AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between groups of similar types of people, actual gangs, and the Mexican drug cartels. We are talking about totally different operations between the three and the first is really generalizing and stereotyping.

We've been warned on the thread against doing this. I don't want to see it shut down.
I agree, but I don’t believe there is any stereotyping going on .
We are discussing various motives of possible individuals or groups who have committed these types of crimes in the past including sexual predators and drug cartels.
Aren’t they mentioned here because both have been known to have committed crimes like this in the past and are in the Barron vicinity? The Closs case isn’t the typical small town crime so I think nothing should be ruled out .

I wonder if corn has now been harvested in the area. The sheriff does seem to think there is something to be found in the area; it seems to me. It wouldn't be the first time a missing person was found within a mile or two of where they were last known to be. I can't imagine they are looking for small objects such as a cell phone while using a helicopter. Looking for disturbed ground or larger objects that could have hidden something now having been moved aside?

This doesn't remotely fit the profile of a gang hit/kidnapping or human trafficking case. Not close.

1. It's not Mexico.
2. The family don't appear to be super rich.
3. The family have no apparent issues with or connections to crime or drugs.
4. There is no hint of gang connections.
5. As far as we know, Jayme was not an at risk youth, with mental health issues, a dysfunctional family, addiction issues, nor is she from a low income family, there's no evidence she's an LGBTQ youth, she's not black, she's wasn't a runaway and she wasn't snatched off the street. Sex trafficking cases usually involve several of those factors at once.

Every single kidnapping case or disappearance of a child, sex trafficking and cartels come up.

I've only seen one of the many cases we've discussed where that was remotely true, where the case doesn't seem to match with cartel and/or sex trafficking demographics.

And that one unraveled quickly. (Looks like the parents staged it).
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re...inburger-case-kidnapping-charges-dropped/amp/

Thanks G. I agree. These come up in every case.

How long can the perp/s hold this on their concious, without losing sleep, or their sanity?
How long before someone they know takes notice that something just isn't right and it niggles away at them with every breath they take,and every second that ticks by. Before they call with that one tip?
Tick Tock, Tick Tock.
They can't keep this up forever.

Dear Members,

In no way will we allow ANYONE to suggest that a minority group, a gang, the Nazi's or a coven of witches are the ones who killed Jayme's parents and kidnapped her.

If anyone hints, talks around or in anyway suggests a group is responsible for this horrible crime that person will be gone from the discussion. Same thing if you mention anyone as a suspect without evidence.

If any reliable information comes out about the suspect or suspects then, of course, we can discuss the new information.

Until then, please stay on topic, do not start discussing any other cases, and remember while Websleuths is first a true crime discussion forum a very close second is we are a victim friendly forum. 99.9% of the time we can easily be both. In Jayme's case, there is no reason to disparage the parents or Jayme. There is no evidence of any issues with Jayme's parents or with Jayme herself.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. We know teenagers can be very difficult, however, there is no evidence to suggest Jayme is anything but a victim.

If your post starts with "Me", "My", "I" it very well could be off topic.

We have the best sleuths in the world on Websleuths. We need to keep on topic to make sure the topics are easy to read. When a post is made about anything that is not directly related to the topics it makes the thread harder to read and way off topic.

The work the mods are having to do on this thread alone is overwhelming.

The rules are easy to follow on Websleuths. Thousands of people follow the rules every day with no problem.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Tricia

Bumping Tricia's post.

Apologies if this has been posted in its entirety before, but with a little work, I snagged the "View Source" from the Barron News Shield update.

Link to article (behind paywall):

Closs case enters new phase

<--- Beginning of Article --->

By Bob Zientara

There’s a workout room in the Barron County Sheriff’s department that has now become the nerve center for the continuing investigation into the Oct. 15 2018, disappearance of Jayme Closs and the shooting deaths of her parents, James and Denise Closs.

Even though the process has gone “from a 24/7 reactive operation to a more deliberate and methodical effort,” according to Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald, there are still dozens of officers working on the investigation.

“We had at least 25 people on a conference call yesterday,” Fitzgerald said Tuesday, Nov. 6, five days after the investigation “shifted gears.”

"But those 200 people who were here (during the active phase)? Every one of them can be back here on a moment’s notice,” he said.

Fitzgerald said the case has “a unique dynamic to it, something that everyone wants to solve. It’s a head scratcher. There’s not a lot of information out there, and that’s the bad part about the case. But no matter whether they’re working on it in their heads or on the ground, or on social media, or talking with the (Closs) family, everyone is still working on it.”

On Monday, the News-Shield received a phone call from an Illinois subscriber who owns recreational property in the Cameron area. The subscriber said the FBI had contacted them at their suburban Chicago home and asked to search their Wisconsin property.

Fitzgerald said the situation described by the subscriber is typical of literally scores of investigative visits by local and county officers, Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation or FBI agents.

At the height of the case, (visiting that property) could be any one of a lot of reasons why we wanted to go there,” he said. “Maybe it was because of suspicious activities, or there was a tip, or agents and officers had some other reason for going."

Fitzgerald also said there was some discussion about one of the suspicious vehicles seen near the crime scene. They were first described as a 2008-14 red/orange Dodge Challenger, and either a 2006-10 black Ford Edge OR a 2004-10 black Acura MDC.

"Now, we are looking at a couple other (kinds of) red cars,” Fitzgerald said. “We’re not 100 percent sure.”

Although the initial wave of regional television coverage has passed, major media outlets continue to cover the case.

The New York Times sent a reporter and photographer to Barron late last week, and published a story with several photos of Barron and the crime scene, complete with interviews with local residents and the sheriff.

“I just got a call from (the NBC network newsmagazine) ‘Dateline,’” Fitzgerald said. “Now, we’re (in a phase) where we’re doing one-on-one interviews.”

Parts of the investigation remain off limits to the media and the public, he added, including the recording of the original 911 call made just before 1 a.m. Oct. 15, and the autopsy performed on the victims.

Although the pace of tips has slowed, Fitzgerald said information continues to come into the sheriff’s department for review.

<---End of Article--->

In discussing just what happened to James, Denise and Jayme there are both probabilities and possibilities!

We have to always be focused on identifying which one we speak of! Is it possible or probable that is the question we must ask ourselves.

In discussing just what happened to James, Denise and Jayme there are both probabilities and possibilities!

We have to always be focused on identifying which one we speak of! Is it possible or probable that is the question we must ask ourselves.

Well put. And here lies the problem: simply not enough information available (to the public at large) to narrow down enough probabilities and the possibilities become endless.

How long can the perp/s hold this on their concious, without losing sleep, or their sanity?
How long before someone they know takes notice that something just isn't right and it niggles away at them with every breath they take,and every second that ticks by. Before they call with that one tip?
Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

As far as your first question, it makes me almost sick to say it but there is probably someone out there who is still high off of what he did. Quite happy with himself, in fact and has no guilty conscience at all. Because, imo, you have to be a sociopath to do something like this.
As for the other questions; I'm wishing, hoping and praying every day for that day to come "today."

so they didn't find anything ... looking from ... a .... helicopter. Color me surprised ...
The helicopter was flown over the area that they previously mapped with the helicopter (I expect LIDAR plus other mapping types) prior to the 2000 person search. So this is ground that had been covered by the 2000 person search effort. Specifically they were looking for changes from the last time they went through.

Between this and setting up the cameras at the house it seems that law enforcement has (or had) some expectation that someone would return to the house or around the house or that some thing will have been brought back or end up in the vicinity of the house after the previous search occurred. It would be interesting to learn the thinking behind this as it is not what we see typically done.

I agree, but I don’t believe there is any stereotyping going on .
We are discussing various motives of possible individuals or groups who have committed these types of crimes in the past including sexual predators and drug cartels.
Aren’t they mentioned here because both have been known to have committed crimes like this in the past and are in the Barron vicinity? The Closs case isn’t the typical small town crime so I think nothing should be ruled out .
Either way, Trish has admonished us not to discuss gangs, and we don't want to get shut down.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock.
Forever! It happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads