AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of which actually proves that she was the main target all along, even though she was taken. It is possible she was. But it isn't a certainty, by any means. You talk of other cases. There are other cases I have been aware of where a home invasion turned in to a sexual assault, even though that wasn't the original purpose of the home invasion. If that is what happened to Jayme, then it is possible they didn't kill here there - not out of a sense of wanting to spare her, but out of a need to not leave behind DNA. And if that is the case, they also wouldn't leave her somewhere where she could be easily found.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't be so single-minded as to assume that just because Jayme was taken, then it automatically means she was the original intended target. She may have been. BUT - she may not have been.

But because the motive wasn't robbery and nothing but Jayme was taken, it stands to reason she was the target. Anything else is a HUGE stretch.

I think meth has a lot to do with it.

If I lived there, I would be terrified about it and may have reported something.

The child sex and child *advertiser censored* seems to be popular there as well.

I would think if they reported something that LE would know. Or maybe James or Denise confronted someone and the person(s) vowed to themselves to destroy thE Closs family.

There are plenty of crimes because of grudges. Ones that are perceived by the perp but no one else.

Unless sex trafficking was the end goal, and I think there is basically a zero chance it was, how in the world would the perp find a sex trafficker? It's not like trying to find someone to buy pot from. Even in criminal circles, knowing someone who traffics is exceedingly rare - and this is a small town. And finally, a trafficker would not touch someone whose face has been shown on national tv and on billboards.

IMO, Jayme was not handed over to a sex trafficking ring.

Within gang or some other non mainstream culture she'd be easy to hide. Lots of gangs in Twin Cities with logical possible ties to Barron community.

Okay, well it’s nose was sticking out of the water. May have “bobbed” in wake of passing boater-ists. No? Didn’t bob 2 mi downstream? Okay. You win. Didn’t Bob.

The call to police to report calls for help WAS reported as related at first. Your info must have been clarified later bec I was following and so hoping this would be the big break.
After water search, Oshkosh police think someone deliberately sent car into Fox River

The car was unoccupied and rigged to drive into the river... I'm guessing something holding down the gas pedal....

Which goes back to the poster who said you don’t just jump into human trafficking. You don’t call up your dealer and say, “Hey I gotta kid you might be interested in.” Like she’s a stolen car.

It's quite possible within gang or other clannish subcultures.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
If they wanted to hurt DC through Jayme they would have raped Jayme and perhaps killed her while DC was still alive imo. As for not killing DC, I believe it was planned that she would be killed from the start. Why would they leave DC behind alive to describe the entire "event" to LE? The payback would have already taken place with what was done to Jayme while DC could do nothing to stop it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which goes back to the poster who said you don’t just jump into human trafficking. You don’t call up your dealer and say, “Hey I gotta kid you might be interested in.” Like she’s a stolen car.

Of course that could happen. Human trafficking is a problem in Minnesota. Look it up.

If Denise was tied to a chair, LE would have likely found her sooner.

If the flimsy strings we saw on the news was what they used to tie DC to the chair, I think she could have broken the ties and gotten out of the chair though. (I think you might be referring to my comment but can't tell because there's no quote.) If DC was seeing Jayme being violated, I believe she could break free.

I agree it's risky but keeping her would be riskier. I also think the fact she had green eyes and red hair would make her somewhat of a prize so the traffickers might make an exception. If that's the case she's probably out of the area since that night. I'm not saying that's my theory just that with so little info to go on, I don't think *any* scenario is off the table.

Makes sense that Jayme was targeted because of her features and body type. Either by an individual or perps with gangland ties in Twin Cities.

I'm discouraged by the update regarding the Challenger, and the overall scaling back of the search. I was silently hoping that they had some uniquely obvious detail about the vehicle(s) that would help ID the perp(s) but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So, the delicate balance begins for many in trying to move forward and finding peace while never giving up on seeking justice.

Typically, Jayme's parents would be the ones driving the relentless search for their daughter but from what I have seen regarding these types of cases, there are very special people that look at these beautiful souls as their own. And even though time may go on, they will always be behind the scenes looking for answers, clues, and connections that will one day bring justice to the family and friends and most importantly the ones that left this world too soon.

*Always hoping for that one clue or that one piece of information that will break open the case <3

It's quite possible within gang or other clannish subcultures.

But why target Jayme and how would they know her or where she lived? These types target vulnerable young teens, the type who are neglected/unloved by parents/guardians and start hanging out with older, troublesome boys and are easy pickings for these type of gangs. This type of girl

CONTINUED..... This type of girl would be an easy target but i can't see how they would decide to single out Jayme for a kidnapping?

But why target Jayme and how would they know her or where she lived? These types target vulnerable young teens, the type who are neglected/unloved by parents/guardians and start hanging out with older, troublesome boys and are easy pickings for these type of gangs. This type of girl

There are lots of kids wandering the streets. Out alone at night. Kids with loose ties are easy to manipulate as well.

Jayme is a cute girl but not outstanding. <modsnip - crude term>

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course that could happen. Human trafficking is a problem in Minnesota. Look it up.

It is a problem in MN. I know a couple of girls who fell victim to it. Fortunately, both returned home after finding out what was promised (grooming) wasn't reality. Lots of people who loved them were worried sick for days. Contrast that to this case, and try to think what the family is going through... terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15