AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM, do you have a link for that? All I've ever heard him say is commotion. Not saying you are wrong, just would like to see exactly what he said. As for the media, I see misinformation from them on a daily basis so I'm only listening to what the sheriff says at this point.
Could someone direct Andrew to the links. I don't have them saved. There are plenty.

But why would you note “disconnected” rather than “no answer” if it just rang and rang? I don’t believe a 911 operator would note it was disconnected unless she had proof of actual disconnection. If the lines were cut, it would just ring and ring.
Right. That's what I think people were trying to say in the beginning. She must have gotten a recording in order to have said that. Otherwise she would have specified that it rang and there was no answer on the landline. Imo

I think it was all happened too fast for someone to dial 911 and wait to speak to anyone. They dialed 911 imo, so the operator could hear what was happening... identify the address and send help. Total survival mode and no time for anything else.
It is my speculation that either:
(A) it was a dying Denise who dialed, and this was her last brave act
(B) A hiding Jayme

I think it was (A)

Amateur opinion and speculation

How do we know she was there? I don’t recall any reference to that. Plenty of speculation. I might be incorrect but I recall no one in an official capacity sayingvshe was definitely at the house at any given time.

I know it makes sense, but there’s no statement or evidence she was there. What if she wasn’t. How does it change things.????
The Sheriff stated this in a press conference and was quoted by numerous media sources as saying that Jayme was there at the time of the murders based on evidence from the investigation, in part, and the 911 call, in part.

I'm still mulling over the disconnected phone line. Can someone please provide me with a source that says a landline phone just rings and rings if the line is physically cut or the outside box is somehow messed with?

Let's assume that the 911 operator heard a disconnection message similar to this one:
Convince me (with sources other than anecdotes) that such a message would only be heard if the phone company turned off the phone line. Also, when the phone company disconnects a landline at customer request or as the result of non-payment, what do phone company employees physically do to disconnect it and have that message play? Do they have to do something on the phone pole or at the house box outside? How can we be assured that a smart perp would not know how to do the same thing as a phone company employee?

Sorry to be so dense about this but I'm not convinced yet. I could get there with a little more concrete info. TIA to any who are willing to patiently answer me. :)

Last edited:
I'm still mulling over the disconnected phone line. Can someone please provide me with a source that says a landline phone just rings and rings if the line is physically cut or the outside box is somehow messed with?

Let's assume that the 911 operator heard a disconnection message similar to this one:
Convince me (with sources other than anecdotes) that such a message would only be heard if the phone company turned off the phone line. Also, when the phone company disconnects a landline at customer request or as the result of non-payment, what do phone company employees physically do to disconnect it and have that message play? Do they have to do something on the phone pole or at the house box outside? How can we be assured that a smart perp would not know how to do the same thing as a phone company employee?

Sorry to be so dense about this but I'm not convinced yet. I could get there with a little more concrete info. TIA to any who are willing to patiently answer me. :D

if it was cut it would be a open line, there would be no current voltage etc completeing the connection, or it would be shorted, depending on what the wires were touching. it would be a malfunction not redirected to a recording.

Things aren’t looking good right now, but all of that can change very quickly.

One lab result, one witness statement, one person saying too much, there’s lots of ways this case can go from freezing cold, to red hot.

LE seems to have made the right moves here, and most importantly, made them from the very beginning.

They reached out to state and federal agencies early on, and have benefited from their expertise and resources.

Sometimes the evidence just isn’t there right away.
I don’t like that the evidence isn’t there right away... there has to be something.

Sorry to be so dense about this but I'm not convinced yet. I could get there with a little more concrete info. TIA to any who are willing to patiently answer me. :D
Maybe you can compare it to when you pull the plug out of the wall and as a result the phone just rings and rings, as opposed to if you no longer have phone service, then there is a recording. Does that help at all? Imo

Maybe you can compare it to when you pull the plug out of the wall and as a result the phone just rings and rings, as opposed to if you no longer have phone service, then there is a recording. Does that help at all? Imo

Not really, because I haven't had a landline for over a decade. LOL. What does the phone company do to get that message to play?

I think it was all happened too fast for someone to dial 911 and wait to speak to anyone. They dialed 911 imo, so the operator could hear what was happening... identify the address and send help. Total survival mode and no time for anything else.
I watched a movie where the daughter dialed 911 and left it to go help her grandma. She knew the police would arrive and couldn't risk the perp hearing her talk on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState