AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
181022-jayme-closs-horizontal.jpg

That is interesting. Sometimes people will use the address of someone else in order to establish residency so their child can attend a better school. That may be all it is.

Thanks, Jabarn! :)
Agreed. The caregiver's address may have been used simply for school enrollment purposes. Sometimes, though, parents transfer their kids to different schools b/c their child is exhibiting poor academic performance and/or problem behaviors which the parents attribute to negative peer influences. Hopefully, LE is interviewing school officials and JC's close friends at both her current/former school. IMO, it's possible that the aunt's move to a new area was not the sole reason that JC transferred schools.

Another idea that I haven’t seen mentioned.

With caretaker aunt moving, Jayme changing schools, is it correct to assume that Jayme went to aunt’s house after school? The aunt did not keep Jayme at the Closs house.

So, since parents worked shift work it might be that Jayme spent nights at caretaker’s house as needed.

Could the perp(s) have been after one of the parents and knowing Jayme spent some nights away from the home, thought she wasn’t home that night?

Maybe the sherriff referred to her as the caretaker because he thought the term baby sitter was not appropriate for Jayme's age. Or he did not want to reveal the name of a family member. I don't think it has anything to do with custody. If both parents did not have custody we would have known by now. Jmo

All through school my mom and daddy worked. My aunt lived close to us and I would stay with her during the summers and after school until I turned 16. I loved spending time at her home.

We always remained extemely close all through my life until she passed away at the age of 92.

I pray Jayme also has that same opportunity.

When my mom died at the age of 57 from cancer my aunt was more like a mother to me.

Looking back on abduction cases listed on Wikipedia over the past several decades, three motives stand out to me. The first is the abductee was taken for a ransom. The second is a revenge. The third is the victim was abducted because they were physically attractive to the abductor.

The reason I am not focusing so much on the killing of the parents is looking at motive for why Jayme was kidnapped.

Last edited:

With caretaker aunt moving, Jayme changing schools, is it correct to assume that Jayme went to aunt’s house after school? The aunt did not keep Jayme at the Closs house.

So, since parents worked shift work it might be that Jayme spent nights at caretaker’s house as needed.

Could the perp(s) have been after one of the parents and knowing Jayme spent some nights away from the home, thought she wasn’t home that night?

Since we haven’t been privy to information regarding the parents’ work shifts, that could makes sense. The school bus could pick her up, too, since she might have been picked up at her aunt’s house, which would be in the school’s zone. We just don’t know, but is certainly worth thinking about.

Last edited:
Wisconsin has what is called Open Enrollment and you can apply to attend school in a different district than the one you live in. So you can, in fact, apply to attend a school in a different school district. There are limits, of course, such as the number of non-resident students the district can take in.

Open Enrollment - General Information
Our state has open enrollment as well but each school makes a decision whether or not to participate. The choose of open enrollment came down to the district finances. The schools that didn't participate are highly desirable (sports recognition and college opportunities were a big reason but also other factors). People began using false addresses and that brought stricter verification but those with relatives in the district were allowing their addresses to be used because it took open enrollment approval out of the equation.

Very possible. I had not thought of that.
If there were cousins at the aunts, she might have preferred to be there whenever possible.
I HATED being an only child. I STILL do!!!!
Moo

Didn't the neighbors say they saw her getting off the bus?

I believe in one of the earlier threads we discovered that an aunt moved from a different town to barron... assuming that Jayme went to school in tht town and aunt might have picked her up and drove her home later when momor dad got off work? then said aunt moved to barron iirc early in 208 - jayme move school and thus now the neighbor saw her using the school bus ? <modsnip - sleuthing family> jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted to post side by side pics of Jayme & her mom, Denise but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. My post #921 is Jayme's school pic.
There's a pic of Denise in a white T shirt with flowers on the front. She's wearing a large necklace. It's one of the more frequently shared photos in msm.
I can't get over just how much Jayme looks like a younger version of her mom....????

Yes, it's a bit of a mystery! Maybe because a piece of food would be more likely to have DNA than just a wrapper?
That's how they caught that other killer that held mom, dad and son for hours. Collected $44,000 and ordered Domino's pizza. He left half eaten pieces of pizza and that's where they found the DNA. That was interesting to find out. Savvas Savopoulos and family if anybody wants the name.

Thanks, Jabarn! :)
Agreed. The caregiver's address may have been used simply for school enrollment purposes. Sometimes, though, parents transfer their kids to different schools b/c their child is exhibiting poor academic performance and/or problem behaviors which the parents attribute to negative peer influences. Hopefully, LE is interviewing school officials and JC's close friends at both her current/former school. IMO, it's possible that the aunt's move to a new area was not the sole reason that JC transferred schools.

While she may have had some problems at her previous middle school, nothing evidentiary wise has been brought up to substantiate it in the media. She may very well have had some issues in her previous school, and hopefully that is being investigated.

Thanks for your thoughtful post, GordionKnot. It is another avenue for thought in a case where every thing else turns up a dead lead.

Highly possible and something I haven't thought about. Sadly, I just can't figure out why they would take her. Other than reasons I don't want to think about :(

Wanted to post side by side pics of Jayme & her mom, Denise but can't for the life of me figure out how to do it. My post #921 is Jayme's school pic.
There's a pic of Denise in a white T shirt with flowers on the front. She's wearing a large necklace. It's one of the more frequently shared photos in msm.
I can't get over just how much Jayme looks like a younger version of her mom....????
2-missing.jpg

th

Jayme, a child who came late in her parents lives, had to be the apple of their eye. Best I could do in the picture dept.

Thanks for link. I have reached limit apparently. Grandma said Jayme gave out gifts for everyone. But Denise may have helped her do that?

Have seen no baby pics but they look alike and same hair color as mom and mom’s mom.

Denise Closs was devoted to family, filling her personal Facebook page with family photos, especially of her mother, Becky Naiberg, who died of cancer in 2016. Denise Closs took part in several fundraising events for the American Cancer Society in memory of her mother.

On her last day, Denise Closs spent the afternoon at a birthday party for one of her nephews. She brought gifts for everyone, not just for the birthday boy, according to the local newspaper, the Barron News-Shield.

***copied and pasted from article.

So Denise’s mom has passed on, and according to this article, Denise brought presents for everyone. Seems like someone with a huge heart... sad she was killed with so much anger and hate!

I wonder if anything significant had happened at work? Like was someone recently fired, was a affair brought to light(not between the closs’s but an employee they worked with and maybe Denise was trying to help them in the martial department...?! It seems like a lot of people involved in church daily really want to help others and sometimes be there just for a safe, listening ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hills89