AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first officer on the scene called in that it was a possible suicide. Likely due to the fact that there was a one person dead from a gunshot wound. These cops don't deal with homicides very often, but they have seen a number of suicides, so it would be the officer's natural reaction to call it in as a suicide. It was just an initial impression. It was changed to homicide after the officers were able to investigate further
Ah, yes!

If someone came to my door at 1am, I would try to peak out, to assess just how scared I ought to be. If I deemed the situation reasonable/harmless (like a lone female, for instance), I'd probably open the door, assuming they needed help. I posted many threads ago that I once opened my door for someone who has since been arrested multiple times for buglary. I'm way too trusting. MOO I can imagine James first looking out a window, then going to the door to answer it or to make sure it's locked, depending on his initial risk assessment. First sign of trouble, I imagine him calling to his wife, to call 911.... perhaps she was in the process of dialing with the first shot, dropped the phone, and was shot before the call connected. No one could've imagined such evil was at the door.
JMO...

LE log indicates first thought was suicide. Based on this, I think we could rule out James was shot through the door. If the door was riddled with bullets, I don’t think the 1st on scene would think suicide. MOO.

If we know they have shell casings... likely know weapon... can they string the Crime scene only for rifles and handguns and get close height on perp ...??

Didn’t know if they can’t do that with OO shotgun or some weapons..

Hoping with body / bullets / gun powder they might get height approximate?? Hoping..

If we know they have shell casings... likely know weapon... can they string the Crime scene only for rifles and handguns and get close height on perp ...??

Hoping with body / bullets / gun powder they might get height approximate?? Hoping..
Let's hope so, especially since the FBI were involved! :)

Good point! I do not know enough about the process to know if they can calculate the height of the shooter. Maybe someone here does know? Would they be able to calculate anything else? Right or left handed maybe? Fingerprints on the shell casings?

Someone said maybe we should look at what LE is not saying. They’re certainly not saying anything about what those she’ll casings tell them.

Th
Good point! I do not know enough about the process to know if they can calculate the height of the shooter. Maybe someone here does know? Would they be able to calculate anything else? Right or left handed maybe? Fingerprints on the shell casings?

Someone said maybe we should look at what LE is not saying. They’re certainly not saying anything about what those she’ll casings tell them.
There are 3,4 steps going to the door. You would have to string from every angle which is time consuming. Threshold to bottom and won’t give height

I thought you were asking if it was established Denise Closs talked on the phone with her sister around 10 pm ish.

Here Fitzgerald says all were accounted for:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...appearance-one-month-after-parents-murder.amp

Thanks. It says it there.

And here is the weird quote which is strange because of the suicide issue.

If he was shot through the door, the casings would be outside not in the house, right?
—————
Fitzgerald would not say whether the killer shot through the door but local news footage shows investigators carrying it away from the scene -- covered with what looks like bullet holes. Fitzgerald confirmed to Fox News that the door was undergoing forensic analysis. He also would not elaborate on the type of gun used in the crimes, citing the sensitivity of the investigation. James Closs kept hunting rifles inside the home but all have been accounted for.

Last edited:
Only thing I can figure is either body position, wound location and/or blood splatter.

Here is the quote from the article above.

—————

Fitzgerald would not say whether the killer shot through the door but local news footage shows investigators carrying it away from the scene -- covered with what looks like bullet holes. Fitzgerald confirmed to Fox News that the door was undergoing forensic analysis. He also would not elaborate on the type of gun used in the crimes, citing the sensitivity of the investigation. James Closs kept hunting rifles inside the home but all have been accounted for.

The first officer on the scene called in that it was a possible suicide. Likely due to the fact that there was one person dead from a gunshot wound. These cops don't deal with homicides very often, but they have seen a number of suicides, so it would be the officer's natural reaction to call it in as a suicide. It was just an initial impression. It was changed to homicide after the officers were able to investigate further[/QUOTE

This the quote from an article posted above. Wouldn’t the bullet casings be outside if he was *advertiser censored* through the door?

————-

Th

There are 3,4 steps going to the door. You would have to string from every angle which is time consuming. Threshold to bottom and won’t give height

There were at a minimum 2 shots fired.. if they can with some Certainty place one shot inside door frame maybe try and string that shot to get height... hoping.. I don’t know where either shot occurred.. likely close to door frame if not right inside on one..

There were at a minimum 2 shots fired.. if they can with some Certainty place one shot inside door frame maybe try and string that shot to get height... hoping.. I don’t know where either shot occurred.. likely close to door frame if not right inside on one..
Powder residue will tell them how far away the shooter was. The angle of the shot compared with distance can give them a height.

Powder residue will tell them how far away the shooter was. The angle of the shot compared with distance can give them a height.

Thank you... that stuff is above my knowledge.. responding officer immediately says one down... then later states finds 2nd down.. (Denise). Leads me to think she was atleast somewhat inside..if she died instantly.. hopefully perp was right inside doorway and they can do something with it ..

Just checking in today.....where is Jayme?? Does anyone remember the Hannah Anderson case from several years ago?? I had to really jog my brain to remember that one. I think she was 16 when her abductor, who was a family friend, killed her mother and younger brother and then kidnapped her. He told her that he would kill her and himself if she tried to get away or signal anyone. I think they ended up finding her in northern California hiking in the mountains. A couple saw them together and then it was strange and informed LE. She was rescued and LE killed him. She took a lot of flack when she returned home and went to her mother/brother funeral because she did not show any emotions, etc. Social media really slammed her. She WAS a victim and some people failed to see that. Everyone grieves differently. I guess my point is, that no matter WHAT, Jayme is a VICTIM. Denise and James did NOT deserve a violent death. With all the video cameras, home security cameras, highway cameras with "smart" technology, etc. there has to be a clue of something! Also, criminals always seem to show up in security cameras at Walmart. Have they checked those nearby stores? LE needs to keep Jayme's face out there. It seems that the only clue (if you want to call it that) was the two vehicles in question and that seems to have gone no where. Whoever did this has no conscious of the devastation of this crime.

I just had an insight that most of you have probably already had. I was just thinking about Jon Benet, and Polly Klaas.

Like Jon Benet, Jayme participated in competitions where little girls were dolled up; in Jayme's case it was dance costumes. (Please, let's not get in a debate about whether pageants and dance contests are good or bad for young girls. I'm just drawing the comparison).

In the Polly Klaas case, the Perp picked her randomly. He asked the children present in her home - whose home it was. It was Polly's, so he took her.

The point to this is that Jayme could have been stalked by someone who became fascinated and obsessed with her at these dance exhibitions. Or, it could have been something as random as the Klaas case.

As far as the dance recitals go - we know that those with unhealthy fixations on children tend to work in capacities where they can have easy access to them.
Hopefully LE has explored this avenue.

Random, amateur ponderings, speculation and opinion only

I just had an insight that most of you have probably already had. I was just thinking about Jon Benet, and Polly Klaas.

Like Jon Benet, Jayme participated in competitions where little girls were dolled up; in Jayme's case it was dance costumes. (Please, let's not get in a debate about whether pageants and dance contests are good or bad for young girls. I'm just drawing the comparison).

In the Polly Klaas case, the Perp picked her randomly. He asked the children present in her home - whose home it was. It was Polly's, so he took her.

The point to this is that Jayme could have been stalked by someone who became fascinated and obsessed with her at these dance exhibitions. Or, it could have been something as random as the Klaas case.

As far as the dance recitals go - we know that those with unhealthy fixations on children tend to work in capacities where they can have easy access to them.
Hopefully LE has explored this avenue.

Random, amateur ponderings, speculation and opinion only
yes im curious if the school staff has been thoroughly questioned...especially those who could be present at the recitals like after hours staff

It was stated not too long ago that Denise spoke on the phone with one of her sisters at 10 pm and all 3 were home then and fine. MOO

I went back and reviewed Whiskers16 timeline at the start of each new thread here... it is such a good timeline.

Thanks for the reminder about the phone call with Denise and her sister.

Since it seem James was home when the breach at the front door happened, it makes sense Denise would have been around the front door scene, too, and possibly Jayme, all woken up (by having this late night call).

The open floor plan suggested by the new information means it may have been hard to hide behind a wall, or something like that.

I thought you were asking if it was established Denise Closs talked on the phone with her sister around 10 pm ish.

Here Fitzgerald says all were accounted for:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...appearance-one-month-after-parents-murder.amp

I think that maybe should be also added to the timeline. IMO, it’s important to understand James was home.

Last edited:
Thanks. It says it there.

And here is the weird quote which is strange because of the suicide issue.

If he was shot through the door, the casings would be outside not in the house, right?
—————

Excellent point.

Here is the quote from the article above.

—————

He kept hunting rifles in the house, which have been accounted for. However, is it possible that a hand gun of James was used that has not been accounted for, but they haven't mentioned this in front of the media due to it being evidence (from the bullets that were found)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member