AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mountain_Kat, I feel your pain!

First - I keep thinking: what's the likelihood of there being a family get together..then this happens...and it's not connected...?

Second: that darn 911 call.....just makes me....have all sorts of plain silly thoughts.....
And that family reports Jayme/Denise gave gifts to everyone at the party???
Who goes to a bday party for your nephew with gifts for every guest?

Only links from legit media on twitter can be shared. Has to be a verifiable, reliable news source. I didn't realize us 'regular folk' can't access NAMEUS. I was thinking it was a public database,like a "find the missing" kind of thing. So, no way to verify if it was updated.
You can. Its Namus, without the "e". Click explore Namus. Theres a place at the bottom to search by name.

Well, yes, but couldn't he have used a different gun that wouldn't leave any evidence?

moo. could use a revolver to help control what was left but then looses the speed of fireing. I think a shooter would be looking for knock down power with one shot and little need to aim entering the front door, point and shoot. I think it points to a shotgun. the draw back being how tight was the space inside the home for a long gun.

Mountain_Kat, I feel your pain!

First - I keep thinking: what's the likelihood of there being a family get together..then this happens...and it's not connected...?

Second: that darn 911 call.....just makes me....have all sorts of plain silly thoughts.....

BBM: You know, in the Groene case, their was also a family get together on the day, and it was a Sunday too. I thought the same thing, but it had nothing to do with it, apparently.

moo. could use a revolver to help control what was left but then looses the speed of fireing. I think a shooter would be looking for knock down power with one shot and little need to aim entering the front door, point and shoot. I think it points to a shotgun. the draw back being how tight was the space inside the home for a long gun.
What about a Glock?
Eta sorry, I misread MsBetsys original question. Diregard.

About Rice Lake WI.

Weird in that it says that there is a big drug problem but Rice Lake is filled with old people.

Living in Rice Lake

This is impressive. Ive read about a lot of the things mentioned and would have never brought it all together this way. But it makes terribly good sense. What about Jayme knowing one of these peoples kids? Overheard something? A friend confided in her? Maybe she saw something at a sleepover? Said the wrong thing to the wrong kid?
I’ve considered that as well and can see the possibility. If this were the case the assailants would need to assume that whatever Jayme knows her parents also know to make any sense of a motive to kill them.

Only links from legit media on twitter can be shared. Has to be a verifiable, reliable news source. I didn't realize us 'regular folk' can't access NAMEUS. I was thinking it was a public database,like a "find the missing" kind of thing. So, no way to verify if it was updated.
It's NAMUS and anyone can join. Here is the link. NamUs

You can. Its Namus, without the "e". Click explore Namus. Theres a place at the bottom to search by name.

"...all NamUs resources are provided at no cost to law enforcement, medical examiners, coroners, allied forensic professionals, and family members of missing persons."

^^^I'm none of those.

Link: NamUs

It's a fb rumor and the person deleted their comment after people questioned them about it. There is no media or LE reports to substantiate it, therefore it can't be discussed here. Sorry. It conflicts in every way from what we know anyway.
I don’t follow crime posts on FB. My comment was in response to Queenie’s reference to this info being posted on NAMUS.

This map point is the general one for Barron, WI. Is in the downtown area near 4 gas stations. Not sure why they wouldn’t list home address except for privacy perhaps? But is not location of Jenny-O (although not far from it).

Not so sure. I keep thinking of Israel Keyes, who had no connection to his victims. He’d fly cross country, rent a car, drive hundreds of miles to a site where he’d left a buried “murder kit” years earlier. In a way, he targeted the site, not the victims per se- hidden, like the Closs home. Interview footage was some of the most chilling I’ve ever seen. In MOO, I think he got sloppy & got caught because it became boring/ unsatisfying to never receive credit for his skill and cunning. Hopefully whomever did this to the Closs family will slip up soon so people can recover from this nightmare.

Even if we entertain that sort of theory, LE is looking for 2 vehicles in relationship to this crime which would mean this would have likely had to have been a coordinated random effort. That is highly unlikely.

Personally, I don't feel that the birthday get together earlier in the day and this crime occurring only hours later is a mere coincidence.

JMO.

Good catch. On the last thread someone was asking if LE entered info into NAMUS or if anyone can. The answer is that anyone who has a NAMUS account can enter missing persons (Unidentified remains have to be entered by an ME/coroner). NAMUS simply checks to make sure there is an open police file for the missing person before the entry goes live on the site, but info can be wrong on a NAMUS case page. I believe one of our members here entered Jayme in NAMUS. I recall seeing her post on the thread that she did. I will go back and see if I can find the name of the person. She may have simply taken info from the thread or early news reports to make the case file and that 12:58 typo got carried over. JMO.

ETA: I found the posts:
AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*
AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2
AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #9

Tagging @Mysteries1974 are you able to edit the NAMUS page? Our timeline here apparently has a typo. Thanks so much for your help getting Jayme's case into NAMUS.

Bringing my post forward. Guys, the NAMUS page was entered by one of us. It's run by volunteers connected with LE and sleuths like us/advocates for the missing contribute to it. People are human and get details wrong (especially when it was wrong in a press report and on the timeline here). Plus, it is rare that I have ever seen the map go to the exact place the missing person was last seen. The map feature on NAMUS missing person pages is usually not precise. It usually drops a pin on the geographic center of whatever town is entered. UID cases might be more specific. I can't believe this has become a thing now where people think Jayme was seen in that location at that time. She wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne