AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went back and reviewed Whiskers16 timeline at the start of each new thread here... it is such a good timeline.

Thanks for the reminder about the phone call with Denise and her sister.

Since it seems James was home when the breach at the front door happened, it makes sense Denise would have been around the front door scene, too, and possibly Jayme, all woken up (by having this late night call).

The open floor plan suggested by the new information means it may have been hard to hide behind a wall, or something like that.

I think that maybe should be also added to the timeline. IMO, it’s important to understand James was home.
it seemed like it was a routine call not an unusal one that would wake them up....

<modsnip - quoted post removed >

This site is quirky the past few days, reloading before a response can be made. I am experiencing it too.

Wanted to reply to JRW and the sliding glass door. It would make more sense if the perps understood the house and where Jayme was sleeping, and it would have been a sneak attack in and out to get her, if she was the target. But is wasn’t. The front door was the main entry. I doubt myself all the time, so thanks for helping clarify the sliding glass door has importance. I am thinking it does, but that’s my opinion, especially if there is a second person involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is totally hypothetical as I said previously...1am, a commotion at ur door, what would YOU do? We are real people here, few have answered this. We all live in different places so I would like different perspectives. This could give an idea of what dad thought when he went to the door. This is step one, bear with me here...

I am new here as well. This is my first reply and I have not posted on my own as of yet. In the area we are talking about, I do not find it too unusual he went to the door without arming himself (although if they had something to be in fear of or something going on that would cause more reason for alarm, I would maybe say otherwise). If Jayme got on the bus by herself in the morning after the parents went to work (also not that unusual at that age), it shows a level of a certain feeling of safety. For all of the meth related things, people who grew up in areas like this often do not see it nor realize as they grew up how things have changed as they have not changed in their own daily world. An area where most grew up with unlocked doors, knew their neighbors, hardly ever hear of a murder, etc. They had lived in this home for many years apparently without incident. That being said, he may not have had time, he may have rushed to try to hold the door shut when hearing it kicked in, etc. This is my perspective anyhow and like everything else, either thing could fit.

Agreed... might also add there are nice homes close by.. no of them pretty nice.. it looks upper middle class.. they’ve been there 7 years and don’t know of any other break ins in that neighborhood.. I could see getting complacent in a nice low Crime neighborhood.

Does it make sense to think the perp came in through the sliding glass door with the intent of leaving with Jayme back through the sliding door but was surprised by JC and then DC. The perp took steps toward them, shooting DC and then JC as he opened the door and was shot in the doorway? Has LE said anything indicating that couldn't happen?

I think the call from Denise's phone was partly the reason. Something the dispatcher heard and then seeing James dead at the door.

There is confusion in the 911 call logs about a suicide, which it turns out was cold blooded murder. That’s why all the first impressions from the 911 call log should be interpreted with caution. IMO.

Does it make sense to think the perp came in through the sliding glass door with the intent of leaving with Jayme back through the sliding door but was surprised by JC and then DC. The perp took steps toward them, shooting DC and then JC as he opened the door and was shot in the doorway? Has LE said anything indicating that couldn't happen?

Has to be something investigators have considered. We will see.

I am new and still figuring out how to do this.
I might be a newbie...but I’m not exactly dumb when it comes to things like this. Step by step, one thing at a time is how you look at this instead of crazy, unfounded scenarios. Work with what you know, not with what you “think”

I agree although I would add work with what isn't being said as well. To me, what is not shared can be telling and our minds (at least mine) do not automatically go there in their normal thought patterns. To me, to this day, the fact they do not share where the father was nor any detail says something to me in the fact nothing at all is said. This department does not share much at all but where Denise and Jayme were came out fairly quickly and has been added to. How many hours they were there, that she brought gifts, that it was at the sister's house, that it was for the sister's grandchild, etc. In no way am I accusing the father of anything, I just lean towards where he was or his activities may play into this as this subject seems to be avoided big time by LE. imo.

I took out my ex at 5’1, 110 on a good day. He was 300 lbs and 6’4. Height and weight mean NOTHING, during a confrontation. Like I said “fight or flight”

You must be a good fighter. My ex is 6'2" 180ish I'm 5'6", and in those days, 125 ,and he beat me senseless multiple times. He out muscled me well enough that I could barely move, much less win.

I am new and still figuring out how to do this.

I agree although I would add work with what isn't being said as well. To me, what is not shared can be telling and our minds (at least mine) do not automatically go there in their normal thought patterns. To me, to this day, the fact they do not share where the father was nor any detail says something to me in the fact nothing at all is said. This department does not share much at all but where Denise and Jayme were came out fairly quickly and has been added to. How many hours they were there, that she brought gifts, that it was at the sister's house, that it was for the sister's grandchild, etc. In no way am I accusing the father of anything, I just lean towards where he was or his activities may play into this as this subject seems to be avoided big time by LE. imo.
They said he was working .

I just had an insight that most of you have probably already had. I was just thinking about Jon Benet, and Polly Klaas.

Like Jon Benet, Jayme participated in competitions where little girls were dolled up; in Jayme's case it was dance costumes. (Please, let's not get in a debate about whether pageants and dance contests are good or bad for young girls. I'm just drawing the comparison).

In the Polly Klaas case, the Perp picked her randomly. He asked the children present in her home - whose home it was. It was Polly's, so he took her.

The point to this is that Jayme could have been stalked by someone who became fascinated and obsessed with her at these dance exhibitions. Or, it could have been something as random as the Klaas case.

As far as the dance recitals go - we know that those with unhealthy fixations on children tend to work in capacities where they can have easy access to them.
Hopefully LE has explored this avenue.

Random, amateur ponderings, speculation and opinion only

Do we know for sure that Jayme was on a dance competition team? I must have missed that. I know that in my community, dance lessons do not always equal being on a competition team. A dance recital is almost always the case, usually in late spring but being on a competition team is optional and not all participate in that aspect. As a side note, my girls loved dance and competitions until they discovered soccer, basketball and track. I must tell you that both attracted more admirers through their many sporting events than they ever did at their dance activities.

Do we know for sure that Jayme was on a dance competition team? I must have missed that. I know that in my community, dance lessons do not always equal being on a competition team. A dance recital is almost always the case, usually in late spring but being on a competition team is optional and not all participate in that aspect. As a side note, my girls loved dance and competitions until they discovered soccer, basketball and track. I must tell you that both attracted more admirers through their many sporting events than they ever did at their dance activities.
My niece does the competitions. We have gone to a few recitals and one was in the public park at a Christmas event. Still not a lot of people watched the dancers and it seems like everyone who did was related to them.

For the record and a little about me since I’m a newbie...single mom, 43, 17 yr old daughter, cj degree and Investigate for a living. Back ground in forensics but it’s been a minute, gun owner bc of my current job. Any questions, ask please

Very cool. I'd love to ask you a thousand questions. About this case, sounds like she was abducted specifically by sexual predator? But have you read about Abby and Libby in Delphi Indiana? That's crazy, they have both visual and audio recordings of the double murderer, and zero progress. :(

They said he was working .

I think I understand the rules here and do not want to break them (new here but I have read every single thread from the beginning) but that has not really been confirmed to my knowledge and the hours certainly have not been. Most people want the 911 tape released, I personally would like to know where everyone was through the weekend including the day off of school on Friday. However, I like all of us, want her found safe, and if releasing those things could jeopardize her safety, I of course would rather they not release any such info.

i thought she was on the school dance team, if so, they probably did competition. I dont know any schools in my area that have a dance team and dont do comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13