AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
. We must have been looking at shotgun vs doors at the same time. ..

The stuff nightmare are made of. I'm a firearms instructor (basic safety) and a rifle(wo)man, but I had no idea the extent of this practice and availability of online "technique" videos.

I found them on youtube a couple days ago after searching for shot-shell (slugs) ammunition. One type was referred to as "door breach" so I did a youtube search. Now it has me wondering... thinking about tactical shotguns, video games, military/LE training, movies, etc.; also the report of door possibly being shot and the neighbor saying they heard two shots.

I don't know what to think now.

I remember a case where an adult son came into his parents house in the night and shot them with a shotgun. The mother was shot in the face but was (surprisingly to the responding officers) still alive. They said they couldn't even put an oxygen mask on her because they didn't know where her mouth was. She managed to say her son shot them but after the surgeries and recovery she had no memory and denied that he was involved.
You're thinking of the Chris Porco case. He used an axe and was convicted. In my neck of the woods, so to speak.
Memory of Murder

I’m so glad you were smart and kind enough to be the voice of reason for your friend! I’m also glad he has the self-confidence to know life happens, mistakes are made and the news rolls on (even if it seems like it’s the type of hot tea folks won’t forget; they always do).

And I tell my daughter the same, but she’s at the age where she hasn’t had to see my mama tiger in action yet and wonders if the words “Always tell me everything, I just love you more than my life and want to help,” are lip service or a trap. I’m lucky, she’s young and we haven’t had to QC it yet but I’ve promised myself I’ll be cool, no matter what she ever discloses. Her safety comes first before everything, even my life.
You’re obviously a great (tiger )mom . But my kids are 12 ( twins ) and I’ve told them about this ( obv a child sanitised version ) so that they know what can happen in the big sometimes bad world . In fact I used the example similar to the situation that our fellow WS spoke of re her friends son getting himself into a vulnerable situation shall we say. At the time, I adapted my friends version into something along the lines of that, before our fellow WS told us of it as I’ve heard of that happening before too! It never hurts in my opinion to lightly shock them in advance as to what they could face , so that forewarned is forearmed.

Interesting car chase today involving a Dodge Challenger (color unknown):
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - A suspect is in custody after a chase from Illinois to Missouri on Friday, Nov. 2.

According to Sgt. Schmidt with the Cape Girardeau Police Department, police were notified of a pursuit by the Alexander County Sheriff’s Office at 8:44 p.m.

A McClure marshal was chasing a Dodge Challenger on Route 146 and the pursuit continued across the bridge into Cape Girardeau to Frederick and Spanish Streets.

The suspect dumped the car in an alley and was taken into custody.
Police chase suspect from Alexander Co. to Cape Girardeau

Probably unrelated...

Ashton Sachs- killed both of his parents in their sleep and paralyzed his 8 year old brother. He was 19 at the time.
I also remember grandparents being killed in bed and a small boy running a mile to preschool to report his grandparents were "melting"
I'll look for link.
I'm leaning towards extended family memeber/friend of the family?
Hopefully their intentions were to keep Jayme safe, regardless of whether there really was a reason or not.
Mental illness?
Calif. man admits killing parents as they slept; paralyzing brother, 8

Someone out there knows what happened and why. There is probably more than one person who knows something. And no one will say anything. It frustrates me, that crimes against children could be solved, if someone who suspects something, just came forward.
Co workers, family, social group, classmate, friend of a friend, housemate.

Co workers, family, social group, classmate, friend of a friend, housemate.
I would luv to hear Jayme's aunt/caretaker's perspective! I expect she would know a great deal about the personal life of Jayme and family. I'm curious as to what her theories might be about this horrific happening!

Last edited:
The stuff nightmare are made of. I'm a firearms instructor (basic safety) and a rifle(wo)man, but I had no idea the extent of this practice and availability of online "technique" videos.

I found them on youtube a couple days ago after searching for shot-shell (slugs) ammunition. One type was referred to as "door breach" so I did a youtube search. Now it has me wondering... thinking about tactical shotguns, video games, military/LE training, movies, etc.; also the report of door possibly being shot and the neighbor saying they heard two shots.

I don't know what to think now.

Video games! Why didn't I think of that one! Kids mimic those video games on the highway all the time! Racing sports are 100 mph.
Somebody doing that at the Close home? Imitating one of those Ninjas?

I would luv to hear Jayme's aunt/caretaker's perspective! I expect she would know a great deal about the personal life of Jayme and family. I'm curious as to what her theories might be about this horrific happening!

Me too...one of the closest people to Jayme and we haven’t heard from her? Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne