AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
from the outside breaking in if who ever it was didn't already know some things about the family they couldn't count on someone being dazed from sleep or fear I don't think. they also couldn't count on not having a firearm pointed right back at them. who ever done this either knew about life inside or took some huge risk.
Agreed!

I can't find it now, but didn't someone just post a link last night saying from dispatch the call was labeled a "hang up?"

I assumed someone turned it off or it died. This is why when dispatch called back it went straight to voice mail.

It was marked as a 911 hang up. The dispatch log notes "Tried calling several more times and did not receive an answer". That tells me it rang. Aside from that, people charge their phones at night so unlikely the battery died.

Been traveling (oddly southern MN and NE Iowa) and not able to follow, so sorry if this was discussed. I'd thought about putting item #1 into my first post on this case but decided not to. Plus a random thought or two.

1) IIRC, the 12:31am time came from the neighbors. They said their clock was 7 minutes fast and deduced the time as 12:31. (Does anyone else recall this??) What if they were wrong or had the offset backwards? 12:38 plus 7 minutes is 12:45am -- that seems to make more sense to me as a timeline start but goes back to my lack of confidence in the "12:31" timeline.

2) 911 call. Likely from another room. It was certainly taken from whomever called, the call terminated, and possibly the phone damaged. Once the call is dropped, the recording is over. I agree this call led to the quick end of the event. If the perp(s) hadn't noticed then perhaps a different ending? Text to 911 is just getting rolled out; might have made a difference here, too.

3) Interesting items in that NBC article but the "James at the party" error was a doozy.

Trying to digest the newer info and I need to watch the Dryden interview for sure.
I’m still stuck on those first gunshots. I can’t explain the time frame. IMO they are connected to the crime. Did the neighbors hear any more gunshots in the following minutes? In the time frame of the 911 call?

I can't find it now, but didn't someone just post a link last night saying from dispatch the call was labeled a "hang up?"

I assumed someone turned it off or it died. This is why when dispatch called back it went straight to voice mail.

On the call log that night, the operator states 'Received a call and could hear a lot of yelling. Called number back and was UNABLE TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL. Phone pinged to the above address'.

I hope I don't get in trouble for sharing this. (Mods go easy on me lol).

Where I live is on a reservation. I had been working closely with the Tribal Sheriff to help young people and families deal with (****). The heroin and meth is organized and pandemic. Those that run it are ruthless......

This is MOO but one never knows if there is a tie in somehow.

Fhe Sheriff has said meth is a huge issue. If you look on the arrest site, most meth arrests are not Natives, http://barronsheriff.org/inmate-roster/

Last edited:
How do we know she was there? I don’t recall any reference to that. Plenty of speculation. I might be incorrect but I recall no one in an official capacity sayingvshe was definitely at the house at any given time.

I know it makes sense, but there’s no statement or evidence she was there. What if she wasn’t. How does it change things.????
There are severalinks Upthread where the Sheriff stated with the 911 call yelling and other evidence they know JC was there.

I think we may be over complicating the front door. It’s possible it wasn’t locked and the perp just opened it. If James was found in the doorway, he may have heard the door open or have been near when it was opened.

We really don’t know how close to the door he was found, if he may have been able to take a few steps before falling or being shot again, if he was moved by anyone. There’s too many assumptions right now imo
Was the front door damaged though?

what are the reasons Jim would go to the door? And yet, the door was kicked in. So, it would make sense whatever he saw on the other side he didn't want to let in and shut it rapidly. I wonder if he was just letting his dog out, unaware someone was laying in wait outside and then he saw them, shut the door as they kicked it in.
idk I just keep trying to make the scenario work that Jim answered the door and it was kicked it.

Maybe the perp identified themself as police, or warden, etc.?

I asked my husband what he would have done if he heard someone yell that they needed help. We lived in the country. I was shocked when my husband said he would have opened the door

James was a big guy who got some kind of award for going to the gym. He probably had plenty of self confidence. He was an athlete in high school
I’ve thought about this over and over - for years now because of something that happened shortly after I moved to the country. A man I hadn’t seen in over 20 years but whom I went to school with wrecked his car, got out to walk to town, and died from exposure within 10 minutes one winter - a mile from my home. I kept wondering if he had been closer to my house and had knocked on the door late at night if I would have recognized him, believed him, and let him in. Because if he had, and I had called the cops instead, he still would have died on my doorstep before they got here.

It’s tough. I’m a Midwesterner who grew up in a village of 600 on a main highway. It seems like once a year someone broke down and was invited to eat dinner with us. Midwesterners have a culture of helpfulness. So I am torn because I understand the dangers but it’s hard to go against what is essentially your nature.

On the call log that night, the operator states 'Received a call and could hear a lot of yelling. Called number back and was UNABLE TO LEAVE A VOICEMAIL. Phone pinged to the above address'.
Agreed! With my cell you will get this message. (Because I couldn't figure out the voicemail and gave up).

Other option is if voice mail was full and ya can't leave a message.

I think the perp took it and turned it off. But since we know they have her phone, and he did not take it or destroy it, it would seem that the killer is not someone who would have talked to her or who she met on SM. I can't see him leaving that kind of evidence behind. I think he's a stranger who may have seen Jayme somewhere. Imo
I find it odd that someone had the presence of mind to contact 911 with Denise's cell phone but not say anything; with only background noise/commotion heard and maybe "help."

Again, so little known.

I think it all happened too fast for someone to dial 911 and wait to speak to anyone. They dialed 911 imo, so the operator could hear what was happening... identify the address and send help. Total survival mode and no time for anything else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member