AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what qualified it to be an amber alert? It definitely should be! I’m just wondering.
The amber alert is addressed in the Dryden Wire interview (timestamp 32:20). Jayme was considered missing a few hours into the case after conferring with the school resource officer. The sheriff then contacted Madison LE to request an Amber alert but was told they needed a vehicle and suspect. A couple hours later the FBI and DCI helped to get the alert issued. The sheriff stated he "wished" there was a suspect vehicle at the time because "that would have helped us."
ETA for anyone interested: the sheriff also speaks about the videos of the vehicles and how they came up with the descriptions

Who else would be at the bus stop.....children and their parents?
the possibility of passing cars since it would be morning, maybe? even in the rural area. i mean i'm not a criminal so idk how they would think and i know children have been taken during daytime/from bus stops but who knows what this particular perp was thinking.

So LE says "no comment" on 19 yo boyfriend. Family adamantly denies 19 yo boyfriend.

I wonder if they would deny a 19 yo in a different way? Such as a 19 yo they dont like and cant believe hes being called a "boyfriend"?

BBM
very interesting...i know we've discussed the home invasion being the only way to jayme, but her waiting at the bus stop is a good point. unless perp thought day time was just too risky.
She’s waiting for a bus. Likely means a bus driver is going to notice her missing pretty fast. Also means a bus is coming at about x time so may make a witness out of the driver and other students.... if the perp(s) knew about the school bus they were smart to avoid that time as their time to pounce on Jayme.

Keep in mind, Mark Fuhrman thought Denise was the target. I can't figure out how a theory works with that, but he must be able to so a theory is there. What could it be and still entail taking Jayme?
I wish he would elaborate on that! I cant figure that one out at all. Her as a target would be the last thing Id think of.

Keep in mind, Mark Fuhrman thought Denise was the target. I can't figure out how a theory works with that, but he must be able to so a theory is there. What could it be and still entail taking Jayme?
Someone in love with Denise and thinks she will have no reason to say no to going with him to a new life if the husband is gone and they take Jayme. Mom won’t go and he takes Jayme hostage hence the commotion. Mom finds cell dials 911 leaves it connected runs to get Jayme / plead with killer. Battery dies. Mom is shot bc she is freaking out and pleading. Perp realizes mom doesn’t love him and he’s screwed bc she can ID him. Kills mom. Takes kid. Kid may not have known the dude til later after she was taken even.

I don’t think so. What’s the point of being on the lookout if you don’t even know what you’re on the lookout for?

Yes, and limiting AA's so people don't become desensitized, apathetic or cynical. There's almost a half a million kids reported missing each year; 99% make it home safe, within hours. What happened in Jayme's case several hours after the AA report went out is affirmation. A false report had everyone looking in Miami, FL. There's still people who think she was last seen there. It's just not helpful in most cases. False reports pull valuable/limited resources away, etc.

You know....this could just be someone that saw her and decided he wanted her and determined his MO was going to be take down the parents and take her. That makes for intent and him creating his own opportunity and I think that would dictate his motive. jmo

She’s waiting for a bus. Likely means a bus driver is going to notice her missing pretty fast. Also means a bus is coming at about x time so may make a witness out of the driver and other students.... if the perp(s) knew about the school bus they were smart to avoid that time as their time to pounce on Jayme.
also a good point. and maybe it was the plan to kill james and denise all along (and thus not abduct jayme when she was alone) because this person knew if he just took jayme, james and denise would be very likely to point the finger at him to police. with them being dead, it bides him more time both with jayme and to dispose of evidence. and well, yeah it's worked for a month now, who knows how many more :\
that being said, i do believe this is a solvable crime, for sure. sadly, maybe not soon but we will eventually one day get some answers.

I dudn

So one side thinks maybe Jayme was targeted, and the other side really doesn’t?A bi tunusual that one side of th
I dudn

So one side thinks maybe Jayme was targeted, and the other side really doesn’t?
So glad they are all doing interviews now to keep this story alive. A bit unusual is they ALL weren't together for the initial press conference pleading for Jayme's return and they now chose to do separate interviews. Denise's family is displaying more anger regarding who and why and James family seems much calmer and more intent on saying it has nothing to do with James or his behavior. It must be very hard for both families and again it's great that their out there keeping Jayme's name in public.

I wonder if Mark Fuhrman just misspoke. I didn't see that interview. Could he have meant "Jayme" but said "Denise"?

OT: I went to a funeral once where the pastor kept saying "Dorothy" was this, and "Dorothy" liked that. Her name was not Dorothy. o_O:confused::rolleyes:

Well that Fox9 interview cleared up a few things. The family said all James’ guns were still in the house and accounted for after the murder...the gun that killed them was someone else’s gun. And Denise apparently talked to her sister that Sunday nite as late as 10:00 PM.

Also insisting that Jayme didn’t have an older boyfriend.

EDIT: link
Family of missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs shares story weeks after disappearance

Paul Blume also posted about Denise talking to her sister until 10:

Paul Blume
@PaulBlume_FOX9

Digging deeper into Closs family interview tonight
@FOX9
Denise Closs sister says she spoke to Denise by phone Sunday 10/14 approx 9:30-10p just hrs before murder/disappearance. All seemed normal. Says Denise didn't mention what Jayme was doing. #FindJayme

Twitter

Who else would be at the bus stop.....children and their parents?

IDK. WI locals said kids who live on HWY roads like Jayme's usually get picked up at the end of their driveway. There are no sidewalks on the HWY so it's not safe for them to walk to a "stop" and she might be the only child for miles. But then again, in Hania's case in NC there was talk of adults driving the children to a bus stop because it wasn't safe for them to walk there. So I don't know if that ever happens in WI as well. Maybe some locals here can tell us more. I think the end of the driveway makes sense with her relatives saying she would be alone waiting for the bus. The problem I see is that I think there would be a lot of traffic passing by on the HWY in the morning and a perp might not have wanted to risk being seen by so many cars. JMO.

Denise’s family “Believe” James was at work but don’t know for sure

Paul Blume
@PaulBlume_FOX9

I sat down w/ Denise Closs side of family for this interview. They *believe* James was at work that afternoon. But acknowledged they don't know that with 100% certainty. One of the issues I am working to confirm. Thx for question. #FindJayme #FindJaymeCloss

I'm grasping at straws here-- Maybe someone from Denise's high school days that was obsessed with her? Perhaps he ran into Denise and Jayme again around town and flashed back when he saw how much Jayme looked like her mom did as a teen? Maybe Denise rejected this pyschopath in the past and in his warped mind he thought he would have a second chance with Jayme? But this time maybe he was determined to make her his even if he had to kill her parents to get her....Sounds like a bad Lifetime movie to me, but it's all I can come up with for someone targeting Denise and taking Jayme. Also, I feel like I need a shower just typing that out. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member