AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone is free to think what they want. I have no intent to stand in your way of thinking as you wish, I would like to be afforded the same freedom though.

Of course. Everyone here can think what they want.

That’s how you build a strong theory — offer it to others and see where they can poke holes in it. Then you defend your theory. If it can hold up to criticism, then it’s probably a pretty good one. If not, then maybe it needs some recalibrating.

There’s nothing wrong with offering a theory that others think is wrong. People just need to be willing to hear criticisms of their theory, not take it personally, and not get stuck in their ways even when the evidence doesn’t support them.

This case has even seasoned LE professionals stumped. Not an easy one at all.

I don't understand why we can post interviews from family but not other articles about family. what I would like to post is not social media, it is a news article, but it dates to before the crime so I don't think I can post it.

They can pull lists of who is pinging on a given tower. However, they cannot access call records, texts, etc without a warrant.

There is one regulated tower in Barron close to the crime scene. Just about everyone in Barron would be pinging on the same tower (except those on the outskirts that may fall closer to another tower) 98% of the time phones ping to the closest tower. Problem is the other 2% can be random and can ping to any tower within about 300 miles. LE is getting away from using pings as primary evidence as more cases that have done so are overturned. It can be good supporting evidence but not enough to prove anything by itself in most cases.

Edit to add: Pings are of most value in crime cases where there are many towers and you can get an idea of someones movement or limit their location via triangulation and / or place a suspect where they claim they weren’t. (Ie you said you were at home and your ping shows you were in the remote backwoods). They are of little value if you don’t have a specific suspect or body / crime location in mind.
A cell phone radio transmitter - the cell phone itself - only has a range of about 45 miles. However, because of the time it takes for the radio signal to travel to the tower it won't be able to meet the protocol timings of the phone system which brings the effective range to about half of that or 22 miles.

Speaking of those booties, they had just popped into my mind too. Of course, the turkey plant would be a major user of these booties. Not that an employee might slip a few pairs into their jacket. . .

IMO this was a well planned operation. While it seems like there were two perps, I think back to the Mansion Murder trial that just concluded where one person held four people hostage for something like 18 hours before he murdered them. Just pointing out, that planned correctly, one person may be all we are looking for.

ETA: Daron Wint was the murderer.
I’m interested in these theories about the booties/shoe covers...but I missed hearing anything about there being no footprints. Was that actually reported? Seems like even the booties could leave a certain print.
While taking a little break, I regained confidence that this will be solved and still have a little bit of hope for Jayme. I’m also thinking two perps again, as I was earlier. And still feeling some female involvement, not from Jayme, but something along the lines of what Fuhrman said about Denise being targeted. Not a fan of Fuhrman, but something there made sense. Motive doesn’t have to be about only one person either, does it?

Sheriff said the perp was probably only in the house for a few minutes. He’s pretty clear about that. Has said it multiple times

If you are thinking that a portion of the crime happened outside or at another location, then I suppose it could have taken longer in total

Did he really say it multiple times? I only heard it the one time, during the radio interview (sorry I don’t have a link, and I don’t remember the station)...he said something to the effect of “being in there for 4 minutes”, but then right after that it almost sounded as though he was correcting himself, or kind of backtracking from that, explaining that they arrived in 4 minutes after being dispatched.

Maybe I should go listen to the interview again, as now I’m wondering if I missed other articles because you said that the sheriff said it multiple times.
I may be wrong in my impression, but I kind of thought he misspoke in a way. I mean, I know he said right after that about how if the perp was in the house 25 min, there would be more evidence left, as opposed to being inside for a minute or so. But I don’t really think he meant 4 minutes literally...I think he said 4 minutes because that number has been reported and written about so many times. I feel like that “4 minutes” has just become a part of the story, much like the 2 shots fired...even though we have no factual information on that.

It might very well be that it was only 4 minutes, but how could he possibly know that for sure? I don’t see how any of us can be clear on that at this point.

Did he really say it multiple times? I only heard it the one time, during the radio interview (sorry I don’t have a link, and I don’t remember the station)...he said something to the effect of “being in there for 4 minutes”, but then right after that it almost sounded as though he was correcting himself, or kind of backtracking from that, explaining that they arrived in 4 minutes after being dispatched.

Maybe I should go listen to the interview again, as now I’m wondering if I missed other articles because you said that the sheriff said it multiple times.
I may be wrong in my impression, but I kind of thought he misspoke in a way. I mean, I know he said right after that about how if the perp was in the house 25 min, there would be more evidence left, as opposed to being inside for a minute or so. But I don’t really think he meant 4 minutes literally...I think he said 4 minutes because that number has been reported and written about so many times. I feel like that “4 minutes” has just become a part of the story, much like the 2 shots fired...even though we have no factual information on that.

It might very well be that it was only 4 minutes, but how could he possibly know that for sure? I don’t see how any of us can be clear on that at this point.
You’ve got it exactly right. And in reality, whether the assailants were in the house for 4 minutes or 25 minutes, it’s still a very short time.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/barron+county+call+log.pdf

I don't understand the call at 09:40. does anyone else understand it?

if it had been incomeing to him like to notify I would understand. I don't understand why it would be called in at that time? I also don't understand if it is simply saying he called the sheriff dept or if it was a 911 call.

Not trying to shout anyone down.
Only trying to remind people what the sheriff said because some comments here seem to completely disregard his statements or make it sound like it’s open to interpretation when it’s not. Just trying to help keep us on track.
I find it very odd that some seem to give more credence to a news report with no validation by LE over words directly from the sheriff’s mouth. To each their own

I just listened to an hour long interview with the sheriff from Nov 9th in which he states "They were probably only in that residence for four minutes".... "or you know, we were there in four minutes and they were gone. And and we haven't talked a lot about that but... They were gone. Four minutes later we were there. And so, um, I don't know that they ..... if I'm in your house for 25 minutes I'm bound to touch something, leave a fingerprint, DNA, shoe print...whatever...and if I'm only in your house one minute today, you know, I'm probably not going to leave as much evidence. "

That's straight from his mouth, word for word.

People are going to take that how they wish. Personally, I'm not seeing a lot of conviction there. I'm also not seeing him presenting it as hard fact. I'm ALSO leaning toward the 4-8 minute time line but I don't think it's way out of left field to consider that it may have been longer.

EDITED TO ADD: I have the link but I'm not sure if local radio shows are considered MSM or not.

CNN.com - Transcripts
I don’t think I’ve seen the boat discussed, forgive me if it has been.
I thought I had read something about the neighbor talking about being out at his boat with his dog but couldn’t find it again searching. It was in a video lol. Just read this transcript and it’s there.
SMREKAR: “No, and I don`t sleep well at night and I was about at the boat. 1:00 --ish and our dog was on the porch and he was doing some light noises”

Is he saying he was out with the dog around 1ish yet heard or noticed nothing??

I just listened to an hour long interview with the sheriff from Nov 9th in which he states "They were probably only in that residence for four minutes".... "or you know, we were there in four minutes and they were gone. And and we haven't talked a lot about that but... They were gone. Four minutes later we were there. And so, um, I don't know that they ..... if I'm in your house for 25 minutes I'm bound to touch something, leave a fingerprint, DNA, shoe print...whatever...and if I'm only in your house one minute today, you know, I'm probably not going to leave as much evidence. "

That's straight from his mouth, word for word.

People are going to take that how they wish. Personally, I'm not seeing a lot of conviction there. I'm also not seeing him presenting it as hard fact. I'm ALSO leaning toward the 4-8 minute time line but I don't think it's way out of left field to consider that it may have been longer.

Perfect! You explained that twice as good as I could, in half the words it took me :)
And thank you muchly for transcribing his words...that was very helpful!

CNN.com - Transcripts
I don’t think I’ve seen the boat discussed, forgive me if it has been.
I thought I had read something about the neighbor talking about being out at his boat with his dog but couldn’t find it again searching. It was in a video lol. Just read this transcript and it’s there.
SMREKAR: “No, and I don`t sleep well at night and I was about at the boat. 1:00 --ish and our dog was on the porch and he was doing some light noises”

Is he saying he was out with the dog around 1ish yet heard or noticed nothing??
BBM
Not important, but I don't think the person who transcribed that was familiar with the Wisconsin accent. I'm pretty sure that what he said was, "I was up at about 1:00 ish..." MOO

Last edited:
I’m interested in these theories about the booties/shoe covers...but I missed hearing anything about there being no footprints. Was that actually reported? Seems like even the booties could leave a certain print.
While taking a little break, I regained confidence that this will be solved and still have a little bit of hope for Jayme. I’m also thinking two perps again, as I was earlier. And still feeling some female involvement, not from Jayme, but something along the lines of what Fuhrman said about Denise being targeted. Not a fan of Fuhrman, but something there made sense. Motive doesn’t have to be about only one person either, does it?

I was certain there had to be some footprints... and that would at least give a clue to size/height...

Then watched the full 57 minute interview with sheriff... where he answers random questions... about halfway threw he says you’d hope for fingerprints or shoe prints but no.. I was stunned at that..

Made me think booties on shoes or perp simply never even set foot in house..you would think fibers on booties would be left or leave a weird imprint... makes me think never a step in house...

Shooting 2 in entryway is conceivable..
Getting jayme to walk out of house and go with perp without entry makes me think at the least jayme knows perp... Or makes my head hurt cause I don’t want this perp to get away with it...Or dexter moved to baron wi.

I do not suspect family of nothing. I suspect someone connected to family, with family having no part aside from being kind.

Anyway I do not make rules lol...was just saying what I thought to be policy here. Just my opinion as always.

Whatever we find I feel sure L.e already knows. But one can always submit a tip if they come across something that could be important and possibly overlooked...jmo

You’ve got it exactly right. And in reality, whether the assailants were in the house for 4 minutes or 25 minutes, it’s still a very short time.

And either way, they still did not leave evidence, apparently. I think that fact is what mystified and baffled the sheriff. He could not understand how nothing would be left behind if he or they had been inside for any length of time. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member