AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The attack could have taken place in less than a minute. As James went to see what was up at the door (heard them opening the storm door) Denise went to the kitchen to get her cell phone.

The door is breached and James is shot.

As Denise is furiously dialing she is shot in the kitchen. The call goes through but she has already fallen.

Without noticing the perp goes to Jamye’s room. The muffled sounds of the perp grabbing Jayme are heard on the 911 call.

When they leave he notices the phone and disconnects before stepping over James on the way out.

Sounds like a pro.
there must be something on that call that made LE think suicide over accident call. I don't understand muffled sounds that they can tell nothing about leads to thinking suicide.

The first officer on the scene reported that he thought it was a possible suicide. He approached the door to the home, and there lies poor Mr. Closs with a terrible head wound. Perhaps the office has had previous experience dealing with suicides? At any rate, he radios it in to dispatch, and that is, I believe, the first time that suicide is mentioned.

The first officer on the scene reported that he thought it was a possible suicide. He approached the door to the home, and there lies poor Mr. Closs with a terrible head wound. Perhaps the office has had previous experience dealing with suicides? At any rate, he radios it in to dispatch, and that is, I believe, the first time that suicide is mentioned.
I’d also guess that Barron Co LE encounters many more suicides than homicides in their line of work.

so the 911 call was just classified as hang up. then when the feet were seen they first thought suicide then they found second person and no firearm then knew it was no suicide. right order again?

so the 911 call was just classified as hang up. then when the feet were seen they first thought suicide then they found second person and no firearm then knew it was no suicide. right order again?

That part didn’t make sense. If the arriving officer(s) initially thought suicide, why? The door being ajar, (wasn’t it ajar?) would signify an entry of some sort vs suicide.

I'm sure that they are speaking of any registered guns. Could be that he had guns that that were not registered.

Not sure if this has been answered yet, as I skipped ahead.

I legally own about a dozen guns, all but one an FFL purchase, and not a single one is registered. Most states do not require guns to be registered including WI and I don't know of anyone who has ever registered one. However, if James just had hunting rifles and not been a collector/enthusiast, it's quite possible he may have only had two or three and family/friends would be more likely to know.

RSBM

I have an almost 13 year old and a 15 year old. Phones are turned into myself and hubby at the end of the day. We know the passwords and kids know we occasionally browse through their phones. There’s just too much temptations and dangers out there for kids today. Also, this is a pretty popular procedure with my friends and their kids.

Thanks for answering my question. I wasn't sure if it was pretty normal for parents to have access to kids' phones. I don't look at my kids' stuff, but they know that I can at any time. I can see every app they download though, so it's pretty easy to keep tabs that way.

Well, no way for any of us to know, and it can’t be confirmed without a direct quote from the Sheriff or one of his staff, but it sure seems like it was Denise from the vantage point we have now. (My opinion).

I also think about how with new information, which should not be taken lightly, opinions can change. But that’s where I am leaning right now. Denise made the call.

Think, this was likely a fast moving crime scene. I have read from victims of crimes, the crime seems to go in slow motion when remembering.

In the fast sequence, whoever made the 911 call acted so quickly, and was very brave. I lean toward Denise, but there is no way to know based on the evidence, even after the release of new information recently.

I think it's likely Denise made the call as well. Her phone made the call and it's far more likely she had it near her or with her when it all started.

I've been thinking about how it all could have happened and I wondered if it's possible if one or both woke up to a noise, but not someone kicking down the door like I had originally pictured. If they heard someone talking (if there was more than one person involved) or heard a car pull into the driveway, then I could picture James walking out to the living room and checking it out. Maybe he stood there for a while waiting to see if he heard anything else or if the vehicle pulled back onto the highway. If they left the vehicle running or there was a getaway driver, he may have been more focused on the car rather than anyone walking up to the door. Maybe Denise got a little concerned that he wasn't returning to the bedroom and yelled or walked in and that started the whole thing in motion. If James was shot through the door, Denise would have had a few seconds to run and grab her phone and start dialing 911. Or grab her phone and head towards Jayme's room before dialing 911. Whether she was shot before or after the call, I don't know. I'm just hoping the tight timeline is right and all of this happened quickly. There's a slight fear in the back of my mind that the neighbor was right about the time they heard the shots and it was James/the door being shot and they didn't hear the shots inside the house 20 minutes later.

Looking at that driveway three things strike me right away.

First is you don't just pull in there in the middle of the night by accident. If you were going 55 down the rd you need to know that driveway is there to make that turn.

Second- if you pull in, the gravel makes a lot of noise and the dog would have barked- bonus points if your lights were on; you can't sneak up on that spot if you drive in

Third- you are going to leave tire impressions
^^^^^ This!

maybe headlights shinned across their bedroom window even and alerted them to car in drive. I don't know so many pieces with no way to make them all fit. cant make even one part of the picture all fit. moo

Looking at that driveway three things strike me right away.

First is you don't just pull in there in the middle of the night by accident. If you were going 55 down the rd you need to know that driveway is there to make that turn.

Second- if you pull in, the gravel makes a lot of noise and the dog would have barked- bonus points if your lights were on; you can't sneak up on that spot if you drive in

Third- you are going to leave tire impressions
Not sure tires on gravel are going to leave much of an impression... As for the rest of it, does it really matter to the assailants if somebody hears them pull in? They’re just going to kill them anyway.

The attack could have taken place in less than a minute. As James went to see what was up at the door (heard them opening the storm door) Denise went to the kitchen to get her cell phone.

As Denise is furiously dialing she is shot in the kitchen. The call goes through but she has already fallen.

Without noticing the perp goes to Jamye’s room. The muffled sounds of the perp grabbing Jayme are heard on the 911 call.

When they leave he notices the phone and disconnects before stepping over James on the way out.

Sounds like a pro. IMO
I think you hit the nail on the head the way this went down.
Not sure on classifying this as a “pro” however.

If Denise made the call any chance LE telling us this could put Jayme in more danger? If so, why? The perp(s) surely know someone called LE by now even if they may not have in the moment. So aside from holding it back to ensure rooting out false tips, what difference does it make to tell us this info?

If someone confesses then LE can ask him "who called 911?" If he answers incorrectly he might be a false confessor. Or if LE is interviewing a strong suspect, LE may trick the person into saying who called 911 or where the phone was located in the house. LE may very well know the answer but never underestimate a suspect's eagerness to "correct" something LE says that is "wrong" in an interview. It is also possible a suspect will be carelessness and let some detail slip that they could only know if they were there. These are some reasons LE wants to hold as much back as possible. The public knowing who called 911 doesn't help find Jayme. LE knowing the details may help bring her abductor to justice if he is ever interviewed as a suspect. JMO.

Sounds like a pro. IMO

This (or something similar) seems most likely to me now, based on what we know. It's the simplest and most logical explanation.

with no petition to the court how do they become her legal guardian? I would assume there would be no issues if they filed.
In what state in the USA would such a petition be open source records for some stranger to nose through? Custody and guardianship should be matters for the Family Court, and none of the public's business at all. The family has most likely sought the advice of an attorney by now and are following his guidance through all these processes. The family seems quite solid.

Here is the latest news article. It states that Jayme’s cell phone was on the kitchen counter plugged in. Items removed from the house by LE were a mattress, a chair, and a door. The removal of a mattress is interesting because of what they hope to find on it. I think it’s possible the person(s) responsible for the murders and abduction arrived before the husband returned home that evening. He might have been the one to have kicked in door. Another article this evening said there were shoelaces or some type of string hanging from the chair that LE took with them. It’s possible someone was tied to the chair at one point during the crime. Also, it possible that something happened on the mattress that left visible stains. Taking Jayme would suggest that she was the motive for the crime, and perhaps she suffered something done to her on the bed before she was abducted. My thought is she was taken in part to help cover up crime evidence. New Video Surveillance Search Expanded, Electronic Device Detecting K-9 Used in Jayme Closs Search

Another thought: Whoever did it, they'd spent some time watching the house, I'll bet. No one is going to pull up to a random house and start blasting. They knew who was in the house, they knew exactly who they were after, they might even have had an idea of the internal layout of the place. There's another road to the north of the property, by the dairy. You could park your car there, and walk through the woods, watch the house, get an idea of the schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member