AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the impression that the pic of the door was supposed to exhibit what buck shot would look like if fired into a door.....
Hopefully that post can be modified to make that clear, and that it is not a pic of the Closs door

The Sheriff has now confirmed that James was home that evening, due to Denise's sister's phone call around 10.00 pm. This then rules out him coming home from work late and being followed or him stumbling upon the crime. The thing that puzzles is me the whole door being kicked in scenario. If someone was doing this, trying to gain entry to the house, then why didn't James approach the door with one of his shotguns? From what LE have said he appears to have answered the door and been shot on his doorstop. I can't believe he would just open the door unarmed to someone kicking it in. Unless he knew who it was of course.

Unfortunately if you look at all the home invasions that are happening nationwide you will see many people do open their door to strangers at all times of the day or during the night or early morning hours.

I just think most never invision a home invasion is going to happen to them in their quiet neighborhood but it happens all too often.

I think they most likely went to sleep. I don't know about Barron but on a Sunday night in most small towns I'm familiar with there is not a lot open after 10 PM. Also, in Jim's sibling interview they said there were plenty of times when Jayme was alone in the mornings-- like waiting for the bus. To me that indicates Jim and Denise both worked first shift sometimes, leaving Jayme alone in the morning. IIRC the Jennie-O advertisements posted in previous threads showed 1st shift as 7 AM - 4 PM. This make sense to me that Jim probably worked those hours and then went home to watch football. Denise and Jayme left the Sunday party at 4 PM and probably went home to have dinner with James. And if they had to work at 7 AM they probably didn't stay up until after midnight-- they are not 20-somethings. JMO.

ETA: Hey, do we know what time the football game ended Sunday night? I bet they watched it. JMO.

It was Game 6. My hubs says the games usually get done between 10:30-11:00, Central Time.

Curious that we have seen pictures of a chair, storm door, mattresses, removed from the house. Also, part of the damaged/splintered inner door. Not even a covered door size object. Would LE request the media not to record the door removal? Have to believe the door would have been removed.

Perhaps media just didn't record/release that portion of film?

Curious that we have seen pictures of a chair, storm door, mattresses, removed from the house. Also, part of the damaged/splintered inner door. Not even a covered door size object. Would LE request the media not to record the door removal? Have to believe the door would have been removed.

Perhaps media just didn't record/release that portion of film?

Later photos show something like a blue sheet in the doorway. The door is gone.

I think they most likely went to sleep. I don't know about Barron but on a Sunday night in most small towns I'm familiar with there is not a lot open after 10 PM. Also, in Jim's sibling interview they said there were plenty of times when Jayme was alone in the mornings-- like waiting for the bus. To me that indicates Jim and Denise both worked first shift sometimes, leaving Jayme alone in the morning. IIRC the Jennie-O advertisements posted in previous threads showed 1st shift as 7 AM - 4 PM. This make sense to me that Jim probably worked those hours and then went home to watch football. Denise and Jayme left the Sunday party at 4 PM and probably went home to have dinner with James. And if they had to work at 7 AM they probably didn't stay up until after midnight-- they are not 20-somethings. JMO.

ETA: Hey, do we know what time the football game ended Sunday night? I bet they watched it. JMO.
Someone, I have no clue who, a long time ago said the Sunday night game got over around 10:30pm.

Unfortunately if you look at all the home invasions that are happening nationwide you will see many people do open their door to strangers at all times of the day or during the night or early morning hours.

I just think most never invision a home invasion is going to happen to them in their quiet neighborhood but it happens all too often.

I understand that OBE but i can't imagine anyone just casually opening their door at 1.00 in the morning to someone who was kicking the door in and possibly shooting bullets at it as well.

It has been a month.

Why are they just looking at videos now? With that many people originally working, would not one think this would be done right away?

Imagine some people may have been on vacation. I read somewhere that out of state cabin owners were contacted to see if they would allow property searches.

Some people could have been on a cruise or in the hospital. Who knows. But this seems late to be examining video

I understand that OBE but i can't imagine anyone just casually opening their door at 1.00 in the morning to someone who was kicking the door in and possibly shooting bullets at it as well.
I have read opinions posted here, he could have been trying to hold the door shut as it was being kicked in. Or one never knows how a person is going to respond in a situation like that.

True but we really dont know the sequence of events.

They may indeed have knocked at first and Jim did open the door slightly but was able to shut it back again if he saw they were up to no good. And that is when forced entry happened after then.

We just don't know either way but many have first opened their door and were able to shut it back causing the perps then to force entry.

Imo

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Right, but the Fox story clearly stated a door carried away seen in media footage. There is only one door that is being carried away seen in video footage and that is the glass door. That is my issue with the Fox story. There is no footage in the media showing a bullet riddled door or a door covered in bullet holes being carried away. It simply does not exist.

That does not mean that there isn't a shot up door somewhere just that there is no footage whatsoever of such a door being carried away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish LE would release more info.
People are going to lose interest... and that's not a good thing.
I feel as if I'm posting the same thoughts over and over. :(

What I don't think : Jayme isn't hiding out somewhere in the woods.
Since LE never specified this -- Jayme was not abducted.

Which leaves us with : Jayme left of her own volition ?
She is hiding with someone , willingly or maybe not ?

There have been no appeals to a kidnapper to let her go . Why ?
Wouldn't that be foremost on LE's mind ?
Something so odd about this case.

We don't know that he opened the door at all. He might have gone to see who was knocking and got mowed down by bullets through the door or they might have kicked in the door right as James got to the doorway. JMO.

Its possible, out of instinct and not thinking right, James may have been trying to hold the door closed, or he had just come inside and was trying to lock it up. Whether or not he actually answered it, idk, but if he did open it, they would have likely pushed their way in and had no reason to kick it or shoot it. moo.

It has been a month.

Why are they just looking at videos now? With that many people originally working, would not one think this would be done right away?

Imagine some people may have been on vacation. I read somewhere that out of state cabin owners were contacted to see if they would allow property searches.

Some people could have been on a cruise or in the hospital. Who knows. But this seems late to be examining video

if LE didn't get the video earlier and just now be getting to look at it there may be a lot of video that has been recycled.

I agree that without being able to see the evidence for ourselves the Fox News Story about a "bullet riddled door" seems dubious and sensationalized. However, we did have a previous story where the a family source said the door had been "shot in". The local reporters that interviewed the family members this week seem to be releasing bits of interview in drips and drabs each day to stretch it out. I'm going to withhold judgement about the door until I see if any of the family mentions it again in their interview. JMO.
(And if anyone feels compelled it might be a good idea to Tweet Paul Blume and the other reporter to ask them if the family mentioned bullet holes in the door. ;) )
Yes, we have never heard or known of any footage of the door being riddled with bullet holes. In the dispatcher log they mention the door being kicked in, so I would think they would have mentioned the bullet holes in the door. I don't find Fox to be very reliable. In the Mollie Tibbetts case they had a big story about the "red shirt" being found on the side of the road and it caused a huge amount of speculation. There was no red shirt involved at all. Jmo

I'm thinking disorganized notice the part i bolded. I'm thinking most perps are at least somewhat mixed but I think this guy is more towards the disorganized end and has gotten away thus far based on luck and on the fact that he was not well know by the family and thus not an obvious suspect.

Exactly what I think, Singe. And I'll even go a step farther...I think this suspect(s) is relatively young, early to mid 20's, knows the area well, and quite possibly even lives or works in the area. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this crime was drug fueled. Nor would I be surprised to discover that something was taken from the home and LE simply doesn't realize that yet. I also don't believe that Jayme was the target, I believe she was taken because whoever did this realized that Denise had called 911 and didn't dare risk another gunshot being heard.

All just my rather forceful opinion dejour. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member