AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great piece of digging Mistermagoo! That photo certainly suggests how the perp could have killed Mr. Closs very quickly. The perp pounds on the door, screaming about a terrible car crash on the highway. Mr. Closs looks through the window in the door, and the perp shoots him through the window. Next step, kick in the door. Mrs. Closs had probably already started dialing 911 and the perp shot her. Maybe he knows the house, goes straight to Jayme's room, grabs her, subdues her, then out the door to his vehicle. Total time in residence, a few minutes.

All of the above is quite possible. But why would someone, who wants to take a 13 yr old, do it the hard way like that?
Aren't there easier ways to grab her? After school, when he folks are at work? Or earlier, when the husband was not home?

Seems like such an aggressive, violent way to grab her. What was that all about? Was killing the parents part of what he wanted to do?

Not if their breaking into my house. And they would probably kill me anyway.
So, what are you saying I should do. Maybe I'll change my plan..lol

I am simply talking about going to a door late at night. The perp knows what they are going to do. Kill you. Or it could be an innocent neding help.

You have no way of knowing.

All of the above is quite possible. But why would someone, who wants to take a 13 yr old, do it the hard way like that?
Aren't there easier ways to grab her? After school, when he folks are at work? Or earlier, when the husband was not home?

Seems like such an aggressive, violent way to grab her. What was that all about? Was killing the parents part of what he wanted to do?

Just speculation on my part but killing the parents at 1 a.m. buys you time. If you are lucky no one will notice anyone missing for seven or eight hours. You could be three hundred miles away. The 911 call was, for the perp, a piece of bad luck.

Now that I'm thinking about motive, I think the motive was to prevent anyone in that family who could talk (which excludes the dog), from EVER talk about what the killer wanted them to shut up about.

And I think Jayme was taken in stead of killed because the killer thought it would be a waste to kill a young innocent girl. But that's just my thoughts.

I honestly don't get where this idea comes from where a murderer, who just killed 2 people, would have a problem killing a teenager. An infant/toddler possibly. They couldn't identify, or testify against them.

It takes someone without morals or values to shoot 2 people, multiple times for any reason... I doubt they would suddenly feel bad about killing a teenager.

It is my opinion that whoever this was came to take Jayme. For whatever reason they had in their mind. That is why Jayme was kidnapped, her parents killed, and nothing but Jayme was taken from that house.

It is the only thing at this point that makes any real sense... Again this is only my opinion...

Almost seems like LE is going by the mantra "Solve the murders to find the girl", meaning that they don't seem to be outwardly/publicly and aggressively looking for Jayme like they would pretty much any other missing adolescent in this context (and like they were in the beginning), but rather waiting to examine lab or other evidence from the crime scene to see if they can identify potential perpetrators. If this is the case, then they perhaps think she is either deceased or not wanting to be found, the latter of which would indicate an involvement of some kind, albeit likely groomed and/or coerced.

Also, the sudden shift from an outward/public appeal by LE to the now more 'under the radar' approach could also indicate that they have already received and examined the crime scene evidence and that they now know who likely did this and are building a case.

I also find it interesting that they haven't been pleading for more information about those 2 vehicles of late. And - if I recall correctly - even when they were pleading for information about them, they were just wanting information on where/when sightings and not identities.

JMO.

I honestly don't get where this idea comes from where a murderer, who just killed 2 people, would have a problem killing a teenager. An infant/toddler possibly. They couldn't identify, or testify against them.

It takes someone without morals or values to shoot 2 people, multiple times for any reason... I doubt they would suddenly feel bad about killing a teenager.

It is my opinion that whoever this was came to take Jayme. For whatever reason they had in their mind. That is why Jayme was kidnapped, her parents killed, and nothing but Jayme was taken from that house.

It is the only thing at this point that makes any real sense... Again this is only my opinion...

One of my thoughts is that they may have taken Jayme for use as a hostage during their escape should they encounter any LE. She would have been of more use to them alive at that point. Just a theory of mine. MOO.

If Jayme was the intended target to kidnap, it just seems like there were much easier ways to abscond her. Then again, this isn’t a rational person. Aside from the “rescuer” delusion, I just keep going back to some grievance with the parents. Given their long work hours and tenure with the plant, I keep going back to work related.

Amateur speculation and opinion

There could be many reasons they would hesitate to kill her. She is a kid after all so not so much of a threat. She might look like someone the killer knows (daughter, niece, sister). Her body language (crying, cowering) would make her a non-threat and possibility elicit sympathy despite the fact they had just murdered two people. Military/police tactics were brought up and wouldn't part of that be to take out the threats (adults) and round up the unarmed/non-threats (Jayme)?
I think the neighbors are wrong in their stating the time of the shots. I have said before its possible their clock was set wrong or they remembered incorrectly. It hasn't been reported that they tried to call 911 when they heard the shots so while it may have woken them up or caused them to take note of the general time it wasn't significant enough to elicit concern at that time. It probably wasn't until the cops came to question them that they even knew there was anything going on so then they have to try and remember when they heard the shots. I know I will get up to go to bed and after I have brushed my teeth and washed my face and whatever else I won't realize how much time has gone by since I looked at the clock and decided it was time for bed.
One of my thoughts is that they may have taken Jayme for use as a hostage during their escape should they encounter any LE. She would have been of more use to them alive at that point. Just a theory of mine. MOO.
I had proposed that theory a while back. It might make more sense if there were more than one person committing the crime. "No take her with us in case the cops catch up to us." or "No I can't shoot a kid we should just take her with us and decide what to do."
If Jayme was the intended target to kidnap, it just seems like there were much easier ways to abscond her. Then again, this isn’t a rational person. Aside from the “rescuer” delusion, I just keep going back to some grievance with the parents. Given their long work hours and tenure with the plant, I keep going back to work related.

I read someone made the commit that James and Denise where married or with other people when they met at work. Was that ever decided to be true or not?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
I wish all of us would email the Jayme tipline and tell these cops to give out info to the public to SOLVE this. Noone there, in Barron, seems to tell them this, weird. Nothing is happening. zero, nada. Give them a clue for pete's sake. Someone knows something.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree! I think it was someone from that plant they worked at. LE said they talked to people there? Well they need to "investigate" all of them.

Almost seems like LE is going by the mantra "Solve the murders to find the girl"
It’s worth noting that the abduction happened entirely in a four minute window at the tail end of this crime, and I really can’t think of a whole lot of physical evidence that would have been added to the mix in those final four minutes. The murders, on the other hand, could very well have taken place over a 25 minute period and produced all of the evidence we’ve discussed (and quite probably more evidence that LE hasn’t disclosed). It makes sense to me that if you solve one you’ll solve the other, and barring the discovery of Jayme or her remains the murders certainly appear to have a more favorable path to being solved.
I had proposed that theory a while back. It might make more sense if there were more than one person committing the crime. "No take her with us in case the cops catch up to us." or "No I can't shoot a kid we should just take her with us and decide what to do."
I don’t discuss my own theory publicly only because I seem to ignite a firestorm every time I do, but I still absolutely believe this was a three man team (two assailants and one driver/lookout) and there were others involved in the planning and execution. I don’t think the assailants realized there was a child in the house and didn’t have any idea what they were supposed to do.

That could be a possibility. Though it doesn't bode well for Jayme once she was no longer needed.

Every part of my being wants Jayme to be found alive. At least if she was the motive behind all of this, then maybe she still has a chance. Like I said previously. If she is seen as a possible partner or wife in this twisted perpetrators mind. Then there is still hope. Until she is found otherwise I have to hold onto that hope.

Like everyone else here I can only speculate the "What's, Why's, and How's". I do that with the very little information we have, with information I have learned about these types of crimes, and with my view on common sense. (Which differs between people because we all have had different experiences.)

I pray that there is some resolution in this case very soon. It breaks my heart thinking about what Jayme, her family, LE, and the community must be going through.

I think you should change your plan. Most states don’t have much leniency for warning shots. Other than that I think your plan’s good.
I live in Texas and some may think our laws are lenient, but I believe they are logical. Truth is I only know I would not go to the door late night or early morning without a way to protect myself. I don't believe James Closs would either unless he knew the people at the door.
I just pray I never have to face that situation. A very scary thing.

I have NOT been following this case from the beginning so it’s entirely possible I missed something. But is it possible James didn’t go and open the door? Is it possible that someone started kicking the door in and he rushed to it to see what was happening and made it there around the time the door was finally kicked in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895