AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a youtube video showing different calibers of bullets into plywood for what it is worth.

I noticed the split right away and thought more like axe, but I don't know much about bullets/trajectory and the likes.
Could it be something more like a butcher knife from the kitchen causing that slice and splintering?

( Random thought ). So, IF someone were sitting in this chair and IF they were shot in this chair , what evidence do we have that they were actually TIED to this chair. None that I can see. So could someone have been awake and sitting at the table when they were shot ?

I think it's a possibility. JMO

When you look at the way it splinters both on top and the bottom and the long, thin "chunk" taken out of the bottom I don't know what else would cause such a result.

And there is always the chance that LE dug something out of the chair before taking it out of the house, making the damage that we see. Ugh...I hate not being a part of the real investigating team.

I'm a couple days behind, sorry, but I saw the story and also grabbed a photo of the chair. Looks like I grabbed it at a slightly different spot than @Creole Sleuth did, so I'll include it even though you've seen it. Might be helpful for something. View attachment 154663
I can see a tiny bit of damage on the leg from this angle. Thanks! Also, my thoughts were that perhaps someone picked up the chair by the back and used it as a possible shield.

Would you have the same opinion if that bullet first passed through a part of the body ? Sincere question.
It is hard to tell from the angle of the photo, but the wood looks clean. If it were to enter a body first wouldn't we see some blood remnants on the wood? That chair has some damage to it, imagine flesh. MOO

Would you have the same opinion if that bullet first passed through a part of the body ? Sincere question.
Very good question... and maybe. If the velocity was reduced enough that the bullet didn’t expand on impact it could cause the splintering without cutting the grain as we see here.

I’m not convinced this is damage from a bullet, but I’m also not convinced it’s not.

Here is a youtube video showing different calibers of bullets into plywood for what it is worth.

I noticed the split right away and thought more like axe, but I don't know much about bullets/trajectory and the likes.
Could it be something more like a butcher knife from the kitchen causing that slice and splintering?

Oh great...now it doesn't appear to be bullet damage to me at all. Disregard all my previous posts. I need to go to bed. ;)

Is it possible that any part of the bullet could have been trapped in the cushion, hence being a reason to secure it for testing?

It is hard to tell from the angle of the photo, but the wood looks clean. If it were to enter a body first wouldn't we see some blood remnants on the wood? That chair has some damage to it, imagine flesh. MOO

I see dark discoloration exactly where I would expect blood to be, though. Not saying it IS blood, but whatever that discoloration is, it isn't anywhere else on the chair that I can see.

Is it possible that any part of the bullet could have been trapped in the cushion, hence being a reason to secure it for testing?

Powder if it was at close range. Either way, blood or gun powder (or hair or fibers), LE would definitely have bagged that cushion. Assuming, of course, that one of the family members prior to the crime didn't just decide to cut off their own chair cushions (which I highly doubt).

19 YRS AGO DENISE NAIBERG HAUSE CLOSS LIVED IN AN APT BLG IN WI WHERE MURDER OF TEEN TOOK PLACE

in broad daylight

KILLER GOT REDUCED SENTENCE USING INSANITY PLEA.

Was she a witness?

Man accused of killing teen in Barron

Additional Source: White pages confirms address at time of killing[/QUOTE

Interesting, thank you!
BUT as often re WI news:
451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contacteditor@chippewa.com or call 877-782-0193.
:(:mad:

The seat of the chair appears to be a single, solid piece of hardwood - can't be sure which kind. So, you would have to see what a bullet does to hardwoods like Oak, Ash, Walnut, Maple, rather than plywood. You won't be able to generate enough force with a knife to do anything like that on hardwood.

Going Inside The Daily Hunt To Find Jayme Closs

I made a still photo of the chair from the video in this article. It appears like a bullet hit the chair and the ties are cushion ties. IMO

Something else interesting about this particular photo is that there is a piece of pink fiber attached to it. Could be part of the chair cushion, but if so the ties don't match. Could be fibers from clothing...perhaps fuzzy pink pajama bottoms ? ( Wild speculation, I know , but it would fit. )

ETA: Imagine that someone was sitting in this chair wearing pink fuzzy PJ's. A bullet comes from left to right (our view ), takes out part of the knob on the bottom right chair leg. If it hit a leg at that angle, we could expect to see blood exactly where the discoloration appears, and clothing fiber exactly where the pink fibers appear. Yes ?

I’ve followed a discussion of this on another forum and I’m not convinced. The chair does appear to be damaged, but that doesn’t look like damage from a bullet. Notice the splintering underneath and how it is bent, then the splintering on the top side. The point of impact and trajectory I’m seeing suggests something much lower velocity and much heavier than a bullet.

That sounds ominous. Like what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member