AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it odd, that the neighbors heard the gunshot, and did not call the police. I know that they voluntarily had their house searched by officers.

It just seems "off" to me.

If I heard 2 gunshots at 12:00 am, in my neighborhood, you bet I would call the police in a heartbeat.
They said that it was common for people to hunt in the woods by their home and even shoot at bear to run them off.. If you live in a neighborhood where there is alot of hunting activity or out of the city hearing gun shots isn't always something to make you think its at another human. There are lots of reasons why someone may be firing a gun in the middle of the night

Hunting what at 1:30 a.m.??? Here in Texas that's highly illegal!! Called spot lighting and if caught, you go to jail.
illegal yes but common? also yes... and not something the general person will call the police for... usualy spotlighters will be gone by the time the police arrive if someone does call

BBM.

That is the crux of the point right there. In your neighborhood it may be out of the ordinary. There is a lot of rural space in the USA, and a large portion of the people who live there are used to gunshots at all hours of the day/night - most all of which are not nefarious at all.
However, the neighbors told law enforcement the shots in question were unusually loud.

I wonder if anyone has looked at food delivery drivers in the area... with both parents doing factory work and a daughter that is involved in sports and dancing I wouldn't be surprized if there was alot of pizza or take out on the menu from time to time. I know with my husband and my schedule and my kids schedules sometimes ordering out is so much easier. A driver that routinely goes to their house may observe the layout and the outside and the families schedule... (if they order late at night, if its usually just mom or dad or both home etc.) Also a delivery person wouldn't look out of place driving by multiple times at odd hours if they wanted to check out the place and observe a pattern.

Except for serving on jury duty the last couple of days, I have been here since thread 1 and if I am not mistaken (feel free to correct me if I am), this is the first time I have seen this scenario thrown out for discussion. It certainly is a very interesting angle to look at in a very (seemingly) stagnant investigation. Bravo, JRW.

However, the neighbors told law enforcement the shots in question were unusually loud.
I've thought this for a long time, but never posted it. And I hope someone more knowledgeable than me will confirm it.
I can tell the difference in the sound of a shotgun or a rifle. They sound different and the number of rounds fired are different sequences. The same is true of a hand gun.

Apparantly the way the perp left the house with Jayme was not loud enough or weird enough for the neighbours to have been startled or woken up. So no yelling, screaming, squeaking tires?

Even if they had fallen asleep. The dog didn't wake them up either.

Man, I keep going back and forth with different theories. A week ago, I was convinced that it was a stranger who wanted Jayme and went in and killed the family and took her, kind of like Joseph E Duncan/ Shasta Groene. I have been doing A LOT of research and even following rumors from other sites. I have read from the beginning what a problem drugs and meth were in the area and could never see just a random crime like this ( why take Jayme? ). I'm really starting to wonder and actually have thoughts that I cannot post here about Either James or Denise knowing something or reporting something that has a drug connection.

I wonder if anyone has looked at food delivery drivers in the area... with both parents doing factory work and a daughter that is involved in sports and dancing I wouldn't be surprized if there was alot of pizza or take out on the menu from time to time. I know with my husband and my schedule and my kids schedules sometimes ordering out is so much easier. A driver that routinely goes to their house may observe the layout and the outside and the families schedule... (if they order late at night, if its usually just mom or dad or both home etc.) Also a delivery person wouldn't look out of place driving by multiple times at odd hours if they wanted to check out the place and observe a pattern.

Good thinking. Unfortunately, finding food delivery in rural areas is almost non-existent. I did a quick look-up of restarants and it appears there’s only a pizza place Barron that delivers. (There are not that many restaurants.) Most places offer call ahead take-out but that’s about it. It’s possible that restaurants in surrounding areas (Rice Lake, Cameron, Turtle Lake may deliver). I didn’t look up those areas.

Just finished reading this weeks Barron newspaper-my last week till my online subscription runs out Was amazed at the number of drug related arrests. Also saw on Dec 12th the Jennie O store and the school district Jayme attended are holding "tree of hope" ceremony to show support for bringing Jayme home. Sheriff Fitzgerald will speak at the ceremony

Apparantly the way the perp left the house with Jayme was not loud enough or weird enough for the neighbours to have been startled or woken up. So no yelling, screaming, squeaking tires?

Even if they had fallen asleep. The dog didn't wake them up either.
Maybe Jayme didn't scream? Maybe the dog didn't bark? But even if they did, the houses are quite a distance apart and separated by trees. Maybe it just wasn't loud enough to hear.

Hi all.
I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to set up an account.

One thing I have been considering is if Jayme was conscious during the abduction... More clearly no neighbors reported any further noises or distrubances after the two inital shots. I can only assume a young girl after hearing her parents die would scream? And from my understanding Jayme was likely carried out the front door right by her father and she didn't make a noise? I know I would have broke everything in that house to either get free or bring more attention to the house, inside and out. Maybe [sadly] her struggles weren't loud enough as well...

So maybe they knocked Jayme out before they took her out of the house?

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it odd, that the neighbors heard the gunshot, and did not call the police. I know that they voluntarily had their house searched by officers.

It just seems "off" to me.

If I heard 2 gunshots at 12:00 am, in my neighborhood, you bet I would call the police in a heartbeat.

I live in Rural WI. I would not call, or even think twice, if I heard 2 gunshots-unless there was also screaming/more commotion. It is not at all uncommon to hear random shots. People shoot at pest creatures (raccoons, possums, even a bear) that may be going after chickens. Or, if someone hits/injures a deer, it may be shot out of mercy. Or, I would assume it was a rogue illegal hunter which isn't out of the ordinary. I am so far out in the middle of nowhere, that calling the cops would useless-the hunter would be long gone.

I used to live in town. I WOULD call if I heard gunshots there. But in the middle of farmland nowhere? No way. I feel like even if I did call the cops, they wouldn't be concerned about it. They may be obligated to come check, but they wouldn't be racing over with sirens on.

I know it's a common theory that Jayme was the target, however consider this scenario. Guy shows up with intention of a robbery. James is shot at the door. Denise is shot seconds later as he enters the home. He hears a scream and runs to find Jayme in her bed. He brings her to the front room where he sees that Denise, still alive, has her phone and has dialled 911. Fearing that LE is on the way and that he may be stopped on his escape, he takes Jayme as a hostage. Unfortunately this scenario doesn't bode well for Jayme, but it might explain why nothing appeared to be missing from the home.

Hi all.
I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to set up an account.

One thing I have been considering is if Jayme was conscious during the abduction... More clearly no neighbors reported any further noises or distrubances after the two inital shots. I can only assume a young girl after hearing her parents die would scream? And from my understanding Jayme was likely carried out the front door right by her father and she didn't make a noise? I know I would have broke everything in that house to either get free or bring more attention to the house, inside and out. Maybe [sadly] her struggles weren't loud enough as well...

So maybe they knocked Jayme out before they took her out of the house?

<modsnip - not victim friendly>
Her captor had a gun and had already killed two people. Basically a scream and you die situation. I'd be quite as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only scenario that makes any sense to me is that someone had a grudge against the couple and took Jayme as "payment" (it disgusts me to even use that term). Might not have been a monetary debt, but revenge for something. And if that's the case someone knows something and isn't talking.

If police have at minimum 2 bullets ( likely a lot more). Can they not tell quickly if not instantly... the gun and ammo they use..

Wouldn’t they know this day 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member