AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe LE needs to make things more public to get this solved.

But what can they make public that the public is likely to have info on? First, I am dubious they have much more, other than knowing how the crime scene looked. And with whatever they do know, it has not produced a perp or a motive. So how could the public help? If they say, i.e “ James was in such and such a position, Denise was in whatever room” how could we help? I am just not seeing what they supposedly know that the public would suddenly have sudden insight. But jm

This made me think of something, just to chew on. I work a lot. I keep to myself. My apartment is pretty much where I sleep; I don't spend a lot of time in my town.

But I am very aware of my neighbors, their family, and how frequently they're out and about or visited by other family. I'm not constantly peeping out my window, I just notice it from when I walk from my car to my door, or in reverse.

How were the Closs' neighbors so clueless?

Too many trees to see the house from the neighbors, and enough trees in front of the house that you're not going to see much driving past, at least not when the leaves are on. Given how busy the road is, it's probably not a place where you'd generally go for a walk, either. Not surprising to me that neighbors would have little contact if they moved in different social circles. Neighbors are also older, and probably associate more with people their own age rather than people they have little in common with.

This is a rural area with 10-20 acres of land between them. Very different from apartment living. Also family and friends have said the Closs family was peaceful and kept to themselves.

I understand your point of view. I live in a rural area, as well, however, despite the "apartment" aspect.

The main difference to the Short family murders and Jennifer's kidnapping/murder is the age difference.....which is why I think LE has treated this case differently
13 year old is very different than 9
Jayme could have a male interested in her who is not strictly speaking a pedophile, and/or old enough to be engaged (if innocently) with an older male...whereas with Jennifer: I don't think they had any doubt

There is another case Hannah Anderson: off top of head cannot recall her age, but older than Jayme
Family friend was the perp....killed a couple of the family members & then kidnapped Hannah after cheerleading practice (if memory serves).....

:(:(:( I hate this!
Moo
I don't hunt, but if I did, I'd steer clear of those woods. Who knows what's lingering in there.

I wish poor Jayme was already found. I know there are exceptions, and some girls do come home eventually, but it makes me cringe to think of what hell she is going through right now, if she is alive.

But what can they make public that the public is likely to have info on? First, I am dubious they have much more, other than knowing how the crime scene looked. And with whatever they do know, it has not produced a perp or a motive. So how could the public help? If they say, i.e “ James was in such and such a position, Denise was in whatever room” how could we help? I am just not seeing what they supposedly know that the public would suddenly have sudden insight. But jm

Exactly. Right now there is a person or people who have changed their behavior and routine. The Sheriff and FBI have told people what signs to look for.

"Sheriff asks hunters to look for evidence in Jayme Closs disappearance case"
Sheriff asks hunters to look for evidence in Jayme Closs disappearance case

"Barron County Sheriff asks public to look for suspicious actions"
Barron County Sheriff asks public to look for suspicious actions

Changes in Routine:
  • They will miss work. The absence will be sudden and unplanned. They may either be a “no show” or they may offer a reasonable excuse such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc.
  • They may miss scheduled appointments. These appointments or commitments may include medical appointments, a regular responsibility to a friend or family member, like caring for an elderly
    relative.
  • They may suddenly leave town, either with no explanation or with some reasonable explanation.
Changes in Normal Behavior:
  • There may be changes in their usual consumption of alcohol and/or drugs. This could be an increase or a decrease in drinking or drug use.
  • They may make a change in how they look or make it difficult to identify them, such as changing the look of their vehicle or selling or getting rid of their vehicle.
  • They may pay too much or too little attention to the progress of this investigation that seems out of the ordinary. They may try to find new information about the investigation or, they may quickly turn off the
    news and social media or try to redirect conversations about the victims or their families.
  • They may be anxious, nervous, or irritable. They may withdraw from normal activities.
The Sheriff is also looking for information about the victims Denise and James Closs.

Ancestry isn't the site they used though. Ancestry doesn't allow that type of thing. GEDMatch is the one that can be used by LE.
true, though you do have to have a test done by a company like ancestry.com or 23andme to use GEDmatch, since GED doesn't have their own test [that i'm aware of]. they just analyze your raw DNA that you upload from ancestry or 23andme

Can’t help wondering if the dog was hiding...I know we have been over this...but if she had been right there, barking, I doubt she would have survived. Dogs are the first to go, sometimes, just for doing their jobs. Ijust can’t picture where she would have been in all the chaos.
I have a Boston Terrier who is terrified of loud noises like fireworks or thunder and will run as fast as she can when she hears it and hide under the closest beds. Maybe this is why this little dog survived.

Exactly. Right now there is a person or people who have changed their behavior and routine. The Sheriff and FBI have told people what signs to look for.
this is why i'm confused/surprised the right tip hasn't been called yet. maybe perp was already a bit of a recluse and doesn't have contact with a lot of people anyways? maybe people underestimate their own perceptions and believe they could just be overthinking someone's behavior? kind of odd

The main difference to the Short family murders and Jennifer's kidnapping/murder is the age difference.....which is why I think LE has treated this case differently
13 year old is very different than 9
Jayme could have a male interested in her who is not strictly speaking a pedophile, and/or old enough to be engaged (if innocently) with an older male...whereas with Jennifer: I don't think they had any doubt

There is another case Hannah Anderson: off top of head cannot recall her age, but older than Jayme
Family friend was the perp....killed a couple of the family members & then kidnapped Hannah after cheerleading practice (if memory serves).....

Agree. IIRC:
H. Anderson, 16.
S. Groene, 8.
J. Tamayo, 9 (her mother and brother were beaten, not killed but attempted arson)
E. Sullivan, 16 (2 men killed her boyfriend and cousin)
Pettit family 11, 17, 48 (motive said to be money, but SA occurred also)
Bible/Freeman 15, 16 (motive said to be money/drug related, but SA occurred also)

None seem very similar. Some 1 perp, some 2 or more.

Last edited:
I have a Boston Terrier who is terrified of loud noises like fireworks or thunder and will run as fast as she can when she hears it and hide under the closest beds. Maybe this is why this little dog survived.

I think this is most likely the case. A family I know had their house broken into (door kicked in - not down but in) and valuables and cash stolen. Nobody was home at the time except their small terrier dog. She would growl and bark at anyone walking by usually but when they found the house like this she was nowhere to be seen. She was hiding in terror and didn’t come out until they came home. I’m sure Molly did the same. The perp may never have even known they had a dog if she hid somewhere immediately and stayed silent.

Sadly I am thinking more and more that this is a random psychopath (actual psychopath not just some nut with a drug problem or personal rage) who took advantage of the family and the location of their home. Who probably saw them out in public somewhere and wasn’t noticed by anyone, including the family. I think it was likely a very quick in and out as described by another poster further up. Less than four minutes. LE has essentially come out and stated they have almost nothing to go on.

I hope so much that Jayme is okay but sadly I think this may be a Petit family / Groene family scenario. Unthinkable and unexplainable evil. It’s the only scenario that does make sense with all the pieces. IMO.

Sigh. Damn. I really hope it was a very organized delusional perp who thinks they love her. I just don’t think it was. Praying for Jayme.

Well - yeah, even when I thought these teen gals were cruising the scene of the crime during the day, after the news had broke, I thought it a bit weird
That's why, for me, it's making my hinky-o-meter go off learning they were cruising the scene of the crime @ an hour after the police responded...
JMO
Same here. That has really been bothering me. I had wondered if Jayme had tried calling one of them for help or a ride, and they were looking for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member