AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At close range (6 to 20 feet approx.) a 4-12 inch front section of the edge of that chair would look like it had been chewed and splintered by little teeth. A probably (9mm up to 45 caliber handgun bullet) made that impression on that chair edge, as written earlier by SharonNeedles.

That's my best guess too. I'm not ruling out shotgun slug, but I'm leaning toward hollow point in 9mm, .38, 40 or 45. I don't see signs of copper plated/full metal. The color, if there is a fragment still in the chair, looks to be graphite, like lead. MOO.

The damage you see on that chair, if it is indeed a gunshot, is from a single projectile.

A shotgun slug would be a single projectile, but much larger than the damage shown. And with enough impact to rip that seat apart - a whole lot worse than what’s shown.

A shotgun with 00 buckshot would have 8 projectiles, tightly grouped. I would expect to see either multiple points of impact, or perhaps what would appear to be one really big point of impact.

A shotgun with birdshot would have a lot of very small projectiles. No idea how many, I’ve never counted them. It would leave a big area of damage but not a lot of penetration.

I’m thinking a handgun, maybe somewhere between a 9mm and .40 cal. A single bullet, maybe as round as your little finger, that would pass through that chair from front to back at an upward angle.

And due to that angle, I don’t think the chair was sitting on the floor like a chair is supposed to be sitting when it was hit.
Thank you

maybe it was used to wedge a door shut

Back to the front door. It does look from the picture posted here a few threads back, it may have started as a break in at the front door with a wedge of sort. I know there are conflicting stories about how the front door was compromised, but the pictures of the front door do look like a wedge may have broken the door from the lock or hinge. Anyone have that pic handy?

When posting previously, several threads back, I used the word “they” simply because I wasn’t sure whether the perp was a he or a she (or both?) and someone took it as an indication that I believed there was multiple people involved. (Btw, I don’t have any opinion, one way or another. Either are entirely possible.) So I wouldn’t read too much into the Sherrif’s “they” either.

When posting previously, several threads back, I used the word “they” simply because I wasn’t sure whether the perp was a he or a she (or both?) and someone took it as an indication that I believed there was multiple people involved. (Btw, I don’t have any opinion, one way or another. Either are entirely possible.) So I wouldn’t read too much into the Sherrif’s “they” either.

I find myself when writing a response hesitating between indicating the possibility of a duo or more by putting an (s) after killer - example killer(s). I have found it easier to say “they.” Not sure why, and no way indicative if there was more than one killer of Jayme’s parents.

Back to the front door. It does look from the picture posted here a few threads back, it may have started as a break in at the front door with a wedge of sort. I know there are conflicting stories about how the front door was compromised, but the pictures of the front door do look like a wedge may have broken the door from the lock or hinge. Anyone have that pic handy?
Maybe @photographer4 can help. The chair pics were amazing.

I agree, a few things stood out to me and perhaps the aunt was giving "word clues" to let Jayme know (in case she was listening) that they were on to her running away with a perp.

Although I personally don't think this is what happened, what IF someone did put a plan in motion with Jayme to just run away together, and she didn't know that her parents would be murdered. I hope my assumption is wrong, but young kids sometimes just don't realize the evil that can lurk before their very eyes. Jayme struck me as a girl that wanted to see the good in everyone.. God bless her, and hopefully she is safe and just confused about everything. :(

In all fairness, I think that was the aunt’s way of saying we are taking good care of Molly, including her eating habits, in case Jayme had the chance to see that particular press conference. She may have been speaking to her in spirit rather than directly. Don’t know, but I do not see any particular element of trickery involved, fwiw and IMO.

No it isn't. Listen to the whole answer.
The question was about why it hasn't been solved. Sheriff is saying one of the main reasons they haven't solved it is because they don't have a lot of evidence since the perp was in and out so quickly.

He goes on to say "If I'm in your house for 25 minutes I'm bound to touch something, leave a fingerprint, DNA, shoeprint, whatever. If I'm only in your house one minute today, ya know, I'm not going to leave much evidence. So, you know, that might be part of it."

His entire answer is about how the perp wasn't in the house for very long. I don't know how it could be more obvious.

And I think that's exactly why they took jayme. Dna is on her. Something happened and they were smart enough to remove any evidence.

I always thought she was sexually assaulted but the time frame has narrowed down to much.

In all fairness, I think that was the aunt’s way of saying we are taking good care of Molly, including her eating habits, in case Jayme had the chance to see that particular press conference. She may have been speaking to her in spirit rather than directly. Don’t know, but I do not see any particular element of trickery involved, fwiw and IMO.

I think you're likely right.

I find myself when writing a response hesitating between indicating the possibility of a duo or more by putting an (s) after killer - example killer(s). I have found it easier to say “they.” Not sure why, and no way indicative if there was more than one killer of Jayme’s parents.
Yes, I can see using “they” when you just don’t know for sure. I almost used it myself on a previous post, but’s ended up using “killer”
I should have used “killer(s).”

short of a camera or security panel what would time stamp it? I am NOT saying I think there was either, I do not think there was either, I see nothing that could even maybe time stamp a start time.
Maybe the temperature in the house? Once the door was broken down the house would get cold.

Also if one of them had been talking on the phone when the door broke in and the first bullet fired. Maybe Denise and one of her friends or sisters if she had the phone in her hand!

Last edited:
Just not seeing “clues” in her aunt’s appeal, but to each his own. If at all, just letting her know she is missed and that her dog, at least, is fine. She may not know that for sure, depending upon what happened in that house.

But I wonder if the dog was stowed safely in a closed room, with food, for example only, if that would provide a sort of clue to LE that Jayme was there and had left under her own power, so to speak. I can’t see a rampaging killer allowing her to secure her dog before leaving. And maybe her voice was heard on the call, giving LE enough reason to conclude she had been home.

Just an idea...NOT “info”. And just jmo, imo, etc etc

Hopefully you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member