AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I can only hope that the reason they haven't shown that video is so vital that it solves this case. There has to be a reason.
Maybe they lied and there is no video. They may have lied to protect a witness or a few witnesses who may have reported seeing the vehicles. LE isn’t obligated to be honest and have been known in the past to “leak” false info etc to assist in furthering the case / finding more evidence. They may know who they’re looking for but could be backpeddling now to throw a suspect into a sense of calm.

I can only hope that the reason they haven't shown that video is so vital that it solves this case. There has to be a reason.
I still don't think there is a video of the cars. LE likely has video, but not of the cars. if there was video of cars with color the quality would be so good they would have no doubt about type of car. if it was so poor they couldn't tell kind of car then they wouldn't have color. the two things about the cars just do not go together with info they are seeking.

We know the call ended because dispatch attempted to call back according to the logs. But we don’t know how the call ended.

I’m just sick not knowing where that little girl is after so long now.

That is an oddity that I think has been dismissed too quickly as the landline was not available because the parents turned it off due to relying on cell phones, or because they didn’t pay the bill. I am NOT sure it wasn’t because the phone lines were cut in a premeditation of sorts. Only speculation and my opinion.

ETA : if there was a landline phone, it may have taken off the hook, for whatever reason.

That is an oddity that I think has been dismissed too quickly as the landline was not available because the parents turned it off due to relying on cell phones, or because they didn’t pay the bill. I am NOT sure it wasn’t because the phone lines were cut in a premeditation of sorts. Only speculation and my opinion.

ETA : if there was a landline phone, it may have taken off the hook, for whatever reason.
why would anyone put any effort into cutting a land line when everyone has a phone in their pocket now. couldn't reasonably expect to control a situation with a cut phone line. moo.

why would anyone put any effort into cutting a land line when everyone has a phone in their pocket now. couldn't reasonably expect to control a situation with a cut phone line. moo.

Yes, it is hard to figure. Most people have cell phones these days, and don’t rely on a landline phone and that the 911 responder had a landline number to call is what is confounding to me. Thinking...

Or even just knocked off the cradle during the struggle.

Maybe they lied and there is no video. They may have lied to protect a witness or a few witnesses who may have reported seeing the vehicles. LE isn’t obligated to be honest and have been known in the past to “leak” false info etc to assist in furthering the case / finding more evidence. They may know who they’re looking for but could be backpeddling now to throw a suspect into a sense of calm.
Possibly

Yes, it is hard to figure. Most people have cell phones these days, and don’t rely on a landline phone and that the 911 responder had a landline number to call is what is confounding to me. Thinking...
my land line from 20 years ago is still published and it has been disconnected for years. I think they just still had a number published.

Or even just knocked off the cradle during the struggle.

Or just have a landline number but don’t have the phone plugged in. I have a landline as part of my internet package but no one uses it these days as we all have cell phones. I’ve moved house and still have the same landline number but haven’t bothered plugging it in for over a year. Too many nuisance calls as well.

.05 mile away 1 minute away :eek::eek:
Google Maps
Hi there! Just wondering how you got that distance. I tried the address listed on the Wisconsin court site and got a different distance but I don't have access to the article itself. I saw an arrest the day after this happened that was .04 mi away for meth charges but it was for a woman. You have me very curious. Hmmm
ETA sorry. Just saw your link to google map. Was that the address given in the article?

Last edited:
Or just have a landline number but don’t have the phone plugged in. I have a landline as part of my internet package but no one uses it these days as we all have cell phones. I’ve moved house and still have the same landline number but haven’t bothered plugging it in for over a year. Too many nuisance calls as well.
same exact with me..

I agree! I have the highest regard for LE, and typically maintain that they have good reasons for how they proceed with a case. But my faith is waning with this one. Specifically, they are failing Jayme, her parents and this community by not
  • Establishing-or widely publicizing-a means for people to submit anonymous tips- like CrimeStoppers.
  • Holding press conferences more often that include family members to keep the presence of an investigation active
  • Using media more effectively to keep the pressure on
Somebody somewhere knows something. The ability to submit a tip anonymously is critical. This community is too quiet. Something’s off... MOO.
It wont allow me to quote from another thread, but someone who lives nearby posted a few days ago that many locals are terrified, and even afraid to contact the tipline. This frustrates me for so many reasons. I feel so sad for that community and surrounding towns to be living in terror. And I also somewhat understand the fear of reporting something they may know, because they think that the wrong person could find out that they reported, and then retaliation. But at the same time it makes me wonder just how many people are holding on to the big break in the case, because they are too scared to report that little necessary detail?

Perhaps they went back and looked for cars that were coming through there on a regular basis. That could be how they were able to see colors.

I have a landline that is also how I get internet service being out away from town. The phone line goes through a splitter and one side goes to the phone and the other to the router. It hasn't happened in a while but our cell service used to get messed up enough that it was a good idea to me to have a backup. Plus if the power is out long enough that my cell dies I always have the landline to make calls.

It wont allow me to quote from another thread, but someone who lives nearby posted a few days ago that many locals are terrified, and even afraid to contact the tipline. This frustrates me for so many reasons. I feel so sad for that community and surrounding towns to be living in terror. And I also somewhat understand the fear of reporting something they may know, because they think that the wrong person could find out that they reported, and then retaliation. But at the same time it makes me wonder just how many people are holding on to the big break in the case, because they are too scared to report that little necessary detail?

People around here (greater Boston) sometimes behave like that when they think the criminal is in LE or being protected by LE. Also when they think LE can't protect them from the killer, like when nobody would report Whitey Bulger's gang. And then that attitude seems to kind of grow and spread, so pretty soon even minor crimes don't get reported.

I hope nothing like that is going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo