AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the door was kicked in, it could have fallen on him in broken pieces.I was very surprised by the edge of the door that had broken off. He could have been under the door.

The door is kicked in, then they shoot him with multiple shots? That explains the casings that are there, visible right away?

If the door was kicked in, it could have fallen on him in broken pieces.I was very surprised by the edge of the door that had broken off. He could have been under the door.

The door is kicked in, then they shoot him with multiple shots? That explains the casings that are there, visible right away?
Nope, not if u kick at the knob. Kick latch/knob door swings free and on hinges

Thank you for the file.

Question for all. Looking at the report, towards the bottom at 1:06:19am the report states both, “Advised the door has been kicked in. Advised that the male who is down had answered the door.” What are your thoughts? How do you interpret this?

I read it as the door was kicked in before LE arrived.

Couple thoughts here... If all of James guns were locked up, I don’t think he would have grabbed one. Second, several nights ago we had storms on our town. We lost power for several hours, nighttime. Around 11PM someone came banging on our door. It was a weekend night, we were all still awake and in the living room. We did not think to get a weapon. We were startled. Husband jumped up and headed to the door. I grabbed my phone, unlocked it and followed. Kids peered around the corner. Husband spoke through the door and asked who it was. Turned out to just be the electric company and they were letting us know they would be in our backyard. Being startled like that though, stopping for a weapon never crossed our mind.
I just would not answer the door late at night at all. I would speak through the door if anything. Not all people have a gun to bring to the door anyways! Here in Canada it is not a 'thing' to have one in the home. Knowing me, I would probably shoot myself by mistake if I had one. ;)

Some absolutely would have a weapon handy. But many would not have immediate access. Hunting rifles/shotguns that are kept locked up are very much the norm in many homes.

Trusting can get you hurt. I was that way for a long time, not these days tho! Watch yourself!

Could also land you in prison for negligent homicide ..........when your 13yo daughter's friend she has over, finds the unsecured loaded weapon and, kills her.

JMO...

LE log indicates first thought was suicide. Based on this, I think we could rule out James was shot through the door. If the door was riddled with bullets, I don’t think the 1st on scene would think suicide. MOO.

James is a big, athletic guy. If someone was at the door yelling about needing help right now because of an accident, I imagine he would not think much of it.
I took out my ex at 5’1, 110 on a good day. He was 300 lbs and 6’4. Height and weight mean NOTHING, during a confrontation. Like I said “fight or flight”

JMO...

LE log indicates first thought was suicide. Based on this, I think we could rule out James was shot through the door. If the door was riddled with bullets, I don’t think the 1st on scene would think suicide. MOO.
Why the assumed suicide call tho, what gave them that idea?

Why the assumed suicide call tho, what gave them that idea?

The first officer on the scene called in that it was a possible suicide. Likely due to the fact that there was one person dead from a gunshot wound. These cops don't deal with homicides very often, but they have seen a number of suicides, so it would be the officer's natural reaction to call it in as a suicide. It was just an initial impression. It was changed to homicide after the officers were able to investigate further

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member