AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Understadable. Everyone can speculate I suppose which is what we are all doing with the facts at hand.

Personally I'd probably rather die than be abducted and whatever else comes after...
If they used a rifle or shotgun, her best chance would have been to jump out of the car on the main road.

Hi all.
I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to set up an account.

One thing I have been considering is if Jayme was conscious during the abduction... More clearly no neighbors reported any further noises or distrubances after the two inital shots. I can only assume a young girl after hearing her parents die would scream? And from my understanding Jayme was likely carried out the front door right by her father and she didn't make a noise? I know I would have broke everything in that house to either get free or bring more attention to the house, inside and out. Maybe [sadly] her struggles weren't loud enough as well...

So maybe they knocked Jayme out before they took her out of the house?

<modsnip - not victim friendly>
Welcome to WS, @spiderbud. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Sheriff's hands are tied. If they name a POI and they have the correct POI, the one thing that would definitely tie them to the case is Jayme. This may make the POI dispose of Jayme ( if they haven't already) sooner then they may have wanted to. Could be that LE would like to catch the perps with element of surprise and hopefully still find Jayme alive.

Apparantly the way the perp left the house with Jayme was not loud enough or weird enough for the neighbours to have been startled or woken up. So no yelling, screaming, squeaking tires?

If they go out back. Through woods.. to car waiting 200 yards further from neighbor even less likely to hear anything..

The neighbors heard the shots at 12:30, and verified to each other, the husband said, "It sounds like a big gun.".

The 911 call came from inside the house at 12:58, someone asking for "help".

That is 1/2 hour later. That seems significant to me. When the neighbors heard the shots, did they look outside? Do they have dogs? Did they hear dogs barking? Did they just hear 2 gun blasts and roll over and go to sleep?

The time that the neighbors heard the shots is very much in doubt, and LE has given indications that they think the neighbors got the time wrong.

It is very possible, if not likely, that the shots were much closer to the time of the 911 call, and the puzzling near 1/2 hour time gap doesn't exist. At least that is the indication LE has given.

To answer your questions:

The neighbors did not look outside when they heard the shots.

They do have a dog.

Did not mention hearing dogs barking.

They stayed in bed when they heard the shots.

I think the Sheriff's hands are tied. If they name a POI and they have the correct POI, the one thing that would definitely tie them to the case is Jayme. This may make the POI dispose of Jayme ( if they haven't already) sooner then they may have wanted to. Could be that LE would like to catch the perps with element of surprise and hopefully still find Jayme alive.

Really good points... sheriff said not much evidence... with Ohio killings sheriff quickly labeled them
Poi as there was no child potentially alive...

Investigators searching for answers after 2 bodies were found in car of ...

https://fox2now.com/.../investigators-still-searching-for-answers-after-2-bodies-were-f...

1 day ago - Police say bodies found in car, likely Olivette couple reported missing ... 13-year-old girl missing after parents found dead may be in Florida.
-.-

Google search - please have a look (not available for me).

Under the Olivette couple story, it's a story link that links back to an old article, and refers to the Miami tip that was later found to be not credible.

Jayme Closs Miami tip not credible, sheriff says

Yes, and possibly need some type of evidence to have probable cause to arrest. While they can ask to question anyone in this situation it could have fatal consequences. Can't get the last part of one of your previous posts out of my head. Possibly even a few steps removed. Familiarity to victim is such a high percentage in cases involving murder and kidnapping.

Did LE ever ask the public if anyone heard shots around the time of the crime as well? Or if anyone was hunting or fired shots unrelated to the crime? Does anyone know?

Did LE ever ask the public if anyone heard shots around the time of the crime as well? Or if anyone was hunting or fired shots unrelated to the crime? Does anyone know?

LE has never said a word about the shots heard by the neighbors. No one else has come forward saying they also heard shots. No reports of anyone hunting or claiming to have fired the shots in a manner unrelated to the crime.

I guess if they have a POI and are tracking them, it is worrying that the person hasn’t lead them to a suspicious place where Jayme might be being kept alive after all this time.

Samantha Eastwood’s (UK case) body was found and killer arrested because he returned to the burial site on a bicycle whilst being tracked by police. But you would expect a victim being kept alive would need to be visited more often, unless she is in a place that they don’t have to specially travel to, like a basement or room on their property.

Good thinking. Unfortunately, finding food delivery in rural areas is almost non-existent. I did a quick look-up of restarants and it appears there’s only a pizza place Barron that delivers. (There are not that many restaurants.) Most places offer call ahead take-out but that’s about it. It’s possible that restaurants in surrounding areas (Rice Lake, Cameron, Turtle Lake may deliver). I didn’t look up those areas.

I wonder about the waiter app? Or some other delivery service? Longshot, I know, but just thinking of all possibilities. We have some services here that will pick up from the restaurant and make the delivery, even to some locations just on the outside of town and the fringes. They are popular here because our only restaurants that deliver here are pizza places and they have a limited area.
Edited to correct spelling.

LE has a history of releasing the names of adults suspected of being in the company of /or having taken a minor immediately. They would not be silent, in hopes of finding them on their own.

Jmo but there are lots of examples...inc the girl in Rochester this past week, Hannah Anderson, Brittany Smith, etc

Law Enforcement officials often work with percentages, and it is usually a known perpetrator rather than an unknown person. But, this is not always the case. I remember a case of a missing boy in Montana, Zach Ramsey, the police were convinced that the boy was "missing" due to a situation with a Mother and BF. They didn't really investigate too much.

The killer was actually this random guy, living in the area. Nathanial Barr. He had a history of child molestation. He was caught several years later, in the same town, after trying to molest another boy.

So, if the perpetrator in this situation is just a completely random person, it is almost impossible to figure out who it is...it sounds like there really isn't a lot of information, or the police are not releasing much, if they have a POI.

Even in the Adam Walsh case, they really had no clue who had taken Adam, even after finding his body. They believe his killer was a drifter, Toole.

How do you investigate from an absolute zero sum? If this is what they have at this point...

Hi all.
I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to set up an account.

One thing I have been considering is if Jayme was conscious during the abduction... More clearly no neighbors reported any further noises or distrubances after the two inital shots. I can only assume a young girl after hearing her parents die would scream? And from my understanding Jayme was likely carried out the front door right by her father and she didn't make a noise? I know I would have broke everything in that house to either get free or bring more attention to the house, inside and out. Maybe [sadly] her struggles weren't loud enough as well...

So maybe they knocked Jayme out before they took her out of the house?

<modsnip - not victim friendly>

I witnessed a horrible crime when I was 12 or 13 and I was completely silent. I couldn't scream if I tried. I remember curling up in a ball in the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns