AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is precisely the reason the probate is moving forward so that all necessary expenses can be paid, creditors notified credit card accounts closed .....
Yes, it's a big responsibility. The mortgage, utilities, garbage pick up, and every bill has to keep being paid. They will be responsible for selling the house if they can't keep the payments up. Imo

Well, if the family is speculating as to whether he got into money problems...
It doesn't mean that he was killed because of a debt rather..
That the money problems led him to be involved with things he otherwise might not
OR
That these things he was involved in may have caused money problems
Whatever he was involved in could be linked to their murders

Doesn't make sense to take Jayme though....not at all

Still scratch my head over Fuhrman saying that Denise was the target: did he speculate as to why Jayme was taken. You'd think if the perp had Denise as the target he'd bother to conceal his identity. Be pretty stupid not to, because then that does lead to all sorts of complications

Which is why I think this was emotional, not well thought out, and Jayme was the target - or was taken because she could recognize them (which means it was not well thought out)

I do agree that a woman would be less apt to kill a young girl and her dog. And if this was emotional....and not planned, and Jayme knew her: she'd just take Jayme
OKAY but still
Where the heck is Jayme? Where is this emotional woman keeping her for a month?
And no one in her own circle of family, friends, co-workers, etc. have a clue????

Sadly this is seeming like a thrill kill to someone who saw Denise/Jayme....maybe stalked them a bit....then went for it....

(still hoping for leads via her hospital stay....)
I’ve been meaning to ask, who is Furhman?

Sorry detective Mark fuhrman (maybe I've spelled it wrong)

Also - I understand the family's feelings

Sadly, at this point there are only two scenarios wherein I think it's some what likely that Jayme is alive:
1.). She has a 'boyfriend' - if only in his own mind
2.) An older man took her & is keeping her for himself

Her mom being Catholic, wouldn’t Jayme have godparents assigned? Not in a legal way, maybe, but would show their intentions.

Also if they did not have mortgage insurance, then wouldn’t any money they have be needed to settle debts first? Even taxes are due when a person dies...but they probably had life insurance through work, that can’t be used for debts if left to someone, as far as I know.

I will hush about it now. but without a document in place she has no guardian. she is 13 and has no legal guardian.

The court will work with the relatives to formalize an arrangement so that Jayme is cared for and all of her needs are met. She is NOT going to be left out on the street in light of all the family members who love her. Appointment of a GAL is necessitated only if a child has no next of kin, relatives do not wish to care for child or are unsuitable. In some instance courts appoint friends of the family.

It is just so hard to fathom what could be the result in either scenario. Hoping for a break soon, and glad to see the flurry of information coming out about all LE is doing to figure this out.

I've been thinking...there hasn't been any talk of DNA evidence found. I've been assuming all this time that LE didn't find any. But DNA testing takes time and many crime labs have backlogs of evidence to process. LE MIGHT have it and it is waiting to be processed. AND whatever they find LE has to eliminate the Closs's, aunts, uncles, grandfather, etc. I hoping something comes out soon. (However, with an endangered teenage girl, one would think if LE had such evidence they would fast track it since there is a chance she might still be alive.)

not to be sick but I don't know how else to say it, if she turns up half alive she needs guardians in place that instant not a week latter.

If she turns up half alive she will be taken to a hospital and be given the very best care regardless of who her legal guardian is. Even if she turns up alive and in good health she might be sent to a live-in counseling program for a few days or longer before going to her extended family. That is often what happens with trafficked teens-- they are given counseling and time to process what has happened to them. LE would not just dump her at her aunts house and a hospital isn't going to withhold life saving care because of no "on paper" guardian being present. Her surviving family will be appointed almost immediately by the hospital social workers. IMO the scenario you are suggesting is no different than if Jayme and her parents had been in a very serious car accident and her parent killed instantly while she clings to life in the hospital. Unless someone contests the person appointed there will not be an issue. They can work out the legal guardian status-- if needed-- after that. JMO.

One thing on my mind... motive.

None of the family members interviewed can think of any reason for any of the Closs family members to have been targeted for murder. There is no mysterious boyfriend and to even suggest it is hard for any of the extended family members to even contemplate.

Motive is so important, and with the surprising development in the Pike County murders, the motive was elusive, but when it came down to it, and the crime *possibly* solved, makes sense. Who could’ve known? (BTW, I did not follow that case like I do Jayme’s, but what an outcome).

So the motive is the question I wonder about. Surely LE has some leads, and all we can do is speculate. Just something I wonder about tonight. Looking forward to an updated timeline after all this new info, btw. Thanks, mountain_kat, whiskers and everyone else for all you do!

Last edited:
I will hush about it now. but without a document in place she has no guardian. she is 13 and has no legal guardian.
Trust me, it won't be a problem. If she is found alive. But after all this time it really doesn't look good. I hate to think of what has happened to her. Every time I check the thread I'm afraid it's going to be bad news and that LE has announced that a body was found. Where on earth can she be?

I've been thinking...there hasn't been any talk of DNA evidence found. I've been assuming all this time that LE didn't find any. But DNA testing takes time and many crime labs have backlogs of evidence to process. LE MIGHT have it and it is waiting to be processed. AND whatever they find LE has to eliminate the Closs's, aunts, uncles, grandfather, etc. I hoping something comes out soon. (However, with an endangered teenage girl, one would think if LE had such evidence they would fast track it since there is a chance she might still be alive.)

Definitely any DNA would be fast tracked in a case of this magnitude, and especially because there is a missing 13 year old, like you said.

DNA has been mentioned, but the nature of it not specified.

Definitely any DNA would be fast tracked in a case of this magnitude, and especially because there is a missing 13 year old, like you said.

DNA has been mentioned, but the nature of it not specified.

It's been mentioned? I missed that, but then these threads are moving so fast there are some that have opened and closed and I haven't read them.

Exactly what I think, Singe. And I'll even go a step farther...I think this suspect(s) is relatively young, early to mid 20's, knows the area well, and quite possibly even lives or works in the area. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this crime was drug fueled. Nor would I be surprised to discover that something was taken from the home and LE simply doesn't realize that yet. I also don't believe that Jayme was the target, I believe she was taken because whoever did this realized that Denise had called 911 and didn't dare risk another gunshot being heard.

All just my rather forceful opinion dejour. ;)
I know the meth theory isn't a popular one but it is the only one that makes sense to me so far.
  • Barron sheriff repeatedly speaks about the severity of the meth problem
  • Meth's affect on the brain causing explosive, violent, motiveless, and unexplainable behavior.
  • Meth related arrests so close to the Closs home. Anger or retaliation but wrong house? Many here have had a hard time finding it using the address and google maps. The shortness of time it took to kill 2 people and abduction/kidnapping of Jayme?
  • And even though it experience may not make sense to others, I can't forget the cases I was involved on the court side. Some are almost like drive-thru murders or a shadow passing in the night. They were hard to solve. No connection to the victim. Random. Violent. No motive. None of the usual footprints left for LE to follow.
  • JMO: the above could explain many of the unknowns in this case. Or not. In no way am I being flippant but this case is the 1st time that old mystery "guess who done" game comes to mind. Over and over again.
Even with those thoughts it is still just a hunch based on a few general facts. As far as age? I wouldn't be surprised at 15, 25, 40, or 70. Statistics place the age as older but this case doesn't fit with statistical info.

Furman felt if Jam
That the money problems led him to be involved with things he otherwise might not
OR

Still scratch my head over Fuhrman saying that Denise was the target: did he speculate as to why Jayme was taken. You'd think if the perp had Denise as the target he'd bother to conceal his identity. Be pretty stupid not to, because then that does lead to all sorts of complications

Which is why I think this was emotional, not well thought out, and Jayme was the target - or was taken because she could recognize them (which means it was not well thought out)

I do agree that a woman would be less apt to kill a young girl and her dog. And if this was emotional....and not planned, and Jayme knew her: she'd just take Jayme
OKAY but still
And no one in her own circle of family, friends, co-workers, etc. have a clue????

Sadly this is seeming like a thrill kill to someone who saw Denise/Jayme....maybe stalked them a bit....then went for it....

(still hoping for leads via her hospital stay....)

Furman said if James had been the target
OR

OKAY but still

(still hoping for leads via her hospital stay....)QUOTE
Furman said if James was the target, the killer would have left, but because he went after Denise, he felt she was the target. As to Jayme, no idea.

S
It's been mentioned? I missed that, but then these threads are moving so fast there are some that have opened and closed and I haven't read them.

The mentions of DNA has been in the media- all that to say, as plenty of posters have mentioned, not sure what to make of it.

They’ve taken DNA samples. Everyone has cooperated, Fitzgerald said.

'There isn't a lot of evidence here': Investigators regroup to review leads in Jayme Closs mystery

The collected DNA samples may only be for an investigatory standpoint to rule out responders to the crime scene and innocents, or as collection in case additional evidence works to identify the suspect(s). Not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01