AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if i heard commotion at my front door at 1 am i would wake up my husband and have my phone in my hand as he answered the door and i would probably go with him....if i was home alone i would grab my phone and try to look out a window without being seen...if it was someone i didnt know i would call the police before i answered...i live near a facility wheree there are alot of walkoffs so i have had people come to my door...i definately dont open it or go near the door
If someone was banging on my door at 1am I would immediately call 911. I live alone so I would not take chances.

With all due respect I have found that during time of stress or terror people act completely different that they imagine that they will.
i agree =) i was just answering the question of what i think i would do in that scenero..i know when people have knocked on the door that late i have never answered it...now if someone was causing a fuss outside at that time i think i would just instantly call 911...but again its circumstantial i live near a facility that has alot of walkoffs..more than once police have searched our property for runaways

Ty, who in their right mind would go look without being armed! This is my whole point. Most people would arm their selves anyway they could with an “unexpected” visitor at a crazy time. The dog would have already alerted if she had already even taken tho.
i agree! at thus point i dont have a gun loaded and readily available due to an overly curious toddler, but i do have a weapon within reach at all times while sleeping... not sure how good it would do but gives me peace of mind!!

i agree! at thus point i dont have a gun loaded and readily available due to an overly curious toddler, but i do have a weapon within reach at all times while sleeping... not sure how good it would do but gives me peace of mind!!
There are hand print safes for pistols if that helps, easy access. I sleep with a pistol under my pillow tho

Agree 100% with you here. Training (over and over) for situations can prepare a person, but until that scenario happens, you just never know.
I agree. U can train all u want but when push comes to shove and ur actually in a bad situation, no one ones what they will do. I know what I do, bc I’ve been there and for me and my kiddo, that’s all that matters. Daddy marine taught me well! However in this case, all that is mute. I’m still leaning toward it was someone they knew. Maybe not well but familiar with. Gut feeling..but I’m feeling more like dad knew.

Last edited:
I might be a newbie...but I’m not exactly dumb when it comes to things like this. Step by step, one thing at a time is how you look at this instead of crazy, unfounded scenarios. Work with what you know, not with what you “think”

Yeah, I don't think anyone thinks that. It is just that many of us have been here since mid-October since this ordeal began and have been over everything we have (which is not much) backwards and forwards, awaiting each new development, which have been stingy and few. A lot of us are kind of at the "just checking in" phase. Many of the original workhorse sleuthers on this thread have checked out or check in sporadically. In fact, I had kind of checked out until I had jury duty earlier in the week; it was a meth trial as a matter of fact. When we finished up I checked back here to see if there were any new developments and got sucked back in to checking several times daily.

Working with what you know and not what you think is excellent advice. However, if you have been through page 1 of the thread or the media file thread, you will see that we don't know much, at all, sadly. I am ever hopeful that LE knows a lot more than they are sharing and are being strategic about their moves. Its all I've got left. :(

One thing I do not understand since dad owned firearms, why not grab one prior to going to the door if there was a disturbance? I had my crazy neighbor bang on my door at 2am and the first thing I did was grab the pistol off my nightstand. Had someone trying to break in at 1am, grabbed the shot gun and aimed for the door with finger on the trigger.

We don't know if they owned a handgun or if JC/DC kept a gun near them. All we really know is that JC hunted and that the gun/guns they was known to own were accounted for.

ETA: Denise also could have owned guns

Last edited:
We don't know if he owned a handgun or if he kept a gun near him. All we really know is that he hunted and that the gun/guns he was known to own were accounted for.
Who cares what type of gun. Would u answer at 1am with nothing? Pistol, rifle, shotgun...who cares, all can inflict damage!

Reactions: JRW
This is totally hypothetical as I said previously...1am, a commotion at ur door, what would YOU do? We are real people here, few have answered this. We all live in different places so I would like different perspectives. This could give an idea of what dad thought when he went to the door. This is step one, bear with me here...

I have 2 labs that would be at door shot or biting perp....going ape...

Absent 2 dogs. I guess you here perp trying to kick in door... u might think forget gun.. try and stop front door... I don’t know where James kept his guns.. certainly call 911 and run to get gun or stop door in James situation.. but leave 911 on... takes 5 seconds to tell 911 operator it was teen that put car in ditch that’s hysterical.

Unless perp fully clothed in police custom or James knew person at door...

If door was kicked in partially.. would be hard not to deal with that. Somebody pointed out the window in wood door.. that had to help shooter a lot..

I agree. U can train all u want but when push comes to shove and ur actually in a bad situation, no one ones what they will do. I know what I do, bc I’ve been there and for me and my kiddo, that’s all that matters. Daddy marine taught me well! However in this case, all that is mute. I’m still leaning toward it was someone they knew. Maybe not well but familiar with. Gut feeling..but I’m feeling more like dad knew.

I have all sorts of motives in mind, based on whether a parent was a target, Jayme was a target or just the house specifically. Whether the father knew them or not is something I am divided on for now. Some of the motives I place very little probability on are drug related, debt related or robbery.

Yeah, I don't think anyone thinks that. It is just that many of us have been here since mid-October since this ordeal began and have been over everything we have (which is not much) backwards and forwards, awaiting each new development, which have been stingy and few. A lot of us are kind of at the "just checking in" phase. Many of the original workhorse sleuthers on this thread have checked out or check in sporadically. In fact, I had kind of checked out until I had jury duty earlier in the week; it was a meth trial as a matter of fact. When we finished up I checked back here to see if there were any new developments and got sucked back in to checking several times daily.

Working with what you know and not what you think is excellent advice. However, if you have been through page 1 of the thread or the media file thread, you will see that we don't know much, at all, sadly. I am ever hopeful that LE knows a lot more than they are sharing and are being strategic about their moves. Its all I've got left. :(
LE is being strategic, hence no real new info expect DM thing. This person is watching media. Cops waiting for them to get comfy and mess up. Could be a week, could be a yr. cops won’t show what all they know, never do. I like things that make me think and this case had done that. I might be 1000 miles away, but I have my perspective. I know there’s not much info given but from what I have seen, I truly think this was a hit, why I’m not sure but have my theories

Who cares what type of gun. Would u answer at 1am with nothing? Pistol, rifle, shotgun...who cares, all can inflict damage!

We don't know that he answered the door.

In fact, at least according to some media reports, the door was kicked/shot in.

All we really know is that he was killed by a gunshot very close to the front door.

Some absolutely would have a weapon handy. But many would not have immediate access. Hunting rifles/shotguns that are kept locked up are very much the norm in many homes. Maybe there was no time to get to the weapons. If you have no reason to think something is going to happen you may not jump to the conclusion that a firearm is necessary. This in itself leads me to think there was nothing nefarious going on with the family....like drugs. If there is a significant drug situation going on where it may attract attention from dangerous people one would probably be armed answering a door. Might be totally wrong....but my gut instinct. MOO

im still confused about the 911 call..if the parents injuries caused "instant death" i doubt they could have made the 911 call unless shot after the call...if shot during the call gunshots would be audible...if shot after the call that leaves extremely small time frame to leave..i still believe there is more on the call than is being told

Think your right... makes my head hurt..
Denise shot dialing 911... throws phone then 911 call connects ..??

Jayme dials 911 ...says nothing ..then hangs up trying to hide phone ..

If it’s just people yelling.. who’s yelling and who hangs up phone ... wouldn’t perp make noise grabbing phone ..if it’s not perp in glove can they not pull print see if jayme hung up 911 call.

LE is being strategic, hence no real new info expect DM thing. This person is watching media. Cops waiting for them to get comfy and mess up. Could be a week, could be a yr. cops won’t show what all they know, never do. I like things that make me think and this case had done that. I might be 1000 miles away, but I have my perspective. I know there’s not much info given but from what I have seen, I truly think this was a hit, why I’m not sure but have my theories

Agreed. The seemingly "clean" nature of the crime, meaning the in and out quickly part, would suggest a level of preparedness. I am still torn between a hit or a targeted kidnapping, though.

i feel like i want to go back to the beginning and recomb everything...compare and contrast notes see whats missing... i still think the answers are in what LE isnt telling us...what the families NOT telling us... basically we need to draw the picture and see whats missing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody