AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why LE has not released a profile of the killer
Probably because this is such an unusual crime.

A profile is built upon what is learned from prior cases. Crimes like this just don’t happen with any regularity, and the motive, atleast to us, is not absolutely clear here.

Perhaps the crime scene can help them to build a profile at some point down the road.

I wonder why LE has not released a profile of the killer

They released the standard generic one used in other cases early on.

They have not released a more specific profile imo because they have no idea, despite their really hard work and best efforts on this case. JMO. MOO.

Again this is not to say that they won’t release a more detailed profile in the future or that something won’t break. Hoping it does.

Last edited:
M
Very good insight, Falcon. Thank you for that. Building off of this, do you think it's possible they'll release more facts about the circumstantial evidence we do have? I can't see how it could jeopardize a conviction to tell us, for example, the facts surrounding how the car(s) of interest became such.

No. And since I am not an attorney I don’t know every thought on keeping things close to the vest.

But common sense tells me to apply everything I learned in my political career.

As smart as one believes themselves to be, regarding any issue or procedure, there are 5 people out there smarter than you determined to have their way with your idea/project.

And pray tell I’ve run into some very intelligent people.

Not everyone an attorney, but I have been taught some substantial lessons while trying to put together budgets, pass a new law, and astonishingly even when trying to update some very old ones.

The tentacles reached very far and deep. Christmas eve murder, rape, threats, ruling of accidental shooting found to murder, gang activity, etc etc. The trial is on youtube BTW if your interested. Can't go into it as it's a different case (against TOS) but so much uncovered.

Yes I remember. I was moving out of AK at the time. And I can’t comment on anything I knew through my work. Suffice it to say you’re pretty accurate.

We didn’t have many of those issues until the late 1990s. And I remember the first indicator. A kid walked into a convince store wearing the wrong “colors” and was killed. IIRC that was our gang wake up call.

The public would be shocked and maybe much more involved with kids if they realized the amount of money it costs to investigate, prosecute and incarcerate violent criminals.

Those funds could be better utilized for keeping people in need fed, housed and educated. Instead we are paying billions to keep evil caged.

The tentacles reached very far and deep. Christmas eve murder, rape, threats, ruling of accidental shooting found to murder, gang activity, etc etc. The trial is on youtube BTW if your interested. Can't go into it as it's a different case (against TOS) but so much uncovered.
What do I type into you tube - the victim surname?

I literally just woke up and have not had coffee yet but had to come here to see if Jayme had been found. When I say I had a dream, I can just hear the collective groans from all of you. At least that has been my reaction in the past when someone would post or say that.

BUT, it was so surreal. I was standing talking with a man in a knit cap and he was saying no one would have ever thought she would be found less than a football field from home. We were looking down a tree line. The almost evil look on his face startled me and I ran toward a group of people I had been with searching for Jayme. Then I jerked awake and was as alert as if I'd had an entire pot of coffee.

I joined WS in 2008 and have never dreamed about a victim in any case I've followed and I have followed probably thousands. This was just so realistic and I can still 'see' this man's face in my mind.

Now I'm going to go make and have my first cup of coffee this morning and then catch up here. I so wish Jayme really had been found...............just not the way it was in my dream.

JMO

How are the persons involved normally listed on a police dispatch?
In this case, if you start from the bottom up it starts with James who was the first one found, Denise (found second), Denise's brother, Jayme, the two girls who were driving by and then the aunt who took the dog.
Just curious why Denise's brother is listed before Jayme and why Jayme is not listed as a victim?

Above scenario, another crime by someone else, would complicate things greatly for all these to be solved.

So 3 possibilities are still out there: that she was
- taken by perp who murdered her parents
- she is in woods/sheds/her hidding spots nearby unfortunately deceased ...
- picked up from road by different person (not related to murders)

Just to add: above are not the facts but possibilities which can't be excluded yet on facts we know so far.

(There is saying - do not get tunnel vision and do not concentrate only on one way too early). For me, it is still too early to exclude any of the options.

I'll add a faint fourth possibility. She ran to someone that she knows, who is hiding her at her request. If the killer(s) were someone known and trusted, or someone that she saw as being in an authority position, she might be terrified that no one would believe her if she went back. That might also be the case if the murders were based on something she and/or the parents knew (like finding out someone was a drug dealer.)

The 'why', the motive, is what is so puzzling to me. I think it is almost obvious that if the killer or killers wanted one or both of the parents killed, for whatever reason, they would have killed Jayme as well. That they killed the parents and took Jayme almost makes me think she was the objective. (Of course, we also have a case like the Freeman/Bible case in OK where the father was the target and the mother was killed because she was a witness. The two girls were almost an after thought to take them rather than kill them at the scene.)

So if Jayme is the target, why take her? I almost rule out trafficking as those criminals do not like high profile victims as they attract too much attention. If they use her as a prostitute there is too great a chance someone would recognize her. Of course, that is not to say there is a small chance someone tried that and might have tried to sell her to traffickers only to learn they would not want a high profile person who could jeopardize their entire operation. I lean toward someone with an obsession for her, sexually.

Outside of that....revenge. Maybe some slight - real or perceived - on her part. They take her for that reason. (I hate to think how that scenario turns out.) I don't give this one a high or even moderate possibility. If so, I see a chance of someone bragging now or in the future.

Another is she saw or heard something and the killer(s) want to know who she told and what she knows. And they want to take their time with that thing. (Again, I don't like to think about how this one turns out.) Or by mistake - the killer(s) mistook her for someone else or they mistakenly thought she knew something. I give this scenario only the very slightest of possibilities.

In that small a community, I would think someone heard something said - either by Jayme or someone else - that can lead somewhere.

I'll add a faint fourth possibility. She ran to someone that she knows, who is hiding her at her request. If the killer(s) were someone known and trusted, or someone that she saw as being in an authority position, she might be terrified that no one would believe her if she went back. That might also be the case if the murders were based on something she and/or the parents knew (like finding out someone was a drug dealer.)

And there is another scenario. I like it because it would mean she is still alive. But I don't give it a high probability.

BARRON, Wis.—Wisconsin authorities are scaling back their ground search for a missing 13-year-old girl whose parents were shot dead, saying Wednesday that their investigation into Jayme Closs' abduction is entering a new phase.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said in a Facebook post that the search for Jayme remains his number one priority and authorities will continue to analyze new leads.

But he said incoming tips have declined, so authorities are transitioning from a round-the-clock reactive operation to a more methodical investigative approach.

"I want to reassure the great residents of Barron County and everyone else across the nation who continue to support and follow this case that we have left no stone unturned," Fitzgerald said.

Ground search for missing Wisconsin girl scaled back

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says the search for missing teenager Jayme Closs is still his No. 1 priority, but a drop-off in the number of tips is leading to a more methodical approach.

The 13-year-old Closs has been missing since the bodies of her parents were discovered Oct. 15. The girl has been ruled out as a suspect and it is believed she was abducted. Fitzgerald says authorities have received more than 2,100 tips from the public.

Wisconsin roundup: Tips slow down, ground search for Closs scaled...

Can go either way. Cities people usually don't have well or septic. Country is almost always wells and septic, but depends on how far from town you live. I live in a weird area not far outside of town. I have city water (no well) but a septic.

There's a Barron city water waste department. I'd wager that house is on city water/sewer.

Yes I remember. I was moving out of AK at the time. And I can’t comment on anything I knew through my work. Suffice it to say you’re pretty accurate.

We didn’t have many of those issues until the late 1990s. And I remember the first indicator. A kid walked into a convince store wearing the wrong “colors” and was killed. IIRC that was our gang wake up call.

The public would be shocked and maybe much more involved with kids if they realized the amount of money it costs to investigate, prosecute and incarcerate violent criminals.

Those funds could be better utilized for keeping people in need fed, housed and educated. Instead we are paying billions to keep evil caged.
All very sad. Watching the trial gives good info on LE's use of SM. I believe each day is almost 2 hours long and if I recall correctly there are 7 days.

Cruel Doubt Chris Pri

Thinking it must be really bad, like child *advertiser censored*, with all the sex offenders around. So disgusting. If it was a drug bust they probably would said so.
To clarify my part of the comment, I was responding to the previous posters reference to the "serious crime" and am not sure the arrest I know of is that arrest. If it is it was drug related (meth).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockDuck