AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that how? She may well have been compliant in leaving. We don't know, and we have no evidence to rule that scenario out.
If she was abducted and LE has stated several times that she is endangered, it would seem to imply that she did not leave willingly. The majority of abductions do not end well. Jmo

You know that how? She may well have been compliant in leaving. We don't know, and we have no evidence to rule that scenario out.
I’d be compliant in leaving if I was her age and had just seen my parents blown away.

A 13 year old girl didn’t kick her door in, shoot her parents to death, and vanish into thin air.

She had no known boyfriend, and if she was engaged in some sort of relationship, this would have been discovered.

She’s a child, not a criminal mastermind.

"Lake Ontonagon" is Lake Superior. You don't just take a boat across this lake. Taking a boat across the lake would have taken experienced people and not in a small boat. Same with Lake Erie. Remember the Edmund Fitzgerald?

Lake Superior is incredibly dangerous, More dangerous than any ocean. The weather can go from pleasant to horrifying in a matter of minutes. It is the largest freshwater lake in the world.

BTW, gangs often consist of older kids too(18+). Not only high school aged kids.What if it wasn't random? Maybe Jayme unknowingly was communicating with this type of person(s) through
SM? Phone, XBOX etc...? If the perp(s) were communicating with Jayme or were part of a group Jayme may have been communicating with on SM and they wanted to commit a crime or go to Barron for some reason , I don't think driving two hours or less would deter them. IMO.

LE would know this

From that article: The DEA says these pot farms are linked to Mexican cartels. Does this mean we're going to start seeing bloody gun battles in the woods between police and the drug lords? State and federal agents say "absolutely not." They were adamant that they do not expect shootouts or kidnappings - the kinds of things you see going on in Mexico and southern California.

These are operations to grow/produce drugs. These people are concerned about one thing: profit.

Blowing away a family, and kidnapping a child, would be completely detrimental to their goals.

They don’t want attention, and don’t victimize families like the Closs’.

That’s not how they work.

That article is from 2012

I feel like the board has turned to just a Mexican cartel discussion. While it's good to entertain all theories, there's been nothing released to point this towards being cartel related.

Similar crimes have happened in the past and were not cartel related. The scary thing is, a single depraved individual could have pulled this off. It's happened before. This did not have to be any kind of organized group crime.

At one time you thought it was cartels. What changed your mind?

It was reported that the guy got in through the unlocked back door. You think it was an accident?
The house had been turned over to the family at that point. They had already lost the most valuable thing in that house, so I doubt they were concerned with making sure the doors were locked. Maybe they thought it was, and didn't check it. Either way, I don't think it was intentional. Jmo

Agreed. They also have refused to confirm she was abducted. They just said she is endangered. Even when questioned in the PC they said they could not confirm that question.

I sort of take everything they do tell us with a grain of salt at this point. IMO what they give in PC and updates is vague and not much better than the locals and their rumors.

Still no updates on the car situation either. First we are told it was absolutely a challenger and don't call in any other kind of car, and now they say they aren't sure and it could be a different car? It definitely isn't helping.

Someone did go to the house but he, of course, has been cleared of having anything to do with this case.

I do wonder why the helicopter went over the ground that had been searched previously. What did they think could possibly turn up now?

Are all the leaves gone now?

Agreed. They also have refused to confirm she was abducted. They just said she is endangered. Even when questioned in the PC they said they could not confirm that question.

I sort of take everything they do tell us with a grain of salt at this point. IMO what they give in PC and updates is vague and not much better than the locals and their rumors.

Still no updates on the car situation either. First we are told it was absolutely a challenger and don't call in any other kind of car, and now they say they aren't sure and it could be a different car? It definitely isn't helping.
LE took a similar tack in the Mollie Tibbetts case.

They refused to call it an abduction, although it was pretty clear to most of us that was the case.

Why would gang/cartel members be at his work? At a turkey plant?
My understanding is it was the "turkey store", an outlet store of sorts. I can't imagine he had an office space if he was selling packaged meat products to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member