AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should we suspect everyone as someone who could do us harm? Obviously, as this case shows, your home isn't safe. Malls aren't safe... trails and sidewalks... camping... buses... fairs, amusement parks... motels... Frightening world, and law enforcement is after-the-fact. LE cannot protect you, only help after the crime.

God bless our LE, but I would argue there is not much help they can offer victims AFTER the crime.

True, but I’m sure they still bring home traces from the protective clothing.
One thing I saw when researching Jennie O, in the reviews people noted that there were showers for the employees. I would hope most of the employees took advantage of them. Especially if they were working in the areas that handle the dead poultry. And I would think after a shower they would change their clothes.

God bless our LE, but I would argue there is not much help they can offer victims AFTER the crime.
Our LE was fantastic in their response to our crime, I have no doubt they will be beavering away. However, you are correct even if I am in a different Country. AFTER the crime is in some ways more frightening than during the crime. I know LE will be doing their bits and bobs however the carnage left behind in violent crimes is almost indescribable

This may seem silly and can just be a typo or because the crime occurred that day but I was just looking at the police dispatch log again and noticed something that I hadn't before. On the bottom of page 5 it first mentions that they are attempting to find Jayme . If you read on it states last date of contact 10/15/18.
Obviously, that is the day she went missing. I am taking an outside shot here but is it implying that they heard her on 911 call? That is the only time they could have made any contact with her on 10/15/18. Again, it could be that they just put that date down because that is when the actual crime occurred

I'm trying to picture someone leaving work dressed in anti-turkey gear covered in gross bird fixins.

"Hi Honey, I'm home!" :D
I don't think anyone would wear their dirty gear home, but could easily have fibbers left on their street clothes and end up with that in their home. the not comeing home like that is why I would think they wore protective gear at work.

MOO

I’ve been following since day one of this tragedy. What follows is absolutely my own opinion.

2 perpetrators involved

Perp 1 knocks on front door.

Perp 2 either goes through garage, or waits by garage door.

James answers front door. He knows Perp 1. He’s been expecting a visit, because he owes a debt. The perps are coming to collect.

James tells Perp 1 he cannot pay. Perp 1 tells him that he is taking Jayme for payment.

James tries to shut door. Perp 1 breaks door and shoots James because James can identify him.

Denise is in the living room. Perp 1 tells her to open garage door.

Denise goes down hallway to open door. Calls 911 drops phone. Goes back to living room, pleading with Perp 1 not to take Jayme.

Perp 1 tells her to sit.

When Denise hears someone coming through garage and taking Jayme, she starts to get up.

Perp 1 starts shooting. One bullet hits chair Denise was sitting in. All of this occurs within 5 feet of entrance.

Perp 2 takes Jayme (alive, although maybe knocked out) and leaves through the garage.

Jayme is sold to pay debt.

This is the only scenario that even begins to make sense to me. I resisted the “sold into slavery” idea for a long time, because it seems too much like a Lifetime movie. However, the more I read and the more I go over possible scenarios in my head, this is the only one that makes sense to me. It was a professional, well thought out, intentional crime.

I’m sure the professional “sleuthers” will poke holes in my theory – I just wanted to share

MOO

the only hole i have to poke - (just my feelings only): LE, as far as we know, haven't been able to find anything relating to James being in trouble or having debts, etc. Which doesn't completely rule it out, I know, but I also feel like if something is so big you will kill two people and sell a 13 y.o. there'd most likely be SOME evidence? something somewhere?

i also go back and forth on 1 or more perps. my feeling is that jayme was the target for....ughhh "personal reasons" (so not for selling)...which leans me towards just 1 perp. a clean and quick crime scene also makes me think 1, but 2 is also definitely possible so i won't nitpick that part of your scenario :)

definitely agree with you though that this wasn't mistaken identity, this wasn't spur of the moment...i have felt this way from day 1 and while i have entertained other scenarios i keep coming back to very well premeditated and Jayme was the target.

the lack of evidence left...maybe there really was none left. maybe there was and was so small amount that it is not found. maybe there was some left but was expected to be there. I am thinking it easily could be some left but was expected to be there either because of cross contamination or because someone had been there for a logical reason previously. but the interview I have been searching for the sheriff says no one had recently been in the home, I cant link it because I cant find it. another member pointed me toward a different interview that says about the same thing. I just don't know what recently been in the home means. does recently mean in the last 24 hours? does it mean in the last 6 months? does no one mean no strangers, no friends, no family?

Personally, I think people would be only too pleased to get out of their place of work, Take their coveralls off and go on home in their own clothes. Then take their shower at home. Unless they are going out straight after work at which they may take advantage of a public shower. I know my team very rarely use the showers that are provided in their place of work albeit different they are office orientated. Obviously, dealing with livestock, etc may provide a different mindset.

Not sure what to make of this......from Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2018:

Dispatch logs no longer available in current form

Hmm.

I'm not familiar with Spillman reporting. The log printed for the Closs call was an interesting summary report. However, most systems have copies of incidents readily available to dispatch from say 6 months to a year (sometimes longer). All calls should be sent to records and searchable database storage by the day after the call is closed(automated transfer, usually around midnight). There should be an interface to easily access and print/distribute those stored calls.

My guess is that the reports written for the old system have not been modified/rewritten for Spillman.

Nice shower at work. Free hot water rather han paying the hot water bill at home.

Personally, I think people would be only too pleased to get out of their place of work, Take their coveralls off and go on home in their own clothes. Then take their shower at home. Unless they are going out straight after work at which they may take advantage of a public shower. I know my team very rarely use the showers that are provided in their place of work albeit different they are office orientated. Obviously, dealing with livestock, etc may provide a different mindset.
Speaking for myself only, when I'm going to cook any poultry, I use everything except bleach on the bird. I keep hot water running and do it as quickly as I can. I can barely stand to touch it or smell it. And memories of my grandmother plucking the feathers off a chicken she's just killed, make me nauseous. I would absolutely have to take a shower if I did that all day long. I would hope your office environment is different than a poultry house. :D. jmo

the lack of evidence left...maybe there really was none left. maybe there was and was so small amount that it is not found. maybe there was some left but was expected to be there. I am thinking it easily could be some left but was expected to be there either because of cross contamination or because someone had been there for a logical reason previously. but the interview I have been searching for the sheriff says no one had recently been in the home, I cant link it because I cant find it. another member pointed me toward a different interview that says about the same thing. I just don't know what recently been in the home means. does recently mean in the last 24 hours? does it mean in the last 6 months? does no one mean no strangers, no friends, no family?
That statement threw me off too because I at least expected family to have been there at some point in the recent time. I also would have thought Jayme would have had friends over. I wasnt sure how to take the statement, other than thinking the only dna found were from the 3 residents. ? However, it does toss out a few rumors that were circulating.

That statement threw me off too because I at least expected family to have been there at some point in the recent time. I also would have thought Jayme would have had friends over. I wasnt sure how to take the statement, other than thinking the only dna found were from the 3 residents. ? However, it does toss out a few rumors that were circulating.
Maybe tossing out rumors was the purpose....

If you read on it states last date of contact 10/15/18.
Obviously, that is the day she went missing. I am taking an outside shot here but is it implying that they heard her on 911 call? That is the only time they could have made any contact with her on 10/15/18. Again, it could be that they just put that date down because that is when the actual crime occurred

Sheriff Fitzgerald previously stated that LE has reason to believe that Jayme was home at the time of the murders, but wouldn't elaborate on why. MOO has always been that there's some important clue or other contextual detail in the 911 recording they aren't revealing. If that's true, I assume LE has good reason for keeping the information secret, but it is rather puzzling.

Am I understanding the timeline of the murder/kidnapping correctly? A neighbor hears gunshots at 12:30am and the 911 call is place almost 30 minutes later. The phone that made the 911 call was found at the house. So, the parents were shot, and the killer(s) stayed in the house for another 30 minutes? And assuming the parents were killed immediately, as I've been reading, Jayme must have made the call?

Forgive me if this has been hashed out already.

Am I understanding the timeline of the murder/kidnapping correctly? A neighbor hears gunshots at 12:30am and the 911 call is place almost 30 minutes later. The phone that made the 911 call was found at the house. So, the parents were shot, and the killer(s) stayed in the house for another 30 minutes? And assuming the parents were killed immediately, as I've been reading, Jayme must have made the call?

Forgive me if this has been hashed out already.

LE has stated that the shots heard by the neighbors are unsubstantiated, and has given multiple indications that the neighbors are off on the time of the gunshots.

LE has said they have no evidence leading them to believe the perps were in the house for more than a few minutes.

You are correct that the phone that made the 911 call was found in the house. It was made from Denise's cell phone. We don't know who made the 911 call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo