AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that he answered the door.

In fact, at least according to some media reports, the door was kicked/shot in.

All we really know is that he was killed by a gunshot very close to the front door.
This is why my first question was:was he shot thru the door!

Reactions: JRW
This is totally hypothetical as I said previously...1am, a commotion at ur door, what would YOU do? We are real people here, few have answered this. We all live in different places so I would like different perspectives. This could give an idea of what dad thought when he went to the door. This is step one, bear with me here...

Well I can give you a real live example. Wake husband, whilst simultaneously calling LE, remain hidden on the line to 911 until police arrived. Husband went into protection mode instantly and got himself hurt by the baddies, the dog did a runner. I did what LE told me to do remain hidden unseen and continue to narrate until arrival of officers Its the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I felt helpless

Thinking on why the father would be in near the door and unarmed. They had a small dog. One of the best watch dogs one can have is a chihuahua. However, they bark at everything outside the house - people, possums, raccoons or cats. Ours only barked when something or someone came into the yard and he would wake you up. With an isolated location maybe the Closs's dog did not have occasion to bark. If the dog woke the father after midnight maybe he went to look out the windows to see what the dog was barking at. Thinking it could be a raccoon, cat, coyote or another dog. He may have been near the door out of curiosity from the dog's barking. And he was there, unarmed when the door was kicked in.

I mentioned in an earlier post that James may have taken the dog out. Would have made sense he'd go out unarmed. Maybe perp was watching house, saw him, came after James with a gun, James heads into house, tries to close door, perp kicks it in...

If someone came to my door at 1am, I would try to peak out, to assess just how scared I ought to be. If I deemed the situation reasonable/harmless (like a lone female, for instance), I'd probably open the door, assuming they needed help. I posted many threads ago that I once opened my door for someone who has since been arrested multiple times for buglary. I'm way too trusting. MOO I can imagine James first looking out a window, then going to the door to answer it or to make sure it's locked, depending on his initial risk assessment. First sign of trouble, I imagine him calling to his wife, to call 911.... perhaps she was in the process of dialing with the first shot, dropped the phone, and was shot before the call connected. No one could've imagined such evil was at the door.

With all due respect I have found that during time of stress or terror people act completely different that they imagine that they will.

Agreed. I'm not a timid person by any means, but cannot scream or make a sound when startled. I typically don't freeze except my vocal chords, but have no idea what I'd do if in the Closs's situation.

Closs Dispatch Report

I just go by what LE first observed when they initially arrived at the Closs residence.

In my heart I really think Jayme was the target as well as the motive in taking her.

Not so much in this actual crime, but in general the viciousness and evil that exists today in our world.

Sexual offenders, paroled early, violent offenders are a huge issue and I believe these issues lend themselves to the Closs tragedy and traumatic events that are continuing to this very moment.
I agree completely, and even moreso after reading today that the evil murderer of dear Hania was arrested, and fitted those criteria. Which makes me think that due to the high number of sex offenders in Jayme's region, they all should be relooked at by the authorities with a finer toothed comb!

Some absolutely would have a weapon handy. But many would not have immediate access. Hunting rifles/shotguns that are kept locked up are very much the norm in many homes. Maybe there was no time to get to the weapons. If you have no reason to think something is going to happen you may not jump to the conclusion that a firearm is necessary. This in itself leads me to think there was nothing nefarious going on with the family....like drugs. If there is a significant drug situation going on where it may attract attention from dangerous people one would probably be armed answering a door. Might be totally wrong....but my gut instinct. MOO
Never wait til a bad situation arises...i was obviously never a boy scout but I’m always prepared! Just saying...this world is crazy and you never know what can happen, even on your doorstep!

Who cares what type of gun. Would u answer at 1am with nothing? Pistol, rifle, shotgun...who cares, all can inflict damage!

Couple thoughts here... If all of James guns were locked up, I don’t think he would have grabbed one. Second, several nights ago we had storms on our town. We lost power for several hours, nighttime. Around 11PM someone came banging on our door. It was a weekend night, we were all still awake and in the living room. We did not think to get a weapon. We were startled. Husband jumped up and headed to the door. I grabbed my phone, unlocked it and followed. Kids peered around the corner. Husband spoke through the door and asked who it was. Turned out to just be the electric company and they were letting us know they would be in our backyard. Being startled like that though, stopping for a weapon never crossed our mind.

I'd love to know what the wooden door looked like as it was removed - is there video or photo coverage anywhere? TIA

ETA: We saw video of the glass door and it appeared not to have been damaged, imo.

I agree about the glass door. I am certain, with as much door discussion as we have had on here about the kicked door vs the shot door, that we would have seen pictures of the wooden door if they were available. That is something that it seems LE is keeping very close to the vest. What could we infer from that?

Closs Dispatch Report

I just go by what LE first observed when they initially arrived at the Closs residence.

In my heart I really think Jayme was the target as well as the motive in taking her.

Not so much in this actual crime, but in general the viciousness and evil that exists today in our world.

Sexual offenders, paroled early, violent offenders are a huge issue and I believe these issues lend themselves to the Closs tragedy and traumatic events that are continuing to this very moment.

Thank you for the file.

Question for all. Looking at the report, towards the bottom at 1:06:19am the report states both, “Advised the door has been kicked in. Advised that the male who is down had answered the door.” What are your thoughts? How do you interpret this?

This is why my first question was:was he shot thru the door!

I lean toward the father being in the foyer when the door is kicked in and shot while trying to decide what to do - i.e., he froze. The Daily Mail article indicated the shots that killed the parents "instantly". Of course, does that mean head or heart shots that took them down immediately? Such a shot, to me, would indicate they had each parent in their sights.

Police say kidnapped Wisconsin teen and her parents' killer was in house for FOUR minutes | Daily Mail Online

But shot through the door is a possibility I don't toss out.

Such a small community. If a relative or friend did this, they would know by now. That's why I keep pounding away at it being someone at that plant either still working, fired or quit. I wish they would investigate there. Talking to the people there, which has been mentioned, is not investigating, DUH

If someone came to my door at 1am, I would try to peak out, to assess just how scared I ought to be. If I deemed the situation reasonable/harmless (like a lone female, for instance), I'd probably open the door, assuming they needed help. I posted many threads ago that I once opened my door for someone who has since been arrested multiple times for buglary. I'm way too trusting. MOO I can imagine James first looking out a window, then going to the door to answer it or to make sure it's locked, depending on his initial risk assessment. First sign of trouble, I imagine him calling to his wife, to call 911.... perhaps she was in the process of dialing with the first shot, dropped the phone, and was shot before the call connected. No one could've imagined such evil was at the door.
Trusting can get you hurt. I was that way for a long time, not these days tho! Watch yourself!

I lean toward the father being in the foyer when the door is kicked in and shot while trying to decide what to do - i.e., he froze. The Daily Mail article indicated the shots that killed the parents "instantly". Of course, does that mean head or heart shots that took them down immediately? Such a shot, to me, would indicate they had each parent in their sights.

Police say kidnapped Wisconsin teen and her parents' killer was in house for FOUR minutes | Daily Mail Online

But shot through the door is a possibility I don't toss out.

I don’t disagree. However, I’m still trying to figure out the physics of being shot through the door, collapsing and not being in the way of the door being kicked in. In my mind he is either pushed with the kicked in door or he is far enough back the door clears. If this is the case, is he close enough for LE to see his feet in the doorway?

I’m trying to get a feel for what the average person would do in a situation like this. Thanks y’all. You see where this is going? I’m leaning toward they knew who it was just from the few responses bc who would answer the door at that hour. Like I said bear with me here...

James is a big, athletic guy. If someone was at the door yelling about needing help right now because of an accident, I imagine he would not think much of it.

Thank you for the file.

Question for all. Looking at the report, towards the bottom at 1:06:19am the report states both, “Advised the door has been kicked in. Advised that the male who is down had answered the door.” What are your thoughts? How do you interpret this?

That the door appeared to be kicked in by the perp (not LE) and James was lying dead just inside

How about this. Two perps kick the door in, one holds JC and DC in place at gun point, the other takes Jayme out the front door. No bloody footprints to be made because there is no blood yet . The first person then shoots DC (the first quieter gunshot) then JC in the doorway (the second louder gunshot) on his way out. They speed away west but not far because I am convinced they are young locals.

Couple thoughts here... If all of James guns were locked up, I don’t think he would have grabbed one. Second, several nights ago we had storms on our town. We lost power for several hours, nighttime. Around 11PM someone came banging on our door. It was a weekend night, we were all still awake and in the living room. We did not think to get a weapon. We were startled. Husband jumped up and headed to the door. I grabbed my phone, unlocked it and followed. Kids peered around the corner. Husband spoke through the door and asked who it was. Turned out to just be the electric company and they were letting us know they would be in our backyard. Being startled like that though, stopping for a weapon never crossed our mind.
Your family is way different from me being a single mom. My first instinct is to grab what can protect me and my child that late at night. The. Again my power company would actually call tho...to each their own.

Such a small community. If a relative or friend did this, they would know by now. That's why I keep pounding away at it being someone at that plant either still working, fired or quit. I wish they would investigate there. Talking to the people there, which has been mentioned, is not investigating, DUH

LE has said they looked at the employee records from Jennie-O and talked to everyone there, as well as analyzing which employees missed work around the time of time of the crime. They also said they looked at past employees. There is no doubt in my mind that they've chased that angle as far as it has taken them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody