AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had an only child and was at work at lot I would definitely have my child with someone else while I was away....just so they wouldn't be lonely. Plus, Jayme was involved in extracurricular activities needing transportation. I would imagine she needed help with homework sometimes too.

It would be interesting to know more about the interaction of the caretaker. When was she with Jayme? If the caretaker took her places, where were they? Why is she called a caretaker rather than just her aunt? Seems odd to me.
I have been under the impression that the caretaker wasn't a babysitter, but that she was officially a "caretaker" so that Jayme could attend Cameron school and get transportation to and from school. They do have an open enrollment policy, but you have to supply your own transportation if you live outside that district. One of the parents could probably have dropped her off and picked her up at that school, but I'm guessing it would have meant her having to get there an hour or more before school started and stay at least an hour or more after school. Instead, they could drop her off and pick her up at the "caretaker's" home, and she could ride the bus to and from school. Once the caretaker moved out of the district, they changed to Barron schools so she could just take the bus from/to home. I don't believe it had anything to do with whether or not she could handle being home alone, but more that she had probably gone to school with the kids at the Cameron schools since kindergarten and they never felt the need to change schools before the move. MOO

IMO I wish we could agree that "caretaker" is just another word for "babysitter" and no one wants to disparage a newly minted teenager by saying she needed a babysitter. Her aunt was no doubt her emergency contact at school, her back up sitter when her parents were unavailable, and I'm guessing someone Jayme liked spending time with. They did special things together, running, shopping, getting coffee. MOO

I have no found any place online that suggests an average ability age 13 pre-teen needs a baby-sitter/aka a caretaker. I can understand the need for at times transportation and school holidays, but it seems as if the caretaker idea was much more often, although didn't we find out that Jayme took a school bus? Again, when and where did the auntie/caretaker take Jayme or "watch" her? This could be important as to Jayme and interactions with others, the possible killer. Maybe the auntie did drop Jayme off...
Agree.
Everyone is providing thoughtful and logical reasoning as to why Jayme needed a "caretaker". Note the use of the word "caretaker". It hasn't been said "Jayme's Aunt took care of her, or watched her while her parents were working". The word "caretaker" has been used specifically.
This word suggests a special need of some sort that required monitoring. It could have been physical, emotion, or psychological....or combo; some special need.

This isn't adding up for me given Jayme's age. Something else is behind the "care taking", and it could very well be material to her case.
I'd like to know what that is.

As usual, just an amateur opinion and speculation.

IMO I wish we could agree that "caretaker" is just another word for "babysitter" and no one wants to disparage a newly minted teenager by saying she needed a babysitter. Her aunt was no doubt her emergency contact at school, her back up sitter when her parents were unavailable, and I'm guessing someone Jayme liked spending time with. They did special things together, running, shopping, getting coffee. MOO
See my last post. I respectfully have a completely different view, and think it's important to the case. Glad we are all here with different viewpoints - it helps test my thinking! : )

Do we even really know that Jayme still had a caretaker? I believe it was mentioned that she changed schools when the caretaker moved. Has there been anything other than that about the caretaker? From pictures and cross country data that has been posted in the previous threads, she went to Barron for school last year as well so she was 11 or younger when she switched schools. I can see needing a caretaker/babysitter than, but does she still have one?

I really struggle with this case. Probably more so than most I've come across here. Every scenario I can think of seems to have a good argument why it is not a solid scenario. There are some scenarios on here I don't entirely agree with but they are probably no worse than mine so I have little grounds to dispute them. Unless they involve an abduction by aliens from another planet.

Then again, I've never encountered or had experience with aliens so I probably don't have much argument there either. :confused:

Police Reveal Puzzling New Details in Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Kidnapping

December 7, 2018

"The sheriff investigating missing Wisconsin teen Jayme Closs’s abduction and her parents’ murder has revealed perplexing new details of the disturbing case.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald spoke exclusively to DailyMailTV about the investigation into the night James and Denise Closs were killed and their teenage daughter was kidnapped.

He told reporters that the items at the crime scene were strangely undisturbed and nothing seemed out of place despite an attack that was clearly violent....

Investigators are also troubled by the utter lack of forensic evidence left by the killer....

The sheriff said the only thing the shooter left behind was bullet casings...."

Police Reveal Puzzling New Details in Wisconsin Teen Jayme Closs Kidnapping
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police say kidnapped Wisconsin teen and her parents' killer was in house for FOUR minutes | Daily Mail Online
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BULLET casings...
Moo

I do feel that this may point to an elderly person who does not use computers or cell phones.

I can't believe it was random as I feel this person knew their home and their habits and took Jayme - or did he?
Could she have escaped???

***Is there ANY chance that Jayme is being protected somewhere by the authorities until the killer is found? (Because she can not identify who it was?)
They stated almost immediately that the girl in Florida was not Jayme.

They looked for evidence on the side of the road and gave examples.
They said they were certain Jayme was home and witnessed the murder.
Police did feel she was certainly alive early on.

I have to think, elderly, over 55 perhaps even older.

Moo

Highly doubtful IMO, that it is an elderly person, but then again I don't classify 55 as elderly. I would think elderly is about 65 and older, and 55 is still middle age. Most crimes committed by elderly (over 65) tend to be in their own homes, either molestation of a child or against someone who is perceived as an intruder or some personal dispute with a younger relative, and often the elderly person has dementia.

I can agree that the perp is likely at least late 20's up to late 40's and would not rule out 50's, but I think this is likely a crime committed by someone on the younger side, late 20's to mid 30's simply because of the physical aspect of kicking the door in. But age doesn't really mean much when somebody is mentally ill or on drugs. But we have no evidence this person doesn't have an electronic trail, we only know WE have not been made aware of any electronic trail.

I seriously doubt Jayme is in police/protective custody. Legally, that would seem to be a nightmare for LE and why would she not be returned to her family?

Last edited:
Agree.
Everyone is providing thoughtful and logical reasoning as to why Jayme needed a "caretaker". Note the use of the word "caretaker". It hasn't been said "Jayme's Aunt took care of her, or watched her while her parents were working". The word "caretaker" has been used specifically.
This word suggests a special need of some sort that required monitoring. It could have been physical, emotion, or psychological....or combo; some special need.

This isn't adding up for me given Jayme's age. Something else is behind the "care taking", and it could very well be material to her case.
I'd like to know what that is.

As usual, just an amateur opinion and speculation.

Caretaker is just the official term used by the school district for someone other than the parent who takes care of the child after school. It has nothing to do with any sort of special need. That is just the term the district uses as a catch-all for babysitter, school-aged caregiver, after school care, etc.

responding to the original post.....the precision of an instant kill would indicate a seasoned shooter. jmo

I don't think that rules out a mid - older teen or young male.

Boys (especially, but girls too) start shooting in rural areas at very young ages. Many start their relationship with guns around the age of 7-9 (if not younger). When you are a teenager in rural middle of no where with nothing to do all summer ... Many boys spend entire summers doing nothing but shooting things. In some cases, these teenagers spend more time with guns than one goes through in military training.

The precision of an instant kill means nothing in regard to age of the shooter IMO.

While I tend to believe Jayme was the target, that is my biggest issue with that theory. If he catches her somewhere alone it might be hours before LE is on the case and LE may have difficulty even finding the crime scene. If they find the scene. For every scenario in this case I can see a reason why it would not make sense.

She's thirteen years old, has a caretaker for after school, is involved in multiple activities, and has many family members living in the area. It's reasonable to guess that she's not going to be alone for long stretches very often.

If the goal was to take her and get a good head start on a getaway, then taking her at night and killing the parents was by far the best way to do it.

If there was no 911 call, think of how long the perp would have had before anyone even noticed she was gone. Probably ten hours, maybe even more

This case is at such a stand still right now. So much speculation. I just listened to the Aunt's interview on the DM facebook when she said she felt this was "all planned". LE is NOT releasing the type of gun(s) used, ammo, etc. because it is part of the investigation. There is a new door on the home now and the house is no longer blocked off as a crime scene. The aunt is apparently going to take possession of the house (from DM). We don't know if James or Denise were in their bed clothes (re: pajamas, etc.) at the time (1:00 AM) and I am sure all of this is part of the investigation. LE wants to make sure that they cross their "T's" and dot their "I's".

I'm talking about handguns. Does Wisconsin not require carry permits for those?

The only guns that require registration in WI are fully automatics or guns with silencers (it's actually the silencer that requires registration, not the gun). There is a 48-hour waiting period on non-private hand gun sales but no registration required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29