AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The main difference to the Short family murders and Jennifer's kidnapping/murder is the age difference.....which is why I think LE has treated this case differently
13 year old is very different than 9
Jayme could have a male interested in her who is not strictly speaking a pedophile, and/or old enough to be engaged (if innocently) with an older male...whereas with Jennifer: I don't think they had any doubt

There is another case Hannah Anderson: off top of head cannot recall her age, but older than Jayme
Family friend was the perp....killed a couple of the family members & then kidnapped Hannah after cheerleading practice (if memory serves).....

BBM. Sorry but I disagree. Any adult who is interested in a just barely 13 year old is by definition a pedophile. Period.

But what can they make public that the public is likely to have info on? First, I am dubious they have much more, other than knowing how the crime scene looked. And with whatever they do know, it has not produced a perp or a motive. So how could the public help? If they say, i.e “ James was in such and such a position, Denise was in whatever room” how could we help? I am just not seeing what they supposedly know that the public would suddenly have sudden insight. But jm
Could they tell the public which type of gun was used? Caliber? Brand? Then people may be able to connect more dots that may not seem connected right now...?

Eg: X had a gun in that brand of that callibre. He said he was going to xyz that night. But the next day he was overtired and cranky. Looked a little more annoyed than usual. He claimed he wasn’t feeling well. He’s since stopped posting much on social media.....

Or: X had that gun and he loved it but he sold it or claimed was stolen out of his car one night. He’s been kinda odd over the last few weeks. Sleeping more or staying away longer than usual.

Something like brand and caliber could help people start to see people in their lives everyday with just a little more suspicion and make them more likely to realize something is amiss.

In regards to the full-glass storm outer door, obviously it was opened prior to shooting or glass would have been shattered. Did perp(s) open it to knock on the wood door prior to shooting? Do most storms stay open on their own or would the perp(s) have to hold it open while shooting at the wood door?
I've been trying to see what scenario would work too. I think Oceanblueyes is correct in saying that the weapon was most likely a semi-automatic handgun. I can't see how the killer could open the glass storm door and hold it open to kick the door open while holding onto a long barrel rifle or shotgun. However, I can visualize opening the storm door, holding one shoulder against it to hold it open while kicking the wooden door open while holding a handgun. More logical to me.

I don't hunt, but if I did, I'd steer clear of those woods. Who knows what's lingering in there.

I wish poor Jayme was already found. I know there are exceptions, and some girls do come home eventually, but it makes me cringe to think of what hell she is going through right now, if she is alive.
I have no problem with hunting.
I live on the edge of COE property.
I'm scared to death to go back there now.
A few years ago around the 4th of July they were looking for someone who had drowned and ended up finding a body that had been there for as long as 6 months.
Last year I was stopped at a red light and the smell of death permiated my car and my nostrils.
I knew that homeless people live under the bridge and I was just ill at the thought of someone's loved one being Dead under the bridge.
I called the non emergency# for police and turned on my scanner.
The first car that got there called for back up.
(That smell was still inside my nose and throat and I felt even sicker!)
Thank God it was just a deer that had been hit on 75 and had crawled under the bridge to die!
Lord help anyone who ever finds a body like that.
I'm pretty sure that I would never get over that!
Moo

Well Gardener1850...I agree...but, not sure an FBI profiler would...all I am saying

Same here. That has really been bothering me. I had wondered if Jayme had tried calling one of them for help or a ride, and they were looking for her.
Her phone was in the kitchen charging. Denise’s phone was used to call 911 and found closer to her body than Jame’s body, on the floor. We don’t know where Jim’s cell phone was found but we know the landline was disconnected - so... how would Jayme have called someone to pick her up / help her? Unless she had a different phone or wifi device we don’t know about yet which I would imagine is missing....?

this is why i'm confused/surprised the right tip hasn't been called yet. maybe perp was already a bit of a recluse and doesn't have contact with a lot of people anyways? maybe people underestimate their own perceptions and believe they could just be overthinking someone's behavior? kind of odd

Just one example, or two rather, the murders in Iowa and Indiana of the young girls...both cold as ice, imo. If no one knows, no one knows. Details of the actual crimes is not likely to help jog memories. I do think LE often holds back too much in the early weeks and months, thinking ahead to a trial, but in at least 1/3 of all murder cases, probably more with pleas, those trials never happen. But I struggle with what details they could release that would bring in real info.

If we knew what James’ day has consisted of...how would that help us help LE to find a perp? People closest to him likely know by now, though they do sound vague. Maybe they are meant to be vague, not sure. Jmo all of us knowing would result in 100 ways in which he could have encountered trouble, imo, and since LE does know, and it has not helped them I get stuck on how we could help (or the general public.) Yet we all want to know.

I know LE has to walk a tightrope of what to release, and always hope they are not holding back the “wrong”bits, i.e something specific about the crime that could feasibly cause someone to instantly “know” that it matches someone they know. I do think LE worries too much, at times, about keeping these bits secret in case of tips, confessions etc...but if nothing is happening for them I hope they reconsider (in all of these cases.)

Jmo sorry such a long one

Well Gardener1850...I agree...but, not sure an FBI profiler would...all I am saying

Yes, they would. There are psychological differences. There is something not right with them in the head whether they are 19 or 90. It is one reason for our laws. Look it up if you do not believe me.

Exactly. Could have been many things. Could have been an uncle's friend told the girls that he got a text from a coworker who's grandma's home health worker heard from her ex-daughter-in-law who was on her way home from work and drove by and saw 6 cop cars on US 8 not far from Anderson's Dairy Farm.
Lol

I'm wondering how well the 911 call has been cleaned up, and what else they were able to hear. Mainly I'm wondering what they heard (if the call is the reason for the change) that made them change from "We know that Jayme was there when it happened." to "We know that Jayme wasn't injured there." I can look for a link to what I'm talking about if I need to, but I think it's something someone had posted from the most recent information from the Sheriff. MOO

I have no problem with hunting.
I live on the edge of COE property.
I'm scared to death to go back there now.
A few years ago around the 4th of July they were looking for someone who had drowned and ended up finding a body that had been there for as long as 6 months.
Last year I was stopped at a red light and the smell of death permiated my car and my nostrils.
I knew that homeless people live under the bridge and I was just ill at the thought of someone's loved one being Dead under the bridge.
I called the non emergency# for police and turned on my scanner.
The first car that got there called for back up.
(That smell was still inside my nose and throat and I felt even sicker!)
Thank God it was just a deer that had been hit on 75 and had crawled under the bridge to die!
Lord help anyone who ever finds a body like that.
I'm pretty sure that I would never get over that!
Moo
Totally agree with everything you said. I was just saying that I don't hunt myself, but I have no problem with anyone that does!

yes - my point is: just because there is little DNA does not mean they were not in the house long...in fact, little DNA points to a planned event
At any rate: little DNA does not = amount of time in house necessarily if the perp(s) are smart enough to cover their heads, mouths, nose, & wear gloves...

It's certainly not a guarantee, but it's pretty difficult to be there for more than a few minutes and not leave anything.

In the words of the sheriff with 20 some years of law enforcement experience who is leading this case: If I'm in your house for 25 minutes I'm bound to touch something, leave a fingerprint, DNA, shoeprint, or whatever. If I'm only in your house for one minute, I'm probably not going to leave much evidence.

Also, it could be planned AND have happened very quickly. The two aren't mutually exclusive by any means.

Agreed! I just recently did the ancestry.com DNA test. Part of it was inspired by the serial caught.
Be sure to upload your results to the gedmatch site. That’s the site LE used. It’s an easy process and free or nominal fee I believe. Allows you to connect with matches who might have used one of the other dna sites.

Actually cluciano63 - that's part of my point: is that this isn't some 40 year old necessarily - but a young male maybe still in his teens too....

Either way though: a pedophile is attracted to a male or female who looks like a child....ie no signs of puberty...no matter how repulsive otherwise it may be...still- to a profiler not so sure 13 would be strict 'pedophile' territory..

And I sure don't mean to push buttons here....believe me: it's utterly repulsive to think of a grown man being with any 13 year old no matter how 'mature' she may look or seem etc

My point was the different ways in which the Short family murders and the Closs family murders are being dealt with: and I do think it has a great deal to do with the difference between a 13 year old and 9 year old

I forgot to ramble about the two girls in my last post, so I'll do it in a new one! If you have ever lived in the kind of small towns I have, the behavior of the girls driving by wouldn't seem so strange. In many of the small/er towns around here, and around there, there's not a lot for teens to do for fun, and just driving around (or driving around and drinking) helps to break up the boredom. Sometimes it was young "men", too young to go to bars, looking for girls, and sometimes it was the girls looking for them. It always seems like the guys/girls in another town seem more interesting when all you usually see are the same people you've been seeing most of your life. It's also a big deal when you see a police car, ambulance, firetruck, etc. because it means something different is going on, and you might have the chance to be the first one to know what it is. Cumberland is definitely that kind of place, and Barron is to an extent. I think they may have been visiting friends, or just "cruising", and on their way home when they saw all of the lights flashing. I'm guessing they were hoping to be able to figure out what was happening/had happened so they could brag to all their friends about having been there and seen - whatever they were able to see - and have everybody coming to them for the scoop.

Nothing real important, but I don't think the girls had any ulterior motives for being there. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member