AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I understand it much better now. Maybe the experts have looked even closer now and seen inconsistencies with it being a Challenger.

It may have modification too. Many pour a lot of money into specializing their cars.

That would make it harder to identify as being a specific vehicle.

They are even changing headlights and taillights instead of keeping the ones that come from the factory.

Here is today's quote from the sheriff on the cars (BBM):

Closs case enters new phase

Thank you. I understand it much better now. Maybe the experts have looked even closer now and seen inconsistencies with it being a Challenger.

It may have modification too. Many pour a lot of money into specializing their cars.

That would make it harder to identify as being a specific vehicle.

They are even changing headlights and taillights instead of keeping the ones that come from the factory.
But this is what bothers me. "Again we are only taking tips based on the below information, no other makes or models will be followed up on." The sheriff specifically stated they would not take information on any other vehicles. I am saddened by the number of tips that may not have gotten called in however still have the utmost trust in LE. We have no idea what they know and why they do what they do.
Editing to try and add link but is not working. Check Barron Sheriff FB for this info.

Without new information, this case looks cold (at least in terms of what can be discussed here). So, now there will be repetitive posts about the 50,000+ cars on the road that may match the description of cars that may or may not have any connection, the one found on Oshkosh by gosh, the creep who came for her underwear, or links to other cases, and without any basis people certain they know the motive. Time for LE to make some traction or release more details.
I agree! I have the highest regard for LE, and typically maintain that they have good reasons for how they proceed with a case. But my faith is waning with this one. Specifically, they are failing Jayme, her parents and this community by not
  • Establishing-or widely publicizing-a means for people to submit anonymous tips- like CrimeStoppers.
  • Holding press conferences more often that include family members to keep the presence of an investigation active
  • Using media more effectively to keep the pressure on
Somebody somewhere knows something. The ability to submit a tip anonymously is critical. This community is too quiet. Something’s off... MOO.

I agree! I have the highest regard for LE, and typically maintain that they have good reasons for how they proceed with a case. But my faith is waning with this one. Specifically, they are failing Jayme, her parents and this community by not
  • Establishing-or widely publicizing-a means for people to submit anonymous tips- like CrimeStoppers.
  • Holding press conferences more often that include family members to keep the presence of an investigation active
Somebody somewhere knows something. The ability to submit a tip anonymously is critical. This community is too quiet. Something’s off... MOO.
I SO agree. If they have DNA from the casings and shells and put it in the DNA base and it didn't show up then what they have to wait until this guy commits a crime?! Shaking my head.

I am not sure that anyone knows anything, except for the perp, if there was just one. If it is just one person, their motive may have been very personal, some sort of obsession or vendetta that no one else was aware of.

No one seems to know who the perp in the video from the Indiana murders is...if that case couldn’t be broken with a video and a voice clip...not sure what this one has in its favor.

An online link, if it exists, could be impossible to trace if the perp simply viewed a profile but did not comment or make contact. You can still learn plenty just by looking at profiles.

I agree and it seems the way with most cases in the US. The more info out the more eyes and ears to help.

I wish the sheriff would give this info to the public instead of a pay wall news site. Unless he has and I missed it?
I agree with that.. also, I know others have said. But I really think they should show the car footage to everyone. It would show those distinctive marks people could help look for. I mean, crimes happen and they even show faces of people that were around the scene so those people can be identified so they could talk to them. I know FBI took over mostly and don’t have to say a thing. But still that footage of the actual cars could help find her. They have to know much much more ... sorry just rambling.

I SO agree. If they have DNA from the casings and shells and put it in the DNA base and it didn't show up then what they have to wait until this guy commits a crime?! Shaking my head.
Or if they find a suspect they can test it against the suspect.

I agree with that.. also, I know others have said. But I really think they should show the car footage to everyone. It would show those distinctive marks people could help look for. I mean, crimes happen and they even show faces of people that were around the scene so those people can be identified so they could talk to them. I know FBI took over mostly and don’t have to say a thing. But still that footage of the actual cars could help find her. They have to know much much more ... sorry just rambling.
I can only hope that the reason they haven't shown that video is so vital that it solves this case. There has to be a reason.

I can only hope that the reason they haven't shown that video is so vital that it solves this case. There has to be a reason.
yes.. has to be.. but also saying that they won’t take any tips about any other types of vehicles baffles me. I wish I could do more. I refresh this site at least hundreds of times a day it feels like.

I think this is such a hard crime to solve because the motive is not readily apparent. I had no problems emailing a tip, fwiw.

Thanks for hanging in there, everyone. I know we are focused so on the case, we forget kidnappings of young girls happen too frequently. Off topic, but thinking about Hania’s case in North Carolina.

Back to this case, I do wonder about the importance of the red car. Lots of respect to you all who are still hanging in there, and keeping this thread & thoughts going.

yes.. has to be.. but also saying that they won’t take any tips about any other types of vehicles baffles me. I wish I could do more. I refresh this site at least hundreds of times a day it feels like.
Same here. Sounds crazy but I even tried to watch live cams of intersections in the area when they announced the vehicles butI couldn't get them to stream. I'm still feeling positive regardless.

Imo

I've seen this written on here before. Do yo have a link because I haven't seen this as fact.....the phone being hung up. tia

We know the call ended because dispatch attempted to call back according to the logs. But we don’t know how the call ended.

I’m just sick not knowing where that little girl is after so long now.

I am not sure that anyone knows anything, except for the perp, if there was just one. If it is just one person, their motive may have been very personal, some sort of obsession or vendetta that no one else was aware of.

No one seems to know who the perp in the video from the Indiana murders is...if that case couldn’t be broken with a video and a voice clip...not sure what this one has in its favor.

An online link, if it exists, could be impossible to trace if the perp simply viewed a profile but did not comment or make contact. You can still learn plenty just by looking at profiles.
When I was looking for similar cases I read about a girl who was abducted after a friend made contact with someone she thought was her age on SM. It turned out to be an adult who somehow discovered the victim in a round about way. I wish I could find the link to post but I've been through so many the last couple weeks and wasn't expecting to post about it. Mods please delete if link was necessary to post this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice