE had the septic tank pumped to look for items with DNA from a perp..ie a condom.

Still fixated on the violent entry so I decided to analyze.

How many kicks (shoe prints) were used? If one is the answer, the killer knew how to properly kick in a door and where to kick. It takes sort of a leg lunge with one leg toward the door near the lock.

The height of a lock for most doors is about two feet, eight inches (or higher), plus remember the door bottom is the same level as the inside floor, about another 8 inches higher than the ground/walk where the killer would be standing. This means the person kicking the door at the correct place and the correct level would need to kick with great force higher than three feet or more from where he was standing. IMO the person would probably be in good physical shape and agile.

So, if the door was one kick to open, who is trained to do this? Ex or current military, SWAT, federal agents, fire-fighters, martial arts. Not your average burglar.
Good point. But I've also seen in movies where someone crunches their arms up against their body and uses the full force of their body to try to break a door. Since we have very little facts to go on here, we're all spinning our wheels about what they found, unfortunately. It's maddening! Maybe the door had some weakness to begin with and not that much force was needed. If only we knew more...

I think the OP you quoted wondered if LE had the septic tank pumped to look for items with DNA from a perp..ie a condom.

Indeed-just throwing in the human element here....our industry cannot get young folk to become plumbers...and they cannot get anyone to become "drain cleaners" ...now imagine trying to talk anyone into becoming a septic tank pumper.....its a well paying dirty job....so why not apply those facts to the guys and gals in LE. If it even was suggested ...it could have been shot down due to " who the f.. wants to look in there?" screw that...just like the rest of society looks on the job. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member