AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been wracking my brain, trying to figure how not only one (quite distinctive muscle car, but another regular everyday car) could disappear so quick.
Here's what I have so far.
1: maybe hiden in an auto body shop.
2: could be someone with a garage, and under the table business, car painting, detailing, soupING up,or moding type thing.
3: the cars are hidden in a storage unit.
4: it could be a car hobbyist, collector, with multi car garage.
5. Submerged.
6. Covered by trees/ woods.
7. Demolished
8. Burned
9. Junkyard/ Scrapyard
10. Smuggled over border
11. Shipping Container
12. Buried?
13. Stored on remote property/farm, etc.

Last edited:
I think it is so bizarre because of the lack of facts we have there are just endless possibilities and there lies all the differing scenarios. But, I would like to believe that once the facts start to come to light then a lot of the weirdness will subside and the case will be more normal and in focus just like most others once the facts are known. But right now so much is just pure speculation because of virtually so few facts. MOO

Couldn't agree with you more. And I believe some possibilities aren't even being discussed here because they either violate the rules of this forum, or posters find them insensitive. Which is fine. Eventually we'll be privy to more facts and things will hopefully start to make sense then.

DO NOT POST RANDOM VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE AND SAY THEY ARE CONNECTED TO JAYME'S CASE.

This is why we have to make sure everything is verified.

Law Enforcement has not released the 911 call period. If the call is leaked you would hear about it. It would be huge.

Thank you,
Tricia

What incident?

I pointed out the Oct 24th report from link below about the two arrested for threatening a witness with a fake gun on the 16th. I was making the point that some here have discussed the possibility of the Closs's possibly being witness to something. They obviously did not witness the 16th incident, thats not what I meant. Possibly being witnesses also, and being killed for it, is what I meant...as has been a theory herein.

The local newspaper’s “police beat” gives a good idea of what is happening there.
2 articles from August 15, 2018 are interesting, IMO.

And I’m not talking about the article about the guy who likes ladies’ clothes. It’s the other 2 articles on the 15th...
Police Beat
JMO

You would be surprised. On Wednesday I attended a briefing on a 40 year old cold case at a 1200 member department on the east coast. Not one officer/detectives had ever heard of this case.

Don’t assume that the details of every notorious case filters down to the worker .
Hey Falcon500,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to answer our questions and help us understand police procedure.

Thanks again @Falcon500

Tricia

The local newspaper’s “police beat” gives a good idea of what is happening there.
2 articles from August 15, 2018 are interesting, IMO.

And I’m not talking about the article about the guy who likes ladies’ clothes. It’s the other 2 articles on the 15th...
Police Beat
JMO

Reiterating the apparent meth problem there, from Oct.10th:

“Man with two knives faces meth possession charge
Oct 10, 2018
The report of a man “walking around Rice Lake with a large knife (and) scaring people” has resulted in a felony methamphetamine possession charge, according to a complaint filed Monday, Oct. 8, 2018, in Barron County Circuit Court.“

Not seeing anything from the 15th?

Seeing some other interesting stuff though. Thanks for the link.

Hello y’all- not new to WS but new to the case! Trying to read and catch up but figured it would be easier to ask a few questions than go completely back to square 1-

I keep hearing of a caregiver ? Who needed a caregiver ?

I read jayme’s aunt was the caregiver ? Was this mom’s sister or dads ?

Was jayme the only child ?

Also, I read about the man that worked at the same company the Closs’s worked at, being caught stealing Jayme’s underwear and some clothing after the murders ? I have a hard time believing this sicko isn’t somehow involved !

Thanks in advance for some info

Tough questions.
She was called a “caretaker” which seems strange to me. Did she have legal custody?
<modsnip - sleuthing family>
They likely worked odd hours and aunt would pick her up at school and get her to sports/dance, etc.
It is possible there was more to it, she may have been an advocate for her of some kind?
She could have had temporary custody, or they were just using her address so she could stay at a preferred school and would be bussed to aunt’s home afterward.
Re: Only Child
Unknown. Dad was 56. He had a previous marriage that ended in 1998. No other children mentioned in obituary.
Not much said about James other than love of football.
Source: Public Records

Last edited by a moderator:
*Speculation only*
Even less risky if only the Challenger was stolen and dumped and the SUV was borrowed from a parent or something... Person with Jayme in a stolen Challenger takes the most risk until they have her safely stashed away somewhere, but once they get rid of that car and drive off in their own vehicle they can make up any tale they want about where they were and what they were doing-- they are each other's alibi. I'm trying to maintain hope but if more than one person is involved it seems very unlikely to me that Jayme would still be alive. The only potential upside to more than one perp is that it is harder for 2 people to keep a secret for very long. JMO.
*Speculation only*

ETA: Clearly marking above as speculation to avoid confusion. We don't know if their were two perps or if the cars were their own or stolen or where those cars are now....
(Flashback of Tim Bosma’s case, his truck was stored in the perp’s mom’s garage.)

Been wracking my brain, trying to figure how not only one (quite distinctive muscle car, but another regular everyday car) could disappear so quick.
Here's what I have so far.
1: maybe hiden in an auto body shop.
2: could be someone with a garage, and under the table business, car painting, detailing, soupING up,or moding type thing.
3: the cars are hidden in a storage unit.
4: it could be a car hobbyist, collector, with multi car garage.
Perhaps it's hidden in plain sight, in a parking lot where it usually is, not causing a stir.

Over the last week thinking about Jayme, I can't help but think of the novel by Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones.

It is the story of a teenage girl who, after being raped and murdered, watches from her personal Heaven as her family and friends struggle to move on with their lives while she comes to terms with her own death.
I read that book too.
Here, if Jayme is alive, let us hope, as in other cases, somehow she is found.
As with others, the Perpetrator becomes over confident, and makes huge errors: as in taking the victim to Dennys, in a previous case!!!!
MOO.

Sometimes I wonder why I come here. It's a heck of a way to stay depressed. So much cruelty in this world.

Most WS veterans experience that feeling from time to time. I manage my hopelessness by reminding myself that archiving these cases serves a purpose. And when I can't focus on that, I work on UIDs. Always something to do to stay busy around here, you just have to find ways to create an emotionally safe balance.

Tough questions.
She was called a “caretaker” which seems strange to me. Did she have legal custody?
Denise’s brother was a foster parent, so you would think they would be particular about titles like that (guardian, etc.)
They likely worked odd hours and aunt would pick her up at school and get her to sports/dance, etc.
It is possible there was more to it, she may have been an advocate for her of some kind?
She could have had temporary custody, or they were just using her address so she could stay at a preferred school and would be bussed to aunt’s home afterward.
Re: Only Child
Unknown. Dad was 56. He had a previous marriage that ended in 1998. No other children mentioned in obituary.
Not much said about James other than love of football.
Source: Public Records
Maybe the sherriff referred to her as the caretaker because he thought the term baby sitter was not appropriate for Jayme's age. Or he did not want to reveal the name of a family member. I don't think it has anything to do with custody. If both parents did not have custody we would have known by now. Jmo

Maybe the sherriff referred to her as the caretaker because he thought the term baby sitter was not appropriate for Jayme's age. Or he did not want to reveal the name of a family member. I don't think it has anything to do with custody. If both parents did not have custody we would have known by now. Jmo
Could she have been adopted? Were there baby photos of her on facebook? Just trying to rule out other things.

Most WS veterans experience that feeling from time to time. I manage my hopelessness by reminding myself that archiving these cases serves a purpose. And when I can't focus on that, I work on UIDs. Always something to do to stay busy around here, you just have to find ways to create an emotionally safe balance.

“I manage my hopelessness by reminding myself that archiving these cases serves a purpose.”

That’s exaaaactly the way I think about it, Mountain Kat!!

If she was forced out, no coat. Planned ahead or killer that cared about her welfare ====> wore coat.
Right and I suspect her coat or jacket was left behind. If LE thought she was wearing something like that I would think they would have included that in the description, as they do with every missing persons case. This tells me they have no idea of what she was wearing. She was likely in her pajamas that late at night. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog