AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is confusion in the 911 call logs about a suicide, which it turns out was cold blooded murder. That’s why all the first impressions from the 911 call log should be interpreted with caution. IMO.

Agreed.

Stopping by always hoping for a break in this case....please, please let this young girl be found alive and reunited with her remaining family!!!!

I have noticed a few things being asked by some new members (hello & welcome) so thought I would answer a few quick ones:

1) It was stated by Sheriff Fitzgerald that LE knows the whereabouts of all the family members on that day, and even though he wouldn't disclose the particulars, he said it didn't play a role in the crime. The link was posted early on and might have been one of the first couple of PC.

2) Front glass storm door was removed still intact, no visible damage. Photos posted in excess throughout. LOL

3) Denise's father supposedly said the door was shot in early on to a reporter, but there was no confirmation by LE and we never saw photos of the wooden door being taken away. Only a photo of a vertical strip of wood left in the frame on the right handle side. It did also have a small square piece of glass on the upper portion. Photos posted in these later threads.

4) All known weapons of James' were kept in gun cabinet and were accounted for as per LE.

HTH

Do we know for sure that Jayme was on a dance competition team? I must have missed that. I know that in my community, dance lessons do not always equal being on a competition team. A dance recital is almost always the case, usually in late spring but being on a competition team is optional and not all participate in that aspect. As a side note, my girls loved dance and competitions until they discovered soccer, basketball and track. I must tell you that both attracted more admirers through their many sporting events than they ever did at their dance activities.

This first article states Jayme danced in Rice Lake...

Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death

I looked up dance studies in Rice Lake. In doing so, I came across the business FB account of “Becky’s School of Dance”. The FB page states Jayme was a dancer there. If you scroll back to July, you find the studio had to close indefinitely due to health reasons. (I’m assuming the owner’s).

Becky's School of Dance (Assuming FB is ok for a business)

I’m sure Jayme may have transferred to another dance studio. The other studio in Rice Lake is Christine’s Dance Studio. They also have a FB page. They posted about wishing for a safe return of Jayme, but did not mention her as a student. However, this article says she had danced there “since she was little”.

AMBER Alert: Jayme Closs, 13, missing after parents shot dead in Barron, Wis.

So, not sure if she were on a dance team. However, if I were to guess, based on Christine’s interview, I would say Jayme was not on a competitive team. MOO

i thought she was on the school dance team, if so, they probably did competition. I dont know any schools in my area that have a dance team and dont do comps.
".

Hmm, I have not seen anything association her with a school dance team. I thought I had seen comments from a local dance teacher and comments about the aunt or caretaker taking her to local dance lessons. I have been following here since the very beginning and find it hard to believe I missed that. I do know she was on a school affiliated cross country team, though.

Does it make sense to think the perp came in through the sliding glass door with the intent of leaving with Jayme back through the sliding door but was surprised by JC and then DC. The perp took steps toward them, shooting DC and then JC as he opened the door and was shot in the doorway? Has LE said anything indicating that couldn't happen?

That makes me think about this for a moment. If the killer did good planning, why risk trying to kick in a front door if the back door was a sliding glass door? Some sliding glass doors can be merely lifted off the rails and you are in. A round of buckshot would also do the trick as it would either shatter the glass or at least allow access to the latch. There are secondary devices that can installed on the door and a wooden dowel can be placed in the track to at least slow down a break-in but seen many homeowners who don't know about them.

This first article states Jayme danced in Rice Lake...

Wisconsin town on edge with search for missing teen, parents found shot to death

I looked up dance studies in Rice Lake. In doing so, I came across the business FB account of “Becky’s School of Dance”. The FB page states Jayme was a dancer there. If you scroll back to July, you find the studio had to close indefinitely due to health reasons. (I’m assuming the owner’s).

Becky's School of Dance (Assuming FB is ok for a business)

I’m sure Jayme may have transferred to another dance studio. The other studio in Rice Lake is Christine’s Dance Studio. They also have a FB page. They posted about wishing for a safe return of Jayme, but did not mention her as a student. However, this article says she had danced there “since she was little”.

AMBER Alert: Jayme Closs, 13, missing after parents shot dead in Barron, Wis.

So, not sure if she were on a dance team. However, if I were to guess, based on Christine’s interview, I would say Jayme was not on a competitive team. MOO

Thank you! This clears up a few things for me.

Bb.
That makes me think about this for a moment. If the killer did good planning, why risk trying to kick in a front door if the back door was a sliding glass door? Some sliding glass doors can be merely lifted off the rails and you are in. A round of buckshot would also do the trick as it would either shatter the glass or at least allow access to the latch. There are secondary devices that can installed on the door and a wooden dowel can be placed in the track to at least slow down a break-in but seen many homeowners who don't know about them.
i mentioned this many times a few months ago. Glass door can be broken with a sharp object as well besides other methods.

I think I understand the rules here and do not want to break them (new here but I have read every single thread from the beginning) but that has not really been confirmed to my knowledge and the hours certainly have not been. Most people want the 911 tape released, I personally would like to know where everyone was through the weekend including the day off of school on Friday. However, I like all of us, want her found safe, and if releasing those things could jeopardize her safety, I of course would rather they not release any such info.
The family said he was working and that is why he couldn't be at the party. Even I have suggested that might have been what Denise said just because he didn't want to go. We found a comment that James would take the next day off after his team played because he liked to drink while he watched the game. That with the information about shift hours at the plant led us to the possibility he worked mornings. Then we found out Jayme waited for the bus in the mornings so that means her parents were gone to work before the bus came. Just because the sheriff doesn't tell us doesn't mean we can't figure something out for ourselves.

Bb.

i mentioned this many times a few months ago. Glass door can be broken with a sharp object as well besides other methods.

Makes me say hmm. Either the perp had no clue of the house layout and was unaware of the sliding door, or James had some reason to open that front door. I guess there is a third option - Perp is just incredibly stupid. JMO.

Makes me say hmm. Either the perp had no clue of the house layout and was unaware of the sliding door, or James had some reason to open that front door. I guess there is a third option - Perp is just incredibly stupid. JMO.
I thought maybe they were used to going to the door or like you said they did no scouting to look for other ways in. You wouldn't even need to fire at the glass to break in.

Maybe I think too much, but I was again thinking about Jayme. Truthfully, we know very little about her. What was her personality like? Quiet? Social? What were her music likes? How did she usually dress? What were her school grades (never know this one)? Did she take her dog for walks? Who at school or after school did she interact with on a daily basis? Who did she sit with on the school bus? Lots to consider. I wish more of her classmates would say something.

Stopping by always hoping for a break in this case....please, please let this young girl be found alive and reunited with her remaining family!!!!

4) All known weapons of James' were kept in gun cabinet and were accounted for as per LE. ~BBM

HTH

Awesome synopsis for all of us, Girlhasnoname.

As far as James being mentioned as a Hunter, and his weapons being appropriately stored, it brought to mind my family's collection of firearms over the years. (We lived in rural Indiana.)

My father when asked would always say, "Some Hunters avoid ranges (preferring a natural environment), and other Hunters swear by them."

I noticed that there are at least 6 shooting ranges within 15 miles of Barron, Wisconsin, ( Anderson's PSR, Blue Hills, Fireline Center, Chippewa County Range, Bloomer's, etc.)

I was wondering if James had been a regular at any of them? A long-time membership at some point?

Did he go there on his days off? After work? Sundays?

Another Web-sleuther, 25 threads ago, had wondered if LE had spoken to James' hunting buddies. (??)

I'm also wondering if a dispute could have occurred at a shooting range, and James (through no fault of his own) was followed home by someone who wanted to settle the score based on their perception of the dispute.

I hope LE has interviewed all of James' buddies. They might actually know something ........ that they don't know is important to solving this.

Maybe I think too much, but I was again thinking about Jayme. Truthfully, we know very little about her. What was her personality like? Quiet? Social? What were her music likes? How did she usually dress? What were her school grades (never know this one)? Did she take her dog for walks? Who at school or after school did she interact with on a daily basis? Who did she sit with on the school bus? Lots to consider. I wish more of her classmates would say something.
I think these are important questions. I'd like to know the answers myself. As far as classmates saying something I wish the family would too. I wonder if they have been told not too. It's eerily quiet to me. Crickets!!

Awesome synopsis for all of us, Girlhasnoname.

As far as James being mentioned as a Hunter, and his weapons being appropriately stored, it brought to mind my family's collection of firearms over the years. (We lived in rural Indiana.)

My father when asked would always say, "Some Hunters avoid ranges (preferring a natural environment), and other Hunters swear by them."

I noticed that there are at least 6 shooting ranges within 15 miles of Barron, Wisconsin, ( Anderson's PSR, Blue Hills, Fireline Center, Chippewa County Range, Bloomer's, etc.)

I was wondering if James had been a regular at any of them? A long-time membership at some point?

Did he go there on his days off? After work? Sundays?

Another Web-sleuther, 25 threads ago, had wondered if LE had spoken to James' hunting buddies. (??)

I'm also wondering if a dispute could have occurred at a shooting range, and James (through no fault of his own) was followed home by someone who wanted to settle the score based on their perception of the dispute.

I hope LE has interviewed all of James' buddies. They might actually know something ........ that they don't know is important to solving this.
Great thought process there Dancing! Very well could be something so random that's making this impossible to understand. I know I personally have gone over 10 or more scenarios in my mind and there ends up being one little thing that blows it up. Truly a head banger IMO.

Last edited:
I’m guessing police
The thing that raises more questions and throws the proverbial "monkey wrench" in most logical scenarios of what happened to me is the 911 call. Who made it and when????

Makes my head hurt... but can’t police deduce who from a few things...

Last activity on phone... if it’s jayme watching Disney shows @ 11300. She had phone

If it’s denise watching her favorite shows on Netflix she has or vice versa

Also can’t u tell based on tracking if it’s got step counter... who has phone. Wouldn’t smaller walk pattern mean jayme..

You’d think the last 2 hours of that phone would give a no of clues they could use.. likely already have .. guess we find out at trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13