AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesnt sound like these three were home together that often. James worked 60-80 hours a week, Denise worked, and Denise and Jayme were on the go with activities. It almost seems to me like whoever did this took the opportunity to do it when they intentionally could find all 3 at home at the same time. If only one was the target, that could have been figured out, even if not grabbing Jayme at the bus stop. They could have waited til everyone left except their target and done this exact same thing inside without having to kill extra people, and with time to spare before the others got home.
Good point. Sounds like Sunday would be the best choice for all three.

One thing from the most recent interviews that really stood out to me was James' family members saying that they wondered if James had gotten into trouble with money. Most people who get into trouble with money don't get murdered in their homes and their daughters abducted...they get collection notices.

Unless they borrow money from The Sopranos or something. ;)

It doesnt sound like these three were home together that often. James worked 60-80 hours a week, Denise worked, and Denise and Jayme were on the go with activities. It almost seems to me like whoever did this took the opportunity to do it when they intentionally could find all 3 at home at the same time. If only one was the target, that could have been figured out, even if not grabbing Jayme at the bus stop. They could have waited til everyone left except their target and done this exact same thing inside without having to kill extra people, and with time to spare before the others got home.

And less chance of that 911 call happening. That must of been a big miscalculation.

So, it could be a time convenience for unsub (a room mate away, etc.)
cover of darkness/less traffic
intentional deadly escalation/dominance
some combination, and/or some other factor

with her parents gone and her condition unknown will there be guardians appointed just in case they are needed or will that all just wait until/if she is found? I'm not thinking in terms of estate or finances, more just a adult that acts in place of the parents.
Imo, its most likely because shes a missing beneficiary. GALs are often appointed in that case. They have to prove to the court the person has been searched for.

One thing from the most recent interviews that really stood out to me was James' family members saying that they wondered if James had gotten into trouble with money. Most people who get into trouble with money don't get murdered in their homes and their daughters abducted...they get collection notices.

Unless they borrow money from The Sopranos or something. ;)

this stood out to me to.

GaL appointed/entered today: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access
Looks like they appointed a Lawyer to determine Jayme’s best interest and make recommendations to the court. I’m surprised. I would have thought Jayme would go with Denise’s sister upon her return. Not that this isn’t the plan already but I wonder if the lawyer appointed as GAL will agree or disagree with whatever plan family may have initiated? Or did I misunderstand the role of the GAL here? Why is Jim’s sister handling this? Maybe jim and Denise had a will and appointed his sister as executor? I’m not familiar with wills etc so help me if I completely messed this up!

Maybe it was dependent on the perps own schedule or the amount of traffic on the road? In the early morning there would be many cars commuting into work at the factory and school traffic. Too risky that someone would see his car. Someone else also brought up that perhaps the perp himself worka during the time Jayme was getting on the bus. If he is a local, he may have seen her standing out there on his morning commute. Taking her at night gives him time to hide her someplace and still go to work as if nothing happened. JMO.

ETA: Not to mention, the perp may have had some sick fantasy of killing her parents in order to better control Jayme. MOO.

So if it was someone who had seen her at the bus stop, it could indicate that this could well have been a random attack. If it is, so much harder to solve for LE

But then why, when asked if anything was taken from the home, did Fitzgerald reply, " Not that we know of ." I would think accounting for all the victims cellphones would be priority number one, and if one was unaccounted for, that would obviously be something missing from the home.

Again, JMO.

There was link posted tonight indicating they have all three phones-- James, Denise and Jayme's. However they might have been checking to see if anyone in the household had a hidden burner phone. That is a trick child predators sometimes get their victims to do-- purchase a burner phone to secretly text. I don't think this is likely, but if it is the case then LE should also be able to tell if an extra phone number frequently pings near their house or if an there is a device that they don't have in their possession that frequently logged onto the family wifi. They could have been looking for many things with the electronics sweep though-- Memory cards, USB drives, i-pods, old phones no longer used, old computers in storage, hidden cameras, nanny cams, trail cams, electronic bugs, etc. JMO.

I think a lot of us tend to underestimate how many people live in say a 30 mile radius of just about anywhere with enough seclusion to easily hide an abducted child or bury a body without anybody noticing anything amiss.

There was link posted tonight indicating they have all three phones-- James, Denise and Jayme's. However they might have been checking to see if anyone in the household had a hidden burner phone. That is a trick child predators sometimes get their victims to do-- purchase a burner phone to secretly text. I don't think this is likely, but if it is the case then LE should also be able to tell if an extra phone number frequently pings near their house or if an there is a device that they don't have in their possession that frequently logged onto the family wifi. They could have been looking for many things with the electronics sweep though-- Memory cards, USB drives, i-pods, old phones no longer used, old computers in storage, hidden cameras, nanny cams, trail cams, electronic bugs, etc. JMO.

Wow, lots of info I was not aware of in this post, Gardner. Thanks.

Looks like they appointed a Lawyer to determine Jayme’s best interest and make recommendations to the court. I’m surprised. I would have thought Jayme would go with Denise’s sister upon her return. Not that this isn’t the plan already but I wonder if the lawyer appointed as GAL will agree or disagree with whatever plan family may have initiated? Or did I misunderstand the role of the GAL here? Why is Jim’s sister handling this? Maybe jim and Denise had a will and appointed his sister as executor? I’m not familiar with wills etc so help me if I completely messed this up!
No, they did not appoint a guardian for Jayme. This is probate case without a will, otherwise there would be an Executor of the estate. The GAL that was appointed acts as if they were an Executor and obligated to act in the interests of the estate.

Both James and Denise have separate estates. Both James and Denise have separate probate cases. And, both James's and Denise's estates both have the same GAL appointed.

Hasn't Fitzgerald consistently said Jayme is not a suspect in this case?

If she ran away willingly with the murderer that would definitely make her one of the suspects involved imo.

Fitzgerald said they found no evidence of any boyfriend on Jayme's cell phone.

Imo Fitzgerald does not believe Jayme had any prior knowledge or involvement in any of this.

Jmo

No, they did not appoint a guardian for Jayme. This is probate case without a will, otherwise there would be an Executor of the estate. The GAL that was appointed acts as if they were an Executor and obligated to act in the interests of the estate.

Both James and Denise have separate estates. Both James and Denise have separate probate cases. And, both James's and Denise's estates both have the same GAL appointed.

would this make her a ward of the state until a guardian is appointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54