AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to the google maps topic- I used to work for emergency dispatch here in Australia for the ambulance, and we bought the system from the US. The addresses and residence info is from the phone providers and mapping through direct sat nav. Definitely not google maps, though I guess this may have changed. Mobile phones only show the address of the person who registered the phone, and the suburb the phone pings from. There’s also an address history and job history which automatically is available related to the phone number who dialled emergency.

They did. We don’t know the results of their findings though.

It’s highly probable that the perpetrator both arrived and left in a vehicle. If this is the case, the scent would be lost after a short distance.

They did. We don’t know the results of their findings though.

It’s highly probable that the perpetrator both arrived and left in a vehicle. If this is the case, the scent would be lost after a short distance.

I tried to search how far they could track. I wonder if they could track as far as the turnoff to the highway?

Here is a long article on search dogs. Interesting.

https://www.emainehosting.com/mesard/pdf_documents/Distant Alerts.pdf

so just to say upfront I really don't know much about what I am about to ask and say, but does the turkey plant use ammonia? I am not sure why that is important, but I know of a local warehouse that has issues with ammonia tanks and theft. i think it may be used as a refrigerant but not so sure, i am just thinking turkey needs to stay cold and local warehouse has armed guards guarding their ammonia tanks now so it must be something really important.

In regards to the google maps topic- I used to work for emergency dispatch here in Australia for the ambulance, and we bought the system from the US. The addresses and residence info is from the phone providers and mapping through direct sat nav. Definitely not google maps, though I guess this may have changed. Mobile phones only show the address of the person who registered the phone, and the suburb the phone pings from. There’s also an address history and job history which automatically is available related to the phone number who dialled emergency.

I have a friend who became a 911 operator in MN. It was a one year training that included ride alongs with police.

I am sure they do. But it is unpredictable and dangerous. How far does anyone go?

Correct to a degree. I commercial fished Cook Inlet out of Kenai Alaska on our family fishing boat for 20 years.

Tide pull and yes there is on Great Lakes and most important wind and weather are huge factors. That would be a desperate stupid choice this time of year. One would require an experienced pilot or captain with a worthy boat especially this time of year. Anyone recall the ore ship M/V EDMUND FITZGERALD?? 729 feet long. 75 feet wide.

One wave took her down. The largest ship on the Great Lakes now rests in two sections between Deadmans Cove and Whitefish Bay in Western Lake Superior. I vividly recall the incident.

It’s extremely unlikely they chose a water route. Imo

I have a question about the dogs, too. Someone said they stopped at the driveway which seems to indicate Jayme got into a car. But, Jayme walked that driveway to go to the bus stop often. How could the dogs be expected to differentiate what is Jayme being taken away in a car and Jayme going to school? I would think the dogs would be very confused by this (like I am.)

Correct to a degree. I commercial fished Cook Inlet out of Kenai Alaska on our family fishing boat for 20 years.

Tide pull and yes there is on Great Lakes and most important wind and weather are huge factors. That would be a desperate stupid choice this time of year. One would require an experienced pilot or captain with a worthy boat especially this time of year. Anyone recall the ore ship M/V EDMUND FITZGERALD?? 729 feet long. 75 feet wide.

One wave took her down. The largest ship on the Great Lakes now rests in two sections between Deadmans Cove and Whitefish Bay in Western Lake Superior. I vividly recall the incident.

It’s extremely unlikely they chose a water route. Imo

I lived on the shores of Lake Superior one summer, My hubby went out in my dad’s Lake Superior fishing boat made esp for Lake Superior. I watched the storm roll in within minutes.The fog was thick. It had been a lovely day.

He and his buddies were terrified. One put on two lifejackets. They had no idea if they were in the shipping lanes.

They survived. We all learned the power and unpredictablity of the Lake. Him more than I because I was on land.

Lake Superior does not give up her dead.

I have a question about the dogs, too. Someone said they stopped at the driveway which seems to indicate Jayme got into a car. But, Jayme walked that driveway to go to the bus stop often. How could the dogs be expected to differentiate what is Jayme being taken away in a car and Jayme going to school? I would think the dogs would be very confused by this (like I am.)
Interesting point. Dang. I thought they could point to the direction at any rate

Maybe the scent fades after awhile, and that's why they use the dogs right away. She would not have been to the bus stop for two days, but she still could have been in that area. The only thing I can think of is that they must be trained to pick up a fresh scent, and since they stopped abruptly, that's where they lost the scent. Jmo

*** Long Post Alert ***
I had lunch with some LE today (not from WI, not involved or really even aware of this case). We discussed and I tried to get their opinion, specifically something I might have overlooked or incorrectly assumed. Not sure if any of this is relevant, but here are a few of the thoughts that came from the discussion.

Re the Dispatch Log and “possible suicide attempt” comment: Dispatch log should be considered to be notes of the communication at the time, not a full transcript. There’s going to be a lot of radio communication that log does not reflect. Notable that the first unit would advise that they are arriving at the scene and approaching the house. This officer would absolutely not just charge right in even if the door was wide open. It would be standard procedure to advise what can be seen as the officer approaches and evaluate whether it’s safe to approach and enter. That’s probably significant in that it’s unknown to us where the officer was when he observed the “man down” and reported “possible suicide attempt.” At that point, with no real threat assessment, this first officer would likely not enter until backup arrives to clear the house. More info would come in as more officers arrived to access the situation.

A good question that came up: I’ve assumed that since LE is confident that Jayme was present she must have been in bed sleeping (as I would expect a child her age to be at that time on a school night). That may be a bad assumption. I don’t know that she was asleep, I don’t know that she was in her room, I don’t even know that she was home prior to the assault. There’s a whole lot there that I’m assuming. LE almost certainly knows at this point, but I don’t.

I’m also assuming that the assailants arrived via a car pulling into the driveway and the assault in the house began with the first shots, probably the two shots that the neighbors reported hearing. But again, I’m not privy to the details I would need to ascertain that. I can’t rule out that perhaps the assailants were already there. That perhaps they were dropped off near the house and approached on foot. That maybe they were friends of James and they were hanging outside, maybe those shots were just rural folks shooting for any number of reasons before there was any intent to assault. I guess it’s even possible that the assailants arrived with Jayme (or James, or Denise) since I know nothing about where everybody was prior to the assault.

My takeaway: there’s so much about this case that just doesn’t seem to fit any plausible scenario. But that may well be because I’ve made a lot of assumptions - if any of those assumptions are wrong, that changes everything. With that I’m sure LE has a more complete picture than I do. They may not have named a suspect or released any significant details, but maybe my final assumption - that LE is as stumped as I am - is also incorrect.

So how did cops arrive in 4 minutes?

Why do my notes say that from the time of the 911 call, until the first LE was on the scene, was 7 minutes ???

It was ~4 minutes between the call and dispatch of responding officers and another ~3 minutes until they arrived on scene. We were saying 4 minutes between the call and arrival for a long time.

These dogs are highly trained. They know the strength of a scent. They can detect overlapping scents. LE had one there looking for electronics. Between technology and these dogs LE has some pretty significant tools.

And they got it all. LE missed nothing. Sheriff Fitzgerald, his team, DNR,their team, Wisconsin State Police, their team, BCI, their team, FBI, CARD TEAM, and Barron City and all the other LE I might have missed, well they got it. By now and more likely weeks ago they had every bit of evidence collectible. They are now methodically putting a huge puzzle together if every scenario offered here and a thousand more.

And I’m guessing they have 1-5 scenarios probable as far as what has happened. I can’t imagine the volume of work put in to find Jayme. And I believe she will be found.

Hi all,

Since there have been no new developments in a while and the threads have not been as active, we've allowed some discussion about things like gangs, drug cartel, witness protection, etc. Please move on from these topics unless there is some LE/MSM statement in the future to indicate it is relevant to this case.

Thanks,
Whiskers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members